Mirage for PvE, stats etc?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reb.3879

Reb.3879

Does anyone have any idea how good mirage will be for PvE? Open world, fractals, raids etc. Will it be better than chrono for personal damage gain?

And what stats will most likely be best in terms of mirage PvE for best personal damage gain? I’m assuming viper’s stats, but I might be wrong.

Thanks for answers in advance!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

If you replace the Chaos line with Mirage for the “Condi Mes” build from Metabattle, it has better DPS. The problem is it still suffers from basically all the same issues only making it useful for certain fights.

W/o being able to use the DPS test golem, I cant say how much more DPS it actually is, though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Delete Mesmer
Create Guardian
Unlock Firebrand
Select Quickness traits
Equip Spirit weapons

You are now a blue Mesmer with higher damage and support with no broken mechanics.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

Delete Mesmer
Create Guardian
Unlock Firebrand
Select Quickness traits
Equip Spirit weapons

You are now a blue Mesmer with higher damage and support with no broken mechanics.

Screw that, spirit weapons are too expensive.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Open world: Nothing matters, do what you want, play how you want. You’ll be able to kill things as a Minstrel Chrono if you want.

Fractals: Even in the condi meta, you’re better off being a Chrono boonbot to increase team dps.

Raids: If you REALLY want to bring a Condi Mes1, then Mirage will add bonus damage. Don’t try to use Axe in it’s current state as I’m almost certain Scepter will outperform it (particularly with no clone ambushes). Illusionary Ambush is only usable against Matthias but you need Reflect, so this cuts into your Condition Duration. You can’t use IA versus Cairn because of the red circles, which ironically is the only reason you’d want to use it. Sand through Glass can be used against Cairn, although Blink is just better at that point. Crystal Sands can be used as a dps increase but seems to be most useful against large targets like Gorseval (Condi mes not used here).

1: Not sure why you would opt for Condi Mes atm. There are two raid bosses Condi Mes is acceptable; matthias and cairn. They’re brought on Matthias for reflects and constant dps while moving (for mechanics). Power Mes and Chrono can reflect and Power Mes will do similar damage while moving (Phant DPS). Arguably, you can attack while moving away as a Condi Mes, but you won’t because then you’re backpedaling instead of doing mechanics.

For Cairn, they have safe DPS, and ranged at that. If you get marked for Shared Agony, you can safely maintain DPS from afar. You also replace Feedback slot with a defensive skill (Blink, Mantra of Concentration). As a Power Mes, if you get marked, your dps is kittened, but it’s not an RNG mark, it’s furthest non-marked target, so you can play around that.

Some things to note about traits and axe skills:
Axe 2 untargeted (no auto target) with camera facing down can hit all 3 hits on a single target on a small hitbox. It also gets caught on the ground more easily (for smaller dash). Getting caught on the ground may be due to uneven/awkward terrain in PvP lobby, YMMV.
Traited Axe causes:

• Phantasmal Seeking Axe will be spawned while casting out of combat.
  • Final auto attack to cast Phantasmal Spinning Axe. This also affects your Clones.
  • Your ambush to cast an additional Phantasmal Seeking Axe. This does not affect your Clones.
  • Your axe3 attack to spawn 1 Phantasmal Seeking Axe. Even though it causes your clones to do the dash+ confusion attack, they do not get the axe.
  • Phantasmal Spinning Axe has a Range of 90 this translates to a Radius of 90
  • Phantasmal Seeking Axe applies 1 stack of 3s Torment.
  • Phantasmal Spinning Axe applies 1 stack of 2s Torment.

Sand Shards (Dune Cloak) has a Radius of 180. This does not line up with the animation, the range is longer than your auto attack and correctly listed. OTOH, this trait will not be ran for the Sand Shards/2 Bleeding. It will be ran for 20% bonus condition duration.

Infinite Horizon + Deceptive Evasion:

• Deceptive Evasion triggers first, causing the spawned clone to ambush. (Thank you Anet for this one.)

Riddle of Sand (on paper) looks to be useless for Raids. Renewing Oasis is probably the trait of choice :/

Lastly: Sand through Glass is much more bearable if you have Swiftness. Tbh, I’d prefer if it was: “Evade backward. If an attack is evaded, SKILL2 is usable for a short time.”
SKILL2: Gain Mirage Cloak.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

a Minstrel Chrono if you want.

Do you play open world in Minstral gear?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

a Minstrel Chrono if you want.

Do you play open world in Minstral gear?

I have before they gutted Magnanimous Sharpening Stone. It was a lazy 100% BD build. The only place where I had trouble (aka it took longer than necessary) was in HoT where most events are scaled to burst builds or small groups. I didn’t die (because Minstrels), it just took a long time (Veterans took about as long as a Champ solo, Elites and Champs would just be a staring contest that nobody loses).

Right now I use either my raid setup (mixed zerk/sins/comm +minimal minstrel? for 54% without food/utility, 66.9 with + sigil of conc) or my fractal setup pure zerk/sins + sigil of conc. I wouldn’t switch back unless I’m playing with friends because I don’t want to oneshot things and they don’t play often.

?: Too lazy to switch it to commander ascended offhand weaps + 1 ring

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Delete Mesmer
Create Guardian
Unlock Firebrand
Select Quickness traits
Equip Spirit weapons

._______.

It’s true….