Mirage is a condi spec :(

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeYYiD.2740

SeYYiD.2740

Am i the only one really disappointed because mirage is a condi spec?… I bet I am not the only one who was hoping for a power dps spec this expansion :/ I mean we already have condi play on the base mesmer… we lack a proper power spec.

But WP showed in his stream that they balanced alot of stuff ( condi reaper -> power reaper) maybe they will rework base mesmer to be a power spec?

(edited by SeYYiD.2740)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m excited! Means I don’t have to change my gear too much. Also, condi is a DPS spec. That’s the whole point.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aruneh.5630

Aruneh.5630

I had hoped for power DPS. Conditions are fine, but Confusion and Torment are terrible for PvE. I’m holding off on being too critical until I get to play with it, but I’m not optimistic.

in Mesmer

SeYYiD.2740

I’m excited! Means I don’t have to change my gear too much. Also, condi is a DPS spec. That’s the whole point.

oh sorry my bad, i meant power dps but i am happy you like mirage! i love the idea and the skills, but i wish it was more power based… well in three weeks we can test the new specs… i cant wait!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

It has a weapon that does terrible damage and 1 mediocre damage based trait, does noting to change our terrible damage on any other weapon, wheres the DPS?

in Mesmer

SeYYiD.2740

I had hoped for power DPS. Conditions are fine, but Confusion and Torment are terrible for PvE. I’m holding off on being too critical until I get to play with it, but I’m not optimistic.

Yeah… I agree that torment and confusion sucks in pve…It seems they went for a pvp themed spec for mesmer. Like the warrior spec :/

in Mesmer

SeYYiD.2740

It has a weapon that does terrible damage and 1 mediocre damage based trait, does noting to change our terrible damage on any other weapon, wheres the DPS?

I guess the dps comes from the #1 “cloaked” skills (like thief #1 in stealth). Every weapon has a new #1 “cloaked” skill, i only saw the axe and staff skill. I’d say the axe is more for pvp ( mobile and confusing )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I guess the dps comes from the #1 “cloaked” skills (like thief #1 in stealth). Every weapon has a new #1 “cloaked” skill, i only saw the axe and staff skill. I’d say the axe is more for pvp ( mobile and confusing )

Yeah but stealth can’t cap in pvp and fighting on a point would be pointless. Worse yet I’ve never played or heard of a single MMO where a high burst stealth class hasn’t been blacklisted by the community and nerfed into the ground.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

You don’t stealth though, @Doam. You artificially get access to the skills.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

SeYYiD.2740

Yeah but stealth can’t cap in pvp and fighting on a point would be pointless. Worse yet I’ve never played or heard of a single MMO where a high burst stealth class hasn’t been blacklisted by the community and nerfed into the ground.

It isnt stealth, you dodge/blurr and get the “Mirage Cloak” effect. After Dodge → new #1 skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I’m happy with any good dps spec.
I think i’d have slightly preferred a power spec but I don’t mind, i love confusion & torment anyway. I just hope they get enough condis in general so mirage does good PvE damage with those condis because if it’s gnna be mainly confusion & torment it’s not gnna be great. (unless we stack an insane amount.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I think I’ll gonna try power based Axe/Sword + GS… I mean currently I use Sword/Shield + GS, but mirage seems kinda mobile and with good evasion access and main hand Sword isn’t that offensive anyway, so for me, I guess, not much would change…
Only need to figure out how to deal with the lack of 25% movement speed… maybe the superspeed on mirage cloak can compensate a bit…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m interested to see what the GS ambush looks like – it may be quite fun, who knows.

in Mesmer

SeYYiD.2740

I think I’ll gonna try power based Axe/Sword + GS… I mean currently I use Sword/Shield + GS, but mirage seems kinda mobile and with good evasion access and main hand Sword isn’t that offensive anyway, so for me, I guess, not much would change…
Only need to figure out how to deal with the lack of 25% movement speed… maybe the superspeed on mirage cloak can compensate a bit…

I am really hoping that the ambush skill of Sword and GS is more power based. Maybe it’s a hybrid spec? c:
Yeah i’ll miss the 25% ms too, but only in PvP and WvW.
We have mounts now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Pretty disappointing spec really if you find the condi meta boring. I like playing power shatter. With mes you have to choose power or condi. There is no effective in-between like with some classes. On top of that if this new spec follows Chrono it’ll get nerfed into the ground, while they buff Warr and Guard even more. Also screw going back to traveler runes.

I don’t see anything I like about this spec at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Melkiahn.6574

Melkiahn.6574

On top of that if this new spec follows Chrono it’ll get nerfed into the ground, while they buff Warr and Guard even more.

Well, should this happen, that will be an explicit proof of hatred against mesmer. I mean, it’s not like Guard or War were already far more versatile… and now War got this spec that looks like everything a Mesmer should be.
Not mentioning the fact that Spellbreaker spec has access to daggers in both (!) hands and 4 utility skills. We’ll see, but then again, Mirage actually seems like a bitter illusion, devoid of any real PvE potential.
I really hope it could be a viable hybrid class, at least, but I won’t raise my expectations too high.

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Am i the only one really disappointed because mirage is a condi spec?… I bet I am not the only one who was hoping for a power dps spec this expansion :/ I mean we already have condi play on the base mesmer… we lack a proper power spec.

But WP showed in his stream that they balanced alot of stuff ( condi reaper -> power reaper) maybe they will rework base mesmer to be a power spec?

dont throw your hopes away for now. we get ambush skills everytime we go into mirage cloak which can be done very frequently it seems and i assume you get power based ambush-burst skills from power weapons. It has a condi melee weapon but it was the weapon that was missing from mesmer so i am not surprised.
For now i looks just bursty in general and can be used for both. All the utilities are centered arround deception and cloaking.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Pretty disappointing spec really if you find the condi meta boring. I like playing power shatter. With mes you have to choose power or condi. There is no effective in-between like with some classes. On top of that if this new spec follows Chrono it’ll get nerfed into the ground, while they buff Warr and Guard even more. Also screw going back to traveler runes.

I don’t see anything I like about this spec at all.

DH was nerfed every single patch.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

dont throw your hopes away for now. we get ambush skills everytime we go into mirage cloak which can be done very frequently it seems and i assume you get power based ambush-burst skills from power weapons. It has a condi melee weapon but it was the weapon that was missing from mesmer so i am not surprised.
For now i looks just bursty in general and can be used for both. All the utilities are centered arround deception and cloaking.

Its missing a power dps weapon, a ranged power dps weapon, a ranged condi dps weapon and from the looks of it , we still won’t get a melee condi dps weapon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

I am very happy with Mirage being condi – I Love condi on Mesmer despite Torment and Confusion being subpar in pve. I do believe that with enough skill split balance devs can make it viable in end game pve. And I do Love the theme and mechanics seems very interesting! Also all the animations <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

From what I can tell on WoodenPotatoes stream of the mirage, there’s room for power builds as well. Besides, the open beta is soon and you can test it out for yourselves.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

I really wanted a power dps spec with some intricate rotations like tempest…… there are way too many condi specs as it is not to mention we already had condi mesmer applying bleed, torment, confusion……..(the exact same condies as mirage).

in Mesmer

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I am very happy with Mirage being condi – I Love condi on Mesmer despite Torment and Confusion being subpar in pve. I do believe that with enough skill split balance devs can make it viable in end game pve. And I do Love the theme and mechanics seems very interesting! Also all the animations <3

But condition is what mesmer already offers. So we will end playing the same thing in both sPvP and PvE. This is why we wanted a viable power build. Next expansion I guess.. And for fractals and raids, if Mirage is going to be confusion and torment, it will not be played at. So chrono tank will remain the only thing viable.

Will see in the open beta. If it is a confusion and torment condition build, that will be very redundant and really bad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

But condition is what mesmer already offers. So we will end playing the same thing in both sPvP and PvE. This is why we wanted a viable power build. Next expansion I guess.. And for fractals and raids, if Mirage is going to be confusion and torment, it will not be played at. So chrono tank will remain the only thing viable.

Will see in the open beta. If it is a confusion and torment condition build, that will be very redundant and really bad.

i agree completely.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

I was really hoping for a power-based lockdown spec, but alas. Mirage looks still intriguing, although I’ve never been a fan of condi-spam.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I was really hoping for a power-based lockdown spec, but alas. Mirage looks still intriguing, although I’ve never been a fan of condi-spam.

Make a Spellbreaker.

Actually that’s what I’m doing – going to make a Warrior alt for it. Always been a one character only mind of player, never had any serious alts, but I really want to play Spellbreaker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Make a Spellbreaker.

Actually that’s what I’m doing – going to make a Warrior alt for it. Always been a one character only mind of player, never had any serious alts, but I really want to play Spellbreaker.

I know I know, I thought about it. But leaving the Mesmer behind just makes me feel dirty. It’s the only class I’ve really played and I just can’t see myself playing anything else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Make a Spellbreaker.

I’ve seriously been considering making a Warrior clone of my Mesmer, so that I can get that Lockdown Mesmer feel, with the “same character”.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Make a Spellbreaker.

I know I know, I thought about it. But leaving the Mesmer behind just makes me feel dirty. It’s the only class I’ve really played and I just can’t see myself playing anything else.

I know what you mean – I can’t believe that I want to make a Warrior when I’ve only had one character aside from throwaway pvp alts for the purpose of testing and learning. It’s weird to want to play another “serious” character than mesmer, but Spellbreaker looks too good to restrict oneself to mesmer for.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Id prefer it if mirage focushed one bleedings with minor confusion rather than torment confusion. At least that way you can have competitive dps in static bosses while you focus on bleeds and then competitive dps in mobile and fast attacking bosses while you focus onmtorment confusion.