Mind Wrack a GM trait!?!?!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Forgive me for freaking out, but with all the celebrations over IP being baseline etc. did anyone else notice that they seem to have made MW a GM train in illusions?

Go to the reddit page of notes here
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33qrg0/specialization_ama_livestream_notes/

and click on the image for the illusion trait line, or click here http://i.imgur.com/h7a0WHQ.jpg.

I mean… what the fuuuuuuq? Yay we all get IP! Oh wait, but now we need to get a GM in illusions to use MW?! Not a good trade imo. Ofc always have to read the fine kittening print with Anet. Thought this was all too good to be true. As I said apologies for wigging out on this, but I think this is just stupid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

I think you got it wrong. One new GM trait will be Master of Fragmentation which somehow improves all four shatter skills.
And as an example WM is shown here and it seems we get confusion and might added to MW with this GM trait so you now deal dmg with MW AND confusion and you get one stack might.

So nothing wrong here. ^-^

It seems they generally moved a few trait from one line to another;
Domination is still for interrupting, vulnerability stacking and direct dmg;
Dueling still is for sword and pistol, also we get a few things for evasion (DE is grandmaster trait now.) Also get a new “on crit” trait which will put us back on the confusion train it seems;
Chaos is about boons and boon duration, added a damage reflection for manipulation skills. Anything else seems to be how and where it was;
Inspiration buffes phantasms and glamour spells. Illusionary Inspiration seems nice;
Finally Illusions still is about shatter and they added a “torment on confusion”- trait, I think they want to push mesmer a bit more in direction of confusion again.

Overall the changes all seem nice and we’ll see how it goes.

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

yea, so that mind wrack is just linked there to show you what master of fragmentation does to mind wrack. It’s not actually the GM trait. Master of fragmentation is the GM trait that sorta collected all the buffs to shatters that you could trait for in the old Illusions line, like reflection on distortion and retaliation on cry of frustration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Goodness, the overreaction. Please. Please. PLEASE pay closer attention to what’s actually been said and release before making ridiculous threads like this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

Bear in mind that trait trees are a complete packages now. The distinction between adept, master, and grandmaster traits only mean something if you’re leveling.

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Forgive me for freaking out, but with all the celebrations over IP being baseline etc. did anyone else notice that they seem to have made MW a GM train in illusions?

Go to the reddit page of notes here
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33qrg0/specialization_ama_livestream_notes/

and click on the image for the illusion trait line, or click here http://i.imgur.com/h7a0WHQ.jpg.

I mean… what the fuuuuuuq? Yay we all get IP! Oh wait, but now we need to get a GM in illusions to use MW?! Not a good trade imo. Ofc always have to read the fine kittening print with Anet. Thought this was all too good to be true. As I said apologies for wigging out on this, but I think this is just stupid.

When this patch comes out, you will:

1. Choose three full traitlines. This means you’d be taking all of illusions, rather than being able to only take 4 points of it.
  2. You will get one adept, one master and one grandmaster (and all three minors).
  3. You can not take more than one adept or master trait. It MUST be one adept, one master and one grandmaster.

This means taking Master of Fragmentation isn’t hard and is actually probably going to be one of the more powerful grandmasters available.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

I think you got it wrong. One new GM trait will be Master of Fragmentation which somehow improves all four shatter skills.
And as an example WM is shown here and it seems we get confusion and might added to MW with this GM trait so you now deal dmg with MW AND confusion and you get one stack might.

So nothing wrong here. ^-^

It seems they generally moved a few trait from one line to another;
Domination is still for interrupting, vulnerability stacking and direct dmg;
Dueling still is for sword and pistol, also we get a few things for evasion (DE is grandmaster trait now.) Also get a new “on crit” trait which will put us back on the confusion train it seems;
Chaos is about boons and boon duration, added a damage reflection for manipulation skills. Anything else seems to be how and where it was;
Inspiration buffes phantasms and glamour spells. Illusionary Inspiration seems nice;
Finally Illusions still is about shatter and they added a “torment on confusion”- trait, I think they want to push mesmer a bit more in direction of confusion again.

Overall the changes all seem nice and we’ll see how it goes.

Oohhh, ok thanks. Super late here, my bad. Apologies for causing Fay’s panties to bunch up; oh the calamity of a silly thread! Anyways, thanks for clearing this up for me, this makes sense.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

It is just the way how the skills show up in the trait tree. Initially it looks like decoy was made a trait, but the window in the new spec tree is actually desperate decoy that produces the decoy effect at 50% health. The windows are the wrong way around which doesn’t help. The trait effect should be at the top.

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

GM traits mean less now as you only get to choose 3 trait lines for 6/6/6.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m guessing Master of Fragmentation will give the usual Reflect on Distortion, AoE Diversion (if they don’t make it default), Increased crit chance for MW, and I don’t know about CoF…

I think they might change retal on CoF based on their comments about mesmer and retal – so who knows how it could be augmented.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

GM traits mean less now as you only get to choose 3 trait lines for 6/6/6.

this

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Honestly, that mind wrack trait needs to be GM at its current state, as it gives 50% damage increase to anyone that isn’t using a skill. So if you take confounding suggestions, you can mirror blade, blink, diversion or mantra, mind wrack and your target will probably have died. If my mind wracks do about 2.5k to the average person without mind wrack trait, with fragility and that trait, they will now do 4.1k (not including extra vuln from dazes and mirror blade), and combined with a 3 bounce mirror blade, that target is going to explode.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Honestly, that mind wrack trait needs to be GM at its current state, as it gives 50% damage increase to anyone that isn’t using a skill. So if you take confounding suggestions, you can mirror blade, blink, diversion or mantra, mind wrack and your target will probably have died. If my mind wracks do about 2.5k to the average person without mind wrack trait, with fragility and that trait, they will now do 4.1k (not including extra vuln from dazes and mirror blade), and combined with a 3 bounce mirror blade, that target is going to explode.

Yep, I’m amazed even for a second that people have cried nerf. What we have coming is huge. Massive buff to cc, dps and survivability all in one.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

Agreed! My jaw dropped when i read that Trait, it’s really powerfull.

But I would change the discription to something like this:

Mental Torment – Mind Wrack does more damage. If your foe is innactive, drop a nuclear bomb on them instead.

Proud Member Of:

Guild – HerĂ³is Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Agreed! My jaw dropped when i read that Trait, it’s really powerfull.

But I would change the discription to something like this:

Mental Torment – Mind Wrack does more damage. If your foe is innactive, drop a nuclear bomb on them instead.

LOL!

Yeah, and with confounding suggestions… :o scary as kitten.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

With all these buffs I’m just scared people will cry to big Mommy ANet and ask to nerf us right off the bat…

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: stamps.4089

stamps.4089

People in this thread not being completely clear:

Mind Wrack is GM trait in domination and was buffed.

Master of Fragmentation combines the old traits in the Illusions line that buffed all the individual shatters. That is, higher crit chance for MW, an additional stack of confusion for CoF (instead of retal), AoE Diversion, and reflection on Distortion.

So you can go into Domination as usual for MW trait and don’t need to go into Illusions unless you want the additional shatter buffs.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

No, mental torment is the GM trait in domination, and it has been buffed.

Master of fragmentation is the GM trait in illusions. Due to how trait facts work, when a trait modifies a skill or uses a skill, it shows that modified or used skill. This is how it works now, which is why I’m a little confused as to all the people getting up in arms about this particular thing. People saw ‘mind wrack’ floating there above master of fragmentation and went ballistic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Goodness, the overreaction. Please. Please. PLEASE pay closer attention to what’s actually been said and release before making ridiculous threads like this.

Yeah I was thinking that. Same with the Elasticity thread. I wish people would read what they’re crying about.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

stamps.4089

Mental Torment is just the old Mind Wrack trait renamed…

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mental_Torment

What was that you were saying?

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

But it’s not… you missed the part about Mental Torment being buffed.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-mesmer-domination-specialization.jpg

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Yeah… pretty sure the stack of confusion and might are from “Illusionary Retribution” and “Shattered strength” The illusion minor traits and has been default to the illusion tree even with our current system.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Master of Fragmentation combines the old traits in the Illusions line that buffed all the individual shatters. That is, higher crit chance for MW, an additional stack of confusion for CoF (instead of retal), AoE Diversion, and reflection on Distortion.

So you can go into Domination as usual for MW trait and don’t need to go into Illusions unless you want the additional shatter buffs.

The additional stack of confusion is from the minor trait. We don’t know what MoF does for F2 yet.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

stamps.4089

Apparently Fay and phokus don’t know how to read my original comment in which I state that “Mind Wrack is (now) GM trait in domination and was buffed.” in which I used the terminology Mind Wrack because that’s what OP was referring to. I am well aware it was renamed, didn’t think I needed to spell that out…

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Apparently Fay and phokus don’t know how to read my original comment in which I state that “Mind Wrack is (now) GM trait in domination and was buffed.” in which I used the terminology Mind Wrack because that’s what OP was referring to. I am well aware it was renamed, didn’t think I needed to spell that out…

Nothing was renamed.

There is currently a trait called mental torment. There will be a buffed trait called mental torment.

There is currently no trait called mind wrack. There will be no trait called mind wrack.

There is currently a shatter skill named mind wrack. There will be a shatter skill named mind wrack.

I hope that clears it up for you. OP was simply a victim of incomplete note reading, and was completely wrong.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Yep, I’m amazed even for a second that people have cried nerf. What we have coming is huge. Massive buff to cc, dps and survivability all in one.

Don’t get too attached to the 25/50 numbers yet. On the stream Friday the devs stated they were literally exploding golems with this trait and the numbers would likely be lowered.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Don’t get too attached to the 25/50 numbers yet. On the stream Friday the devs stated they were literally exploding golems with this trait and the numbers would likely be lowered.

We know it will be higher then 20% so it really wont matter much. It’s the guaranteed 1 second stun that will allow me to explode people, the mind wrack damage is extra

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

We know it will be higher then 20% so it really wont matter much. It’s the guaranteed 1 second stun that will allow me to explode people, the mind wrack damage is extra

Guaranteed if they dont have stability, dodge it, etc….