Moa Nerf

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maul.3284

Maul.3284

I don’t usually come on here or post on here but this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Moa needs to be nerfed it’s OP. Either give the victim a buff like immune to Stun/imbolize/slow etc or reduce the time to 2-4 seconds like every other stun/immobilize in the game. A buff to dmg while in moa state would give the victim a fighting chance because otherwise it’s GG when there’s more than 1 person attacking.

Moa > Stun > gg

How this has gone on for so long is beyond me. This is the most ridiculous ability in the game right now and needs to be removed or addressed ASAP.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I don’t usually come on here or post on here but this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Moa needs to be nerfed it’s OP. Either give the victim a buff like immune to Stun/imbolize/slow etc or reduce the time to 2-4 seconds like every other stun/immobilize in the game. A buff to dmg while in moa state would give the victim a fighting chance because otherwise it’s GG when there’s more than 1 person attacking.

Moa > Stun > gg

How this has gone on for so long is beyond me. This is the most ridiculous ability in the game right now and needs to be removed or addressed ASAP.

At least look through one of the 12 other ‘ermagerd nerf moa guyzzzzzz’ threads before posting a new one…

Requesting deletion, quit making new threads for this topic please.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

…then why this ulti hardly ever used by mesmers? =)

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Maul.3284

I looked for a thread and didn’t find one that was recent. So no this doesn’t need to be deleted it needs to be addressed by devs ASAP. Sorry it’s your fav skill to use but hopefully one of Anet’s devs sees this BS thread so they can do something about it.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Maul.3284

@garr. I’m in T1 and it gets used quite a bit in WvW and in PVP. Not sure what server you’re on.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Moa has been nerfed long time ago. ^^

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Maul.3284

If it’s hardly ever used I guess people won’t miss it being removed from the game.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

If it’s hardly ever used I guess people won’t miss it being removed from the game.

That would be indeed a great idea!
I would love to have a useful elite skill as a mesmer. :-)

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@garr. I’m in T1 and it gets used quite a bit in WvW and in PVP. Not sure what server you’re on.

LOL.

You really think people use moa in wvw? In T1?

‘guyzzz, I moaed one of the 60man zerg over there.’

’i’m helppinnggggg’

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

LOL.

’i’m helppinnggggg’

Pretty much!!!! Seriously. I have been moa’d several times… In the times that I have been. I think it has directly contributed to my death………. ummm…. yeah. I don’t think it was ever the reason i got killed. I have been moa’d right when i downed the person moaing me. You know what my complaint was then? “WHY DOESN”T MOA HAVE A /DANCE EMOTE?!" seriously. This skill is not worth the cd. And i have faced many mesmers that use it. All i think when they use it is “Wow. well you just screwed yourself”

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

No problem,
Take away Moa Morph and give me Panic back from GW1.

Dragonbrand

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

No problem,

Or pyro’s idea of an elite phantasm! Or a pair of elite phantasms.
Why aren’t we getting what was advertised like this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knyr6Ikk4Fo

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

No problem,

<3 I would really love that! <3

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mess Mash.7098

Mess Mash.7098

^ genius I want panick instead of moa

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

I fully support removing Moa Morph for an actually decent elite. And btw, you shouldn’t make things up- I’m on DB, in a T1 match up, and have yet to see Moa Morph used once by either enemies or allies.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Moa Morph is so ridiculously easy to dodge or evade. If I even actually use it in PvP i have to immobilize or knock down before I use it to even have a chance of the enemy not having a chance to avoid it.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Lol, moa is a fail skill if your even a decent player it never will work on you (too easy to counter) I’m all for a real elite . To the OP learn how to play and you’ll be laughing.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

No problem,

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Yawn, another nerf thread, how refreshing, and wait its about something that gets whined about constantly by people who can’t play. Next…

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

If only they gave you a ride the lightning like skill while in Moa Form so you could get away…

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Garr.1823

U can be in any server, but looks like u are newbie in GW2 =)

And yes, almost all mesmers will agree that Moa will be removed and switched to some mass pvp skill or phantasm or even powerfull mantra.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

LOL.

