Mistrut

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Hello, I created this topic to know what you think about this trait grandmaster? Is it feasible to be a grandmaster trait?

I think need a little help, compared with the trait grandmaster of warrior “Distracting Strike”, it inflict x4 Confusion, but in a alone enemy.

Moreover, the trait of thief “Pressure Striking” inflict x3 torment in alone a enemy.

With the Mesmer, this trait grandmaster, inflict x2 confusion in area. Do not you think that is a little loose for a trait grandmaster?

One suggestion might be:

Mistrut

Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion and torment in an area around them. (x2 Confusion and 1x Torment) (8s)

or

Mistrut

Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion in an area around them. (x3 Confusion) (8s)

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Personally i’d rather see it do flat damage around the target. Confusion still just doesn’t carry the weight that it used to.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I think this trait is fine as a grandmaster trait when it comes to the amount of confusion.

Its a trait where if u build around it it can do insane amounts of confusion.
Mesmers have multiple ways to interrupt multiple foes, GS 5, Pistol 5, Staff 5. When traited with Master of Fragmentation F3 can interrupt multiple foes as well.

There’s a few reasons why its never really used though. It’s not the amount of confusion thatt makes it unused, but it’s the placement of the trait & the way the confusion is applied.
Maybe Anet could make it so its actually usable in some situations.

1) It’s in the same tier as Deceptive Evasion. Which is hard/impossible to give up on in a lot of mesmer builds.

2) People need to be packed for that so its only useful in PvP Teamfights, Small scale group roaming & zerging.

And in all these situations there’s usually either: enough stability to prevent interrupts. OR enough condi cleanse to get rid of the confusion easily.

I really like the idea behind this trait. It would be great for condi mesmers to be able to do a nice amount of confusion to a lot of people at once.

Also, Imagine a Chronomancer with this trait. Using the elite… :x I don’t even want to imagine.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I would love a complete overhaul of this trait as a “condition interrupt”-defining trait. Confusion and torment are our main conditions but they only work well if the enemy is moving or attacking which daze/stun prevents. So I would love:
“all daze duration decreased to 1/4s, dazed enemies are blinded, interrupted enemies get massive confusion/torment stacks”.
You would keep the interruption procs but would not prevent enemies from attacking to proc the confusion. You get blinds in order to keep some defensive aspect of the now lost daze. And since you weakened your daze, you get a nicer reward when they actually interrupt (high risk high reward).

For the GM placement, I’m perfectly fine. Most interrupts traits compete with shatter traits. Just make sure that any condi-interrupt build want to take it (and make sure condi interrupt is viable).

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Mistrust- Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict Confusion in an area around them. You have a 33% chance on critical to inflict Confusion (just you, not illusions).

That would make the trait an actual option for me.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

orrr just give us Confusing Combatants, like they intended to.

To be honest. All i’d like to see is for mesmers to be able to run a build that does aoe confusion in PvP & WvW.

I fee like that was the goal of this trait, aoe confusion. But the way its applied makes this problematic.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

This is a confusion on interrupts, so I believe the goal is not AOE confusion as such but rather being the condi version of “power block”, hence my suggestion above. For AOE confusion, we have shatters!

Mistrut

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

If it wouldn’t be meant for aoe it wouldn’t have the aoe effect.
But yeah i can see it also being the condi power block.

Shatters are our aoe everything to be honest. I just don’t think our aoe confusion application is consistent enough in big groups.

EIther way, that wasn’t the issue. The problem is that no one is really using this trait. (and I partially blame Deceptive Evasion for that)

Honestly I can’t think of a way where this trait would be used a lot. (unless something huge happens to stability & condi cleanses to make them less available & the meta changes to a condi meta.)

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

We already have a condi version of “power block”. Chaotic Interruption. How about this; Mistrust: “Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion and daze in an area around them”. The duration would obviously be very short, maybe 1/4s, basically just to aoe interrupt. Would’ve made it worth taking over DE in interrupt builds for me.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

We already have a condi version of “power block”. Chaotic Interruption. How about this; Mistrust: “Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion and daze in an area around them”. The duration would obviously be very short, maybe 1/4s, basically just to aoe interrupt. Would’ve made it worth taking over DE in interrupt builds for me.

Very good idea, I had not think this idea, with that, a similar effect synergy, create panic elite skill of mesmer Guild Wars 1, provided that daze in area, interrupt off the other enemies, and causing other effect activating of mistrust, similar a panic elite skill.

Mistrust

Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion (x2 Confusion) (8s) and daze (1/4s) in an area around them.

(edited by Angel de Lyssa.4716)

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

We already have a condi version of “power block”. Chaotic Interruption.

Disagree. CI does not apply any damaging conditions. Its whole purpose is to lock a target down to set up for a shatter burst. It just happens to be overshadowed in that role by Confounding Suggestions now.

How about this; Mistrust: “Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion and daze in an area around them”. The duration would obviously be very short, maybe 1/4s, basically just to aoe interrupt. Would’ve made it worth taking over DE in interrupt builds for me.

Great, give us more ways to proc Confounding Suggestions to fuel the PvP QQ and bring down more nerfs on unrelated features. Maybe they’d revert Illusionary Persona this time.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Mistrut

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

I think this trait does need a certain buff. But not in a way where it would benifit the already strong power shatter builds to make them more op.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I think it was made AOE in the first place to compensate for what I’ve been mentioning before: if you daze a target, you prevent confusion procs! So instead of wasting part of the confusion on that enemy, they went for AOE confusion.
AOE confusion is nice since we can’t have that really with weapons (scepter is “mostly” a single-target weapon). But I would still love my idea of reducing the daze duration and buffing the confusion on interrupts as I described above (it’s a “dueling” trait, AOE confusion seems out-of-place).

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Mistrust- Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict Confusion in an area around them. You have a 33% chance on critical to inflict Confusion (just you, not illusions).

That would make the trait an actual option for me.

This. Confusing Combatants could easily be incopororated in Mistrust.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I do think they removed confusing combattants because it didn’t fit with their idea of confusion as “bursty”. That’s also why they removed it from the scepter AA long time ago.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Great, give us more ways to proc Confounding Suggestions to fuel the PvP QQ and bring down more nerfs on unrelated features. Maybe they’d revert Illusionary Persona this time.

Confounding Suggestions has a 5 seconds cooldown. So only one person will be stunned. Most likely, the one you interrupted in the first place.

If I knew for certain that Anet has the technical capability of aoe interrupting, I would take out the aoe daze part. I’m pitching ideas that work within the system that we have right now.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

(edited by Ithamir.5928)

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I do think they removed confusing combattants because it didn’t fit with their idea of confusion as “bursty”. That’s also why they removed it from the scepter AA long time ago.

Exact, i think they should add confusion in AA 3-scepter, and put some trait as confused fighters in the trait grandmaster Mintrust.

Mistrut

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Yeap, im all for Mistrust and Confusing Combatants merged together xD