Mirage Power Build, anyone?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

So, did anyone test out a S+S mirage power build this past weekend? If so, thoughts? Any viability?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

You swap out a more useful trait line and the ability to moa people for a low cooldown elite.

Pointless.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

i only run dual swords. I liked it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Ye tried swird torch gs and sword sword staff. Both were pretty neat

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I did. It was mostly a resounding meh for small & mid scale WvW encounters. And completely useless for large scale encounters, whether that be as someone eating at the tail or someone in the zerg.

Chrono offers more independence while simultaneously being less selfish than Mirage.

Mirage was really good at surviving, but actually doing lethal damage wasn’t easy while running power.

Playing Mirage as condi was quite a bit better in small scale, but still beneath Chrono imo.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in Mesmer

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

I did. It was mostly a resounding meh for small & mid scale WvW encounters. And completely useless for large scale encounters, whether that be as someone eating at the tail or someone in the zerg.

Chrono offers more independence while simultaneously being less selfish than Mirage.

Mirage was really good at surviving, but actually doing lethal damage wasn’t easy while running power.

Playing Mirage as condi was quite a bit better in small scale, but still beneath Chrono imo.

Try any sPvP as power or condi mirage? If so, thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Was most of my weekend, it was fun for 1v1s but honestly Condi is just going to be superior in the end.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

I tried mostly GS, A/T and S/T, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would. I found the Sword abush skill very useful in several situations, it’s the best abush skill in my opinion. Axe sometimes worked sometimes it didn’t, too unreliable for a power build and the GS abush skill is a joke, absolutely useless in any possible situation, the dmg is non-existant and it slightly locks you in place while using it. Power Mirage is far inferior to Power Chronomancer in way too many ways.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I strongly feel that power mirage is better than power chronomancer when it comes to running dual swords. It covers almost all of the weaknesses of chrono melee fighter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

I strongly feel that power mirage is better than power chronomancer when it comes to running dual swords. It covers almost all of the weaknesses of chrono melee fighter.

How does Sword off hand even come close to the uses of Chrono’s shield?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

How does Sword off hand even come close to the uses of Chrono’s shield?

Mostly the phantasm, to be completely honest.

You could setup a full burst quickly, plus have the pretty good damage of the sword phantasm smacking them in the face.

If you think about it, with S+S you actually have 4 illusion generators even without deceptive evasion. Ambush 1, 3, 4, and 5.

That’s not really “better than chrono’s shield”, but combine it with, say, an unexpected Illusionary Ambush on a target trying to even out your fight (You’re still the +1, that’s likely never going to change), and it can be decent.

Idk. I’m playing devil’s advocate at this point.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki