more dmg than #1

cons:
slow animation
ridiculous small aoe size

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

GS3 is a bad skill. Sword1 however is amazing.

You want boon stripping, go with MH Sword; you and your Clones will ensure your opponent never keeps a boon for long.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

It is bad. It would be nice if it was single target and sure to hit or having a big enough AoE to hit mor then ppl standing on top of each other.

Blub.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darkinub.6781

Darkinub.6781

I say revert it back to the one in beta where it auto homed like ele flame tooth (without aiming) and dazed the target :I it seemed more useful back then. I dont use the current version of the skill anymore :I or just change the aoe thing to something new with bigger aoe

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

Well… let’s see:
- Damage barely better than auto-attack
- Tiny reticle
- Makes you stop moving to use it

You’d have to be in an utterly ideal situation (they’re not moving, I don’t need to move, they have a boon I definitely want to remove, the ground is angled correctly so I can get a good target) for it to be useful. Most times I’d rather just channel another auto-attack.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

You want boon stripping, go with MH Sword; you and your Clones will ensure your opponent never keeps a boon for long.

This is WRONG. Clones only use the first attack in the chain, meaning all they are doing is applying vulnerability. Boon stripping is attack #3.

I agree GS 3 I pretty much garbage. I only ever use it on dense clusters of mobs in PvE, or in WvW against a really packed zerg.

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Mindstab has some uses, but overall in the worst filler in the GS lineup.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

This is WRONG. Clones only use the first attack in the chain, meaning all they are doing is applying vulnerability. Boon stripping is attack #3.

I agree GS 3 I pretty much garbage. I only ever use it on dense clusters of mobs in PvE, or in WvW against a really packed zerg.

Look carefully at how Sword Clones attack.

Really, people should test things for themselves before making random claims in CAPS.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Use GS 1 with time warp is pretty kitten good. GS 3 is not good unless applied at the right time (damage is an after thought on it).

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It’s terrible. I miss the old one.

I would prefer if it wasn’t ground targeted, and either hit harder or had a bigger aoe.

Look carefully at how Sword Clones attack.

Really, people should test things for themselves before making random claims in CAPS.

This, do people even play their mesmer? Oo

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackStabbath.9780

BlackStabbath.9780

I say revert it back to the one in beta where it auto homed like ele flame tooth (without aiming) and dazed the target :I it seemed more useful back then. I dont use the current version of the skill anymore :I or just change the aoe thing to something new with bigger aoe

This!!!

Daze effect would actually make this skill useful and would make the Master trait “Confounding Suggestions” also worth taking… 2 birds, 1 Stone.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

I think adding a blast finisher onto it would help the skill but its aoe radius would have to be increased, stripping one boon is cool but i would like it to do something else aswell.

Ooh maybe make it a chain skill where we can teleport to where we mind stabbed and cause the same effect (dmg + boon removal) upon teleport.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treason.8417

Treason.8417

Just let it be a blast finisher and i’ll be happy

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Think it was made for WvW to be used against Dagger Storm. Strip Stability + knockback. Other than that… used to remove swiftness, regen, protection, or large stacks of might.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chumsy.5714

Chumsy.5714

I think it should cause 5 sec confusion, I mean it makes sense, you are stabbing their minds!

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arkk.3509

Arkk.3509

As others have said, this skill is the worst one currently available to the greatsword bar. Even so, the greatsword is one of our best weapons. Still, it would be nice to revert it to being auto-target or increase the size. Bringing back the daze is trouble tho, one because it reduces our already slim aoe potential (AoE daze would need a massive increase to the cd), and two because it would make lockdown mesmer too strong. We already have a signet, a mantra, moa morph, magic bullet, GS knock back, focus pull, etc etc.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

The reason Daze was removed from Mind Stab is because it made the GS essential for lockdown builds.

I don’t see the problem with that though: Staff is essential for condition builds and the Sceptre is designed to be essential for Shatter builds (even though it fails miserably at that and no Shatter build actually needs the Sceptre).

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jungle Quack.1368

Jungle Quack.1368

I would say:

1) Increase AoE size to double what it is now

2) Increase Damage

3) Add Blind

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: PerfectSelf.8914

PerfectSelf.8914

Tenanera evom rouy!
Thank you for your Feedback, guys!

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dess.4391

Dess.4391

Again, as ALL mesmers skills its situational. I found it awesome to strip mobs/bosses from buffs (the regen in the troll in AC for example). Yeah the small size and how it roots you in place its not very nice, but it can have some nice effects
Tbh i rather have its boon strip over some blind or other effect, i really dont wanna take the remove a boon on shatter trait At least not now
Maybe make it like a very lil null field?? Remove 1 boon from enemy and 1 condition from ally?? I dont think it would become OP and will add more options to use it

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

If you want boon stripping use the Sword. It strips boons on the third attack (also called Mind Stab), and Sword Clones do it too.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Yep this skill needs some tweaking. Either allow moving while finishing the mindstab (without disrupting the cast thus), add combo finisher, add another condition, make are larger, make it more powerfull, wathever you want. But currently i’ll go as far as call it underpowered for the effort you need to do to cast it and not being hit while casting it by melee’s closing in your position.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cogadh.1845

Cogadh.1845

Since I am always mobile on my mesmer, Ive stopped using this due to the animation lock. Stationary mesmer equals dead mesmer with my playstyle.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I would be ok to raise the damage, I think it’s pretty ok the way it is. What could be changed is either the radius/number of mobs hit or another short condition such as blind yeah.
But I don’t think it’s that weak actually. It’s a bit weak compared to the other skills but not so bad. Why not improving radius/number of mobs hit, would be a bit better without making it OP.

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

It’s an odd situation. GS has 2 skills (Mindstab and the knockback #5) that you avoid using until a special case comes up. Almost like GS has 3 skills and 2 utilities o.O

Mindstab

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

What I find odd about the GS is it seems to be at loss whether it wants to stay as far away as possible (Spatial Surge) or get up close and personal (Mirror Blade, you need to be close for it to tag an opponent twice).