Mirage axe animations with astralaria.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Well in all the BabyRage and the negativity around mirage i thought id drop this here for ppl to see.

https://youtu.be/DlEAX7XRF-c

enjoy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The single best thing that is giving me motivation to finish is no horrific rattling/ticking sound on imaginary axes!!! My god I hope that’s not a bug because I’ll be so happy without having to listen to that awful rattling sound effect.

Currently on Tier III making charged quartz. Gift of maguuma mastery done, mystic tribute ready, just need to finish tier III and IV of precursor.

Would have been nice to see animations on asura, because asura have a sick aerial pirouette/twirl on the third hit of the auto chain which I think will look amazing with astralaria! (Just like asura have the best animations on everything. )

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

This and some charr nonesense is all i could find sorry.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Don’t be sorry! Great to see a video so thanks for linking it here.

I’m just looking forward to playing with it on my asura.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Very nice, shame I’ll never use axe on mesmer most likely.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Thanks for the vid. Sadly, it just reminds me of how slow the axe is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s the same speed as Sword. It just feels slow because he’s not canceling downtimes with Axe2 or Axe3 (and he’s traited so he should be using axe skills as much as possible).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Only thing slow about the axe is the easily dodged ambush projectile arcs and axe 3.

It just needs tweak so it has the best condi application of our weapons given that it’s melee.

Honestly, as a melee weapon it should cleave all its attacks as well.

Mesmer is the single condi class with no condi cleave whatsoever.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Arguably thief has less condi cleave than Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

Arguably thief has less condi cleave than Mesmer.

Well with traps and venoms it’s not nonexistent, unlike mesmer who only hkittenters (which you don’t do) and staff #5/scepter 3 line aoe.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

Axe does also decent power dmg. Nowhere near great tmg but with better scaling it could be a neat weapon.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Axe does also decent power dmg. Nowhere near great tmg but with better scaling it could be a neat weapon.

The scaling is really low and the base isn’t that high. If by decent power damage, you mean it does power damage, then you’re correct. But it’s nowhere near enough to justify running it on a power build atm. You can check the damage on your power builds by using the chat links then compare it to other weapons.

Just a note: It has less damage output than Scepter on power builds, so… uhh… yeah…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

tbh this was the only redeeming feature for Mirage for me. Pretty effects O.O

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

The scaling is really low and the base isn’t that high. If by decent power damage, you mean it does power damage, then you’re correct. But it’s nowhere near enough to justify running it on a power build atm. You can check the damage on your power builds by using the chat links then compare it to other weapons.

Just a note: It has less damage output than Scepter on power builds, so… uhh… yeah…

Its a combination of its power dmg ist condi output and the mobolity this weapon has. Do i think its power scaling needs buffs? Yes. Do i thing its useless? Not quite.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Its a combination of its power dmg ist condi output and the mobolity this weapon has. Do i think its power scaling needs buffs? Yes. Do i thing its useless? Not quite.

Dealing power damage doesn’t make it decent. Nobody says Staff is a power weapon. Yet it does power damage that rivals Axe.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Wooohooooo!

My god that was… long. Shame I can only look at it in my inventory right now.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Managed to get some footage of it on asura this evening – I was late getting back from work and only managed to get in the last 20 mins of the stress test so it’s a bit rough/rushed. Also the lighting in Crystal Oasis is very intense which isn’t a good thing.

Anyway I love all the spinning trails with the asura animations.

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

Managed to get some footage of it on asura this evening – I was late getting back from work and only managed to get in the last 20 mins of the stress test so it’s a bit rough/rushed. Also the lighting in Crystal Oasis is very intense which isn’t a good thing.

Anyway I love all the spinning trails with the asura animations.

Hey, mirage might be kitten but Firebrand looks amazing and also uses Astralaria ;>

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Yeah I love the animations on Firebrand axe too.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

Yeah I love the animations on Firebrand axe too.

The aa animations are kinda lack luster (mostly basic axe animations u find everywhere). But the symbol as well as the tome skills and mantras are pretty neat.