Mirage - how to make a special snowflake

in Mesmer

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Random idea I’d like to see changed about mirage to make it more unique (probably someone suggested already in one form or another):

- Mirage no longer makes clones and phantasms
- Mirage makes those stupid mirrors instead
- mirrors are permanent (or give it like a 60 sec duration to prevent mirror-littering)
- mirrors can be broken/destroyed by enemies (just like illusions)
- mirrors have health (lower if spawned instead of clone, higher if spawned instead of phantasm), and max 3 mirrors can exist at one time
- you or allies can run through mirror and break mirror like now (giving evade)
- enemies running through mirror get 1-2 sec slow (but mirror persists until broken or shattered)
- mirrors can be shattered and it acts the same way kittentering illusions (this could be a bit awkward seeing as mirrors don’t move… needs brainstorming. maybe make mirrors move like Revenant’s iPad)
- balance
- ???
- profit

I don’t know. Excersing my freedom of speech.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I would normally love this idea (Mirage was one of the 2 specs that I didnt care for but reaaaaaally surprised me last weekend to the point I may change my main WvW toons), however I frigging LOVE that one that moves your clones around that target and condi them up.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I like the idea of adding more control to the mirrors. I think you could simplify your idea by making a new F5 that just shatters mirrors. Treat the mirrors more like the necro Sand Shades. Not exactly the same, but use a limit of 3 and make them provide local area effects like projectile reflection and confusion. When you shatter them you get 1 second of mirage cloak per mirror.

To clarify pressing F5 would only shatter mirrors, not clones. And pressing F1-F4 would not shatter mirrors. Think of the little squares on the scourge and Firebrand UI to indicate how many mirrors you have up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I like this. I’d also like it if you could pop up several mirrors and, for a period of 30 seconds or something, be able to pop through them as if they were portals. You wouldn’t be able to control which mirror you came out of, but it would allow you to take pot shots at your target and flee into a mirror.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

what about the ambush attacks tho?

in Mesmer

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

what about the ambush attacks tho?

Ambush attacks stay, albeit a bit buffed. GS, for example, is an insult.