’i’m helppinnggggg’

I carry Moa to use it exclusively on downed players.

It doesn’t even stop you from using downed skills.

I just take solace in the fact that somewhere, someone is staring bankly at their monitor asking why.

25/90 never forget.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Maul.3284

And yes, almost all mesmers will agree that Moa will be removed and switched to some mass pvp skill or phantasm or even powerfull mantra.

I definitely not a noob. I’m been playing GW2 on SOR server since release. I roam quite a bit picking off the tail end of zergs and engaging numbers greater than our size. I also PVP quite a bit. Yes MOA gets used on us alot. I guess when you can’t beat someone fairly you resort to moa.

Those of you saying that MOA hasn’t resulted in your death you obviously never play GW2.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I definitely not a noob. I’m been playing GW2 on SOR server since release. I roam quite a bit picking off the tail end of zergs and engaging numbers greater than our size. I also PVP quite a bit. Yes MOA gets used on us alot. I guess when you can’t beat someone fairly you resort to moa.

Those of you saying that MOA hasn’t resulted in your death you obviously never play GW2.

Length of play time doesn’t equate to skill.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Garr.1823

Yes MOA gets used on us alot. I guess when you can’t beat someone fairly you resort to moa.

Moa can give a advantage on 1 vs 1. In ALL other cases it is useless.
That is why almost no1 use it – 1 v 1 – u can kill almost anyone if u are not crudehanded (still i have problems with D/D eles and some thiefs), and in group fight or mass pvp – mass skill will give u and your team much more.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Moa is useless nowadays. It used to be good for evening odds in a fight, but then the Moa form got buffs and suddenly being a Moa was OP. Moa’s were nerfed sometime later but still, there’s very little advantage to turning someone into a Moa.

That said there is one excellent use for it. Mesmer targets Commander in enemy zerg. Mesmer turnd enemy Commander into Moa. Mesmer, or Mesmers Commander calls for all to target the Moa. Moa goes down to 60 men suddenly targeting his kitten . And you know what they say, cut the head off the beast….

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Moa is useless nowadays. It used to be good for evening odds in a fight, but then the Moa form got buffs and suddenly being a Moa was OP. Moa’s were nerfed sometime later but still, there’s very little advantage to turning someone into a Moa.

That said there is one excellent use for it. Mesmer targets Commander in enemy zerg. Mesmer turnd enemy Commander into Moa. Mesmer, or Mesmers Commander calls for all to target the Moa. Moa goes down to 60 men suddenly targeting his kitten . And you know what they say, cut the head off the beast….

Or, you know, just target the commander normally without wasting your elite slot.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Or, you know, just target the commander normally without wasting your elite slot.

I’m with Pyro on this one. It’s good for the lols but Timewarp and Mas Invis are more useful.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Time warp and mass invis have amazing group utility. Moa is just a joke. It needs removed and replaced with something useful. And also currently timewarp has no real place in tourney play thanks to the quickness neutering.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Garr.1823

Oh, some time ago, when there was tons of thiefs in WvWvW – Moa was nice as a counter of Dagger Storm, cause Moa is the only thing that don’t care about stability. But … Moa care about Aegis, so still useless.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

You know, actually I’m all for making it shorter.

3s Moa on a 20-30s CD. Because, if we reduce the duration, we need also reduce the CD. Probably to 20s, this is an elite ability after all.

Time warp and mass invis have amazing group utility. Moa is just a joke. It needs removed and replaced with something useful.

I agree. The whining about it is funny in a way, because the elite is so… rubbish. It’s good to annoy single targets so they complain on the forums, but that’s all it does. There’s never a reason to use it over MI or TW unless you’re specifically out to annoy someone.

I guess when you can’t beat someone fairly you resort to moa.

Oh, Moa results in a death. Just not in a loss. That’s why it’s so useless compared to Time Warp and Mass Invisibility. Those two can win you the fight / day / tower / engagement. Moa locks down a target, by extension making you able to win a 1v1.
A completely pointless engagement which anyone employing tactical or strategical approaches to combat should never ever let happen.

