Mirage - gearing?

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

So, in order to prepare for expansion what gear should I focus on? Rumors said it will be a condition spec, and if so what condition gear should I be aiming for? Those trailblazers are expensive but perhaps gather the gold and get it done? Was starting to work on a budget GS power gear setup :P

And what about weapons? Will chrono and shield work together or are there other weapons I should start looking for?

Any ideas, what are you guys planning?

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Wait until August 11-13 when you can try the new elites.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

That new grieving stat looks insane – may be better than viper.

I’d wait tbh.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

pinkglow.3429

Do my daily crafting stuff, and stockpile gold and wait?=)

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

pinkglow.3429

Seems like heavy condition damage so condition gear seems the way to go, no turning back from that trailblazer I guess :P

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I’d wait tbh.

Yeah, from what I saw this might be the choice to go if you wanna maximize dmg. However, with Scourge and Spellbreaker there might also be a lot more condi mitigation around… we’ll see.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Looking at the traits there isn’t a single damage modifier in there so any damage will be from condi, barring some crazy ‘ambush’ skills on GS or Sword.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Mirage seems condi based. Here is the new meta:

Traits: Dualing, Illusion, Mirage
Weapons: Axe/Pistol & Scepter/Torch
Gear: Viper

Im calling it!

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

It’s going to be strange having zombie speed clones and no 25% movement speed (speculation).

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Back to having to bring focus everywhere yay.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

pinkglow.3429

swiftness signet?
Then you dont need to use focus

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tayna.2419

Tayna.2419

I’d wait tbh.

Could you share the details on this stat?

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’d wait tbh.

Could you share the details on this stat?

Well I exaggerated when I said insane as it simply replaces Viper’s +condi duration with ferocity (so Power, Condi Damage, precision, ferocity). It should be better if playing hybrid going for some direct damage mind wrack spikes and condi burst, so more spike damage which may be better in wvw.

In any case it looks like good gear.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

It’s going to be strange having zombie speed clones and no 25% movement speed (speculation).

Mounts…

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

Mounts…

Pvp…
Wvw…

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’m really struggling with the idea of giving up Time Marches On.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Don’t. There is not one game mode where Mirage will perform better.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

Give me your crystal ball. Now.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

http://imgur.com/a/XjK5V
plus playing the game since launch.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

It looks like it could perform better in pvp and even small scale wvw/roaming.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

My guild is feeling pretty solid about using mirage as DPS support parts of a 20-man comp

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

My guild is feeling pretty solid about using mirage as DPS support parts of a 20-man comp

Interesting – I’m struggling to think how to make the most of clones surviving long enough for the ambush mechanic, but I know you must have a solid plan in place.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Interesting – I’m struggling to think how to make the most of clones surviving long enough for the ambush mechanic, but I know you must have a solid plan in place.

For WvW stuff just ignore that clones exist. Between the weapon skills, traits, and “ambush” skills that mirage has access to, it’ll be a powerful aoe condie applying class that has good survivability and access to mechanics like boon strip and AOE stability.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

A screenshot that doesn’t the complete picture. Cool, argument from ignorance. And I’ve been playing since beta.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

For WvW stuff just ignore that clones exist. Between the weapon skills, traits, and “ambush” skills that mirage has access to, it’ll be a powerful aoe condie applying class that has good survivability and access to mechanics like boon strip and AOE stability.

Will the self ambush damage be enough? I suppose Chrono doesn’t give much on that front either, so Mirage should be better. Ambush into Axe 3 into shatter could be good if executed quickly. I dunno – I’m more of a small scale/solo player.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

A screenshot that doesn’t the complete picture. Cool, argument from ignorance. And I’ve been playing since beta.

I’ve been playing since gw 1 but who cares you can’t prove when you started.

Mirage is a stealthy class that dishes out heavy amounts of Torment and Confusion. You have the choice to be as useless as a permastealth thief in pvp and wvw unable to push the objective and cap the targets. If that doesn’t float your boat you can bring your Torment and confusion to PVE as I’m sure the raid leader would love your stealth and special pvp centric conditions for the raid bosses.

It really didn’t take long at all after the images he linked came out for people to see the the mirage can work but if you want to play seriously and get things done your gonna have to stick to Chronomancer and hope none of the new elites outshine your abilities.

Mirage is kinda like a condi Mesmer who stacks Confusion/Torment yet constantly applies slow and CCs at the same time.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I feel like Viper will likely be the best stat combo (that we have right now) unless the expansion adds something insane. For Condi anyways. Who knows what Sword/GS ambush skills will be like.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: UlvenSkyblade.9830

UlvenSkyblade.9830

For now i would say viper, but it might change depending on new stat combo’s

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Haven’t played in over a year but considering coming back for the expansion.

My old gear is a legendary staff and full Ascended gear (although it’s Beigarth’s – Power/Precision/Toughness).

The legendary staff I can easily swap the stats around, but for gear Beigarth’s doesn’t look good as Mirage seems mostly condition based. What would be the best-in-slot gear be? Should I craft new Ascended and, if so, what would be the stat combo be – Morbach’s with Condi/Vitality/Toughness?

Any help would be appreciated, can at least get myself ready for when the expansion hits.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Mounts…

Pvp…
Wvw…

gliding…

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Mounts…

Pvp…
Wvw…

gliding…

Isn’t that going to be limited to defending territories only? So no “Hawkmen, Dive!” tactics to assault enemy keeps?

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Hey Pyro – where does the boon strip that you mentioned come from?

As primarily a roamer / small scale wvw player, I’m thinking a lot about the lack of the passive run speed from Chrono.

It still seems like Trailblazers will be great gear if you need a healthy amount of defense playing Mirage.

Mirage - gearing?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Hey Pyro – where does the boon strip that you mentioned come from?

As primarily a roamer / small scale wvw player, I’m thinking a lot about the lack of the passive run speed from Chrono.

It still seems like Trailblazers will be great gear if you need a healthy amount of defense playing Mirage.

For small scale, run speed is definitely a consideration. For groups, if you don’t have swiftness something has gone terribly wrong.

In any case, the boon strip will come either domination shatters, null field, or pDisenchanter. The options will vary depending on the group comp and the flavor of build you choose to play, but it shouldn’t be hard to work at least one of them into almost any mirage setup.