Mirage testing videos (wvw)

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

It always helps me to see fights. So I’m recording some of my Mirage testing, and I would love to see video from others.

Intro (explain the build and the concept):
https://youtu.be/af7R-JFVOE0

Taking a camp:
https://youtu.be/lBDDMvDsZIA

Versus a holosmith (with adds on his side):
https://youtu.be/i68F9CVwLXQ

My observations so far:
- I’m so used to my chrono build that it’s hard for me to unlearn (my testing has lots of mistakes – these are the “good” fights)
- Condi clearing is tough. I could use the mantra, but then I wouldn’t be able to strip resistance. If phantasms could do ambush attacks, I would use disenchanter.
- Open world running is a pain. I miss the passive run speed. My suggestion is to buff Speed of Sand grand master minor

Very preliminary conclusion:
- While it’s fun to try something new, it’s hard to imagine choosing this over Chrono for wvw roaming. Right now, winning most fights against other players seems to come down to using Arcane Thievery really well (which is tough)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

Mirage feels worse than Chronomancer in WvW. Even more troubling is that it looks worse on paper as it has basically no group utility. The damage output is fine, but it suffers from the same problem as Necro Reaper does: if another class can output similar damage while also providing group utility, why not just use the other class?

Chrono’s damage is solidly average but the group utility is incredible. It’s also hard to give up the self-defense and utility that the shield provides to a class that is very glassy.

Furthermore, the mirage mirrors are clunky to use, especially in dynamic situations.

The spec has some tricks, but the area effects on the ground and the multi-target attacks from both mobs and players don’t really care about your tricks.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Is anybody else recording any video?

It’s hard for me to kitten some of the feedback because I can’t see what people are actually trying. Would love to see if there are better ideas that I’m just missing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Haven’t had a chance to go into wvw yet – might have a go tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for sharing your videos though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I honestly hated everything about how it played when testing it. Really glad i don’t main a mez. Core and Chrono felt much better overall. Most of the skills on the axe as well as the new utilities are just, meh.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Core and Chrono is now useless vs. a deadeye. They will always know which you is really you.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elessaria.9142

Elessaria.9142

Thanks for the videos; your build works much better than anything I’ve tried. The bummer is that you are playing an elite spec without using the heal, any utilities or the new weapon. I have the same issue with Renegade where the best option seems to be to run current condi rev with a better trait line…

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Sorry for the slow response. Thx to those that replied back.

I haven’t seen really any other video posted.

I don’t feel horrible about not using the heal or the utilities in Mirage because I don’t use any of those wells in my Chrono build. But not using the weapon and really only getting a little bit of advantage from the traits makes Mirage feel a lot less rewarding (especially when giving up what you get from Chrono).

Anyway, thx for the feedback!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

I have some footage from this past weekend, I enjoyed mirage it seems more focused on phantasms / clones as opposed to shatter ( Chronomancer ). I usually play a hybrid phantasm build with regular ol mesmer and it’s nice to have an option to play around with. I was running dueling / chaos / mirage, weapons are scepter / pistol, axe / torch. I still need to do some testing with it on my main to see if it’s a viable replacement for my particular playstyle. Let me know what you guys think, feel free to ask questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5XDQKW_CXs

[Evil] Blood Bath Nbeyond – 80 Warrior
[Evil] Nazarus Soulswag – 80 Mesmer
Devona’s Rest – Previously HoD / Anvil Rock

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Chrono’s damage is solidly average but the group utility is incredible.

PvE Response here, but:
Barely. It took them the PoF balance patch to get Chrono there, and even then you’re better off running base Mes for that.

Condi Mes has been the low end of the damage spectrum with Power being the “you don’t want to be this bad”-tier.

Currently, Power Mes is actually competitive but not useful whereas Condi Mes will still be taken for those niche fights (even though Power is better, but not meta).