So yes, if you want to duel, Moa is overpowered.
If you want to win, it’s underpowered and frankly just needs to be removed and replaced with something useful.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

Easily dodge-able/block-able skill that has a 3min cool down and pretty much only works in 1v1 situations and even then, the player being moa’d still can just run away… hardly OP. I’ve been moa’d before while on my mes, laughed it off and carried on attacking the other mes, didn’t change the fight much.

Seen it used often in PVP from a stealth opener on a guardian defending a point, works really well there… but anywhere else its a pointless skill.

Definitely on board for the Elite Phantasm stuff! Giant glowing pink butterfly of doom, helloooo!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

As a Mesmer, every time I get MOA’d myself by another Mesmer I’m like ‘oh fun! This is what those buttons do?’ Push 5 then wait for MOA to end before killing the Mesmer.

In other news, no one uses MOA.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Two possibilities here:

1) Successful troll.

2) Terrible player who also lies about how often he sees Moa.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Moa is ok for WvW and pretty strong in s/tPvP.

It definitely isn’t a useless skill like some people may think. In fact, it’s still one of the good elite skills in the game (like all mesmer elites) if you compare it to other professions.

Imo the skill shouldn’t be nerfed. Instead Anet should buff other elites so they are finally worth the elite slot. Elite skills are supposed to change a fight but some of them are worse than utility skills.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I haven’t slotted Moa in forever… mass invis and time warp are far superior (even solo).

OP should be smarter about picking fights — next time pick a skill that’s actually over powered like portal.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I havent used Moa in a while but its nice in some admittely uncommon/rare situations.

However, Maul’s suggestion of replacing it with a stronger PVP skill thats useful in more situations and not just fringe cases is a good one.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Moa is ok for WvW

For what? Taking one guy out before the other fifty stomp you? Hardly helpful compared to the other elites.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Blackhat.4016

Moa is ok for WvW

For what? Taking one guy out before the other fifty stomp you? Hardly helpful compared to the other elites.

Roaming and small zerg fights for example. The bigger the fight the less impact Moa has compared to the other mesmer elites for obvious reasons. It’s still a good skill though.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Moa is ok for WvW

Roaming and small zerg fights for example. The bigger the fight the less impact Moa has compared to the other mesmer elites for obvious reasons. It’s still a good skill though.

I’ve never died while being a Moa. I’ve also never managed to kill anybody while he was a Moa. Not in 1vs1 and also not in group-fights. Guess why almost nobody is using this skill. It’s completely useless, unless you fight xvs1 (in which case the target probably would die anyway). That’s why I was thinking an apathic-sounding “lol” when I saw that there’s another thread crying for a Moa-nerf. Seriously. This skill is already completely useless. If you die to it, you’re either outnumbered or just bad.

Can’t even use it for Moa-racing. xD

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Blackhat.4016

Moa is ok for WvW

I’ve never died while being a Moa. I’ve also never managed to kill anybody while he was a Moa. Not in 1vs1 and also not in group-fights. Guess why almost nobody is using this skill. It’s completely useless, unless you fight xvs1 (in which case the target probably would die anyway). That’s why I was thinking an apathic-sounding “lol” when I saw that there’s another thread crying for a Moa-nerf. Seriously. This skill is already completely useless. If you die to it, you’re either outnumbered or just bad.

Can’t even use it for Moa-racing. xD

Well, I am not sure how you never died while being a moa or killed an opponent using the skill. I’m by far not a pro mesmer and manage to kill a lot of players by using the skill in the right situation. Especially in small fights moa is really strong. It basically turns a 2v2 in a 2v1.5 for 10 seconds which is a pretty long time considering a lot of fights can be over after a few seconds.

In the end it’s personal preference. I like Moa for small fights and Mass Invisibility or Time Warp for bigger fights depending on the situation. Imo they are all good skills especially if you compare them to some elite skills other professions have.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I could see reducing the duration of the skill, but that duration reduction should come with a loss of “moa skills”.

If you think Moa makes you helpless, then let’s change the skill so you are truly helpless. Change the duration to five seconds. If it’s also an immobilize, then maybe 4s.

If I wan’t an insta-win button, it certainly isn’t moa. Especially when the foe can just turn tail and run away.

But meh… if you don’t agree, you don’t agree.

I’d prefer players whine about Moa to draw attention away from other skills.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

As a Mesmer, every time I get MOA’d myself by another Mesmer I’m like ‘oh fun! This is what those buttons do?’ Push 5 then wait for MOA to end before killing the Mesmer.

Pretty much spot on as any Mesmer I have fought using moa in WvW is a noob.

Once I got moa’d twice in a row fighting a group of 4 that had 2 mesmers in it. That’s the only time I have ever died by Moa.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I like to use moa morph on random mobs when in dungeons for giggles and laughs. Other than that I’m not sure the use of it?

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

hmm i have over 500 hours pvp on my mesmer and i can tell you, MOA sucks, why would anyone use it over timewarp in a 1v1 situation? it has the same cooldown xD i stick with mass invisibility as like yourself i go against zergs tailing them i need the target breaker, personally ive been hit with MOA transform and i lol, is it really that hard to hit 5? it evades and runs at the same time?!?!? besides its so obvious when its about to be used, ive gone against a mesmer and rolled it as its easier to look out for the animations, like others said, it seems you just need to l2p,
perhaps you can roll a mesmer and youll realise its not OP xD
if you consider yourself good then you should of rolled one of each class to learn them inside out

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Maul.3284

hmm i have over 500 hours pvp on my mesmer and i can tell you, MOA sucks, why would anyone use it over timewarp in a 1v1 situation? it has the same cooldown xD i stick with mass invisibility as like yourself i go against zergs tailing them i need the target breaker, personally ive been hit with MOA transform and i lol, is it really that hard to hit 5? it evades and runs at the same time?!?!? besides its so obvious when its about to be used, ive gone against a mesmer and rolled it as its easier to look out for the animations, like others said, it seems you just need to l2p,
if you consider yourself good then you should of rolled one of each class to learn them inside out

Cool story. I’m not speaking about other elites here I’m specifically talking about MOA.

Regardless of what all you pro-moa clowns are saying this thread is addressed to the devs – any skill that removes all abilities (even utilities) for the victim renders the toon a sitting duck for 10 seconds. The 5 ability has also been nerfed.. Since you guys are so focused on balancing the game in the next patch why dont you give thieves ballisk venom a 10 second buff and remove the ability to use a stun break because pretty much that has the same effect as a MOA. While you’re at it give eles the ability to turn people into a block of ice that removes all their abilities. for 10 seconds.

Just throwing out ridiculous abilities that don’t belong in the game so you can see how ridiculous this ability is.

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Cool story. I’m not speaking about other elites here I’m specifically talking about MOA.

Regardless of what all you pro-moa clowns are saying this thread is addressed to the devs – any skill that removes all abilities (even utilities) for the victim renders the toon a sitting duck for 10 seconds. The 5 ability has also been nerfed.. Since you guys are so focused on balancing the game in the next patch why dont you give thieves ballisk venom a 10 second buff and remove the ability to use a stun break because pretty much that has the same effect as a MOA. While you’re at it give eles the ability to turn people into a block of ice that removes all their abilities. for 10 seconds.

Just throwing out ridiculous abilities that don’t belong in the game so you can see how ridiculous this ability is.

While i hate moa (seriously never use it never found it useful never going to use it.) In 1v1 situations unless you are also super GC like the mesmer that is shattering you a moa won’t kill you. If you are getting focused in a team fight and mesmer moa’d you then him and 2 buddies burned you down. Well chances are you would have only survived a little bit longer. And honestly if this new patch is true I foresee a lot of mesmers dropping MOA and picking up mass invis if they don’t already. You know just saying.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Moa Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

/facepalm

Every other Elite is far more useful than Moa, because Moa is useless. Your argument is invalid.

To say it using your words: Regardless of what ridiculous things you anti-moa clown say. Moa will still be useless. Also, your suggestions are hilarious. While you’re a Moa, you can still move. You even get a skill that lets you run away. While you’re under the effects of basilisk venom (without being able to stunbreak it), or while you would be an ice block, you can not move an inch. You can do NOTHING. While you’re a Moa, you can freely run around and you even get a skill that lets you run away faster.