[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: HorridForm.5926

HorridForm.5926

Mighty Mesmer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQJARWlwzipXVTsGb9IipHBnvBckUYapWJFz2FC-jUCBYLBigAjEJQ5QFRjtMMIVXht8Ka6aYKXER1SBUlyI-w

Please substitute Chaotic Interruption for Bountiful interruption.

The damage/tagging comes from might stacking off of Bountiful interruption.

- You can build might in the following ways.
1. Winds of Chaos (1 stack for 9 seconds on successful bounce.)
2. 30% chance on critical hit (1 stack for 18 seconds)
3. Swap to second weapon set (3 stacks for 36 seconds)
4. Dodge Roll (1 stack for 9 seconds)
5. Interrupt a target with a.) Chaos Storm b.) Into the Void (5 stacks per player interrupted for 9 Seconds)

(edited by HorridForm.5926)

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

“Bountiful Interruption: Gain might for 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe, then gain another boon randomly.”

5 seconds, not 5 stacks…

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

“Bountiful Interruption: Gain might for 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe, then gain another boon randomly.”

5 seconds, not 5 stacks…

You are wrong, it works as the OP stated.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

Just walking into this kitten storm of an update. So tooltip is wrong on bountiful interruption? I’m asking as I haven’t had a chance to look at it.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

Sorry could someone explain where the might from the sword/focus comes from? Never mind it’s the superior sigil of battle. You only gain 5 stacks of might when you interrupt someone, correct? When you summon GS (4) Phantasmal Berserker and Shatter/Daze him?

I’m really impressed and it seems like a really great way to build might stacks for flat damage as well as extremely powerful condition damage if you can get enough stacks of might. The rotation is pretty simple.

So to clarify…
Attack with Greatsword (Stack 1-2 stacks of might)
Swap to Sword/Focus (Proc’s superior sigil of battle for 3 stacks of might)
Throw down Temporal Curtain —→ Null Field —> Activate --→ Feedback
Then … run through with sword-focus auto-attacks (sounds scary to me XD)
Used Blurred Frenzy / & Mind-Stab —→ Illusionary Wave --→
Retreat w/ into the veil

How long exactly are those might stacks lasting with 60% up-time?
It definitely should work as Horridform suggests, and it sounds freaking scary.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

You gain 5 stacks of might at a 5 second base duration, every time you interrupt, with no cool down. If you interrupt 2 foes, you get 10 stacks, and so on. This is why AoE daze/interrupt skills can potentially be so powerful with this trait, and the mesmer possesses a few which can proc interrupts in this manner. GS #5 interrupts almost on command due to the nature of pushing foes back who are likely using a skill. As for focus pulls, I believe the ele’s magnetic shield is the only other AoE pull in the game. It’s a less reliable source of interrupts but can be very effective if you have the BI trait.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

HorridForm.5926

Lunar

The attack requires some degree of skill. I suspect that anyone not playing with key binding will struggle to make everything go off as intended. If done correctly you will get some nice tags. At least more then the current state of confuse/glamour bombing.

To the best of my knowledge each interrupt will yield 5 stacks of might. It has been difficult for me to determine with 100% accuracy due to the multiple factors involved, but I have hit a zerg with multiple interrupts and have gone from 7 stacks of might to 25 in a flash.

The up time on the might stacks is actually 80% once you include trait. The only time I really notice that the might stacks are low is when there’s 2-3 enemies on field. At this point you’re less likely to activate massive stacks. So I feel the duration is adequate.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Helios.3598

5 seconds, not 5 stacks…

Really??! Here is my reference . If I’m wrong then I apologize. The spell description wording is very poor.

If it actually adds 5 stack per intterupt then that’s incredible. I’m definitely traiting it for WvW. I’m thinking of going perhaps with a GS/Staff, 20(II,X)/20(II,X)/30(IV,VIII,X or XI)/0/0, hybrid build. I’ll prolly stick with Runes of the Centaur and perhaps some boon duration food.

mesmer of Blackgate

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

5 seconds, not 5 stacks…

Really??! Here is my reference . If I’m wrong then I apologize. The spell description wording is very poor.

If it actually adds 5 stack per intterupt then that’s incredible. I’m definitely traiting it for WvW. I’m thinking of going perhaps with a GS/Staff, 20(II,X)/20(II,X)/30(IV,VIII,X or XI)/0/0, hybrid build. I’ll prolly stick with Runes of the Centaur and perhaps some boon duration food.

The wiki is poorly labeled, it gives 5 stacks of might on interrupt + another random boon. That being said, it’s still a very poor trait due to the very nature of interrupts. The only possible use it has is randomly firing interrupts into a zerg in wvw.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Yep, it does add 5 stacks. I thought the same thing at first, because the tooltip is worded very poorly. The build you described is incredibly similar to the one I posted a little earlier. Check it out, it’s a hybrid phantasm/support build: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Phantasmal-Boons/first#post2302442

That being said, it’s still a very poor trait due to the very nature of interrupts. The only possible use it has is randomly firing interrupts into a zerg in wvw.

I agree that it’s poorly designed due to the nature of most interrupts in general, but it’s far from a poor trait. I’ve personally been using it with great effectiveness in groups. Between the Greatsword and Staff’s AoE interrupting abilities, you’re all but guaranteed to get at least 1-2 interrupts on groups larger that 2 people.

That said, the fact that it is random makes it somewhat unreliable, but I haven’t had a situation yet where I haven’t gotten at least 10 stacks of might from it.

In regards to the OP’s build, I actually like it a lot. It seems like a pretty active build, but I can’t really comment on it in practice because I rarely zerg at all. I love all the new builds popping up!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

5 seconds, not 5 stacks…

As ANet tends to do with tooltips, the wording is really vague for BI. They don’t specify the number of stacks of might (which, through testing, is five), so technically, the tooltip is correct. Poorly worded, but correct.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xelnok.2397

Xelnok.2397

The recent patch added the 5 stacks, which is why the wiki hasn’t been updated yet.

“Bountiful Interruption: This trait has been moved to the Master tier. In addition to granting a random boon on interrupt, this trait will also grant 5 stacks of might.”

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Helios.3598

Yep, it does add 5 stacks. I thought the same thing at first, because the tooltip is worded very poorly. The build you described is incredibly similar to the one I posted a little earlier. Check it out, it’s a hybrid phantasm/support build: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Phantasmal-Boons/first#post2302442

Cool. I think that if you hit a 15+ man zerg with Chaos Storm you should easily hit 25 stacks. With 30 in chaos, signet of midnight, and some boon food you’d have that up for a good 8+ seconds just from Chaos Storm. Similar to your build I could run signet of inspiration to give those boons out. Then possibly run Diversion + Signet of Illusions to keep my might up while Chaos Storm is on CD. That and hit people with Illusionary Wave.

mesmer of Blackgate

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

HorridForm.5926

I updated the build based on some feedback and in game experience.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: chat.4062

chat.4062

@ Helios : sorry but he won t have stack of might , organize groups of peoples use stability, so chaos storm won t proc anything.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Minas.8701

Minas.8701

It really feels like the spec does a great job at stacking might but not as good a job at utilizing the stacks. Do you think going into illusions instead of inspiration would make delivery a bit stronger? Something like that:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAW8dlwziqXVzoGb9IhpHDX4A/kCmvcSKMNqB-jkyAINBZKTgIRw5wioxWBDS1Nsl3opZwUpER1OkioVLDQ1aA-w

Keeping all the might creating stuff and going for longer and more confusion and extra bounce on staff instead of shorter cooldowns.

Am I missing a big part of the specs damage dealing methods? Correct me if I’m wrong please.

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Helios.3598

@ Helios : sorry but he won t have stack of might , organize groups of peoples use stability, so chaos storm won t proc anything.

You’re right regarding stability. I had mixed results last night in wvw verse SoR’s blob. I was able to get a stack of 14 might at one point that lasted a while, but generating stacks wakitten or miss. I feel like you need to combine it with null field vs a zerg or arcane thievery vs a single target. My survivability was very high and I typically had 8+ might stacks for every engagement. In spvp this build was okay, but certainly not optimized. I was getting roflstomped by scepter/shatter mesmers and stun warriors.

I thinkā€¦ one way to maximize the potential of this would be to add Imbued Diversion and go for a 0/20(II,X)/20(V,VIII)/0/30(I,VI,XII) shatter build along with signet of illusions and null field. One trick to this verse a zerg may be to use the 2 skill on GS verse their mid-line and immediately diversion shatter the generated clone before he dies. If they don’t have stability that little clone should push you up to 20+ might stacks right away. Then spawn berserker and witness the horror Pop signet of illusions and do it again.

mesmer of Blackgate

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: chat.4062

chat.4062

A good way to have might for sure helios

[Mighty Mesmer][WvW]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Against single target there is no contest iDisenchanter + sword clones and watch their boons melt and also the conditions put on you.