Moa isn't manipulation?

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nelzack.7205

nelzack.7205

Hello everyone!

I would like to know why this is this way:
«Polymorph Moa: This skill has been renamed to “Signet of Humility” and is now classified as a signet skill. Its passive effect reduces the duration of stun, daze, fear and taunt by 20%. Its active effect remains unchanged.»
and this:
«Mass Invisibility: This skill is now classified as a Manipulation.»
What are your thoughts?

I think that would be more themed if “Polymorph Moa” was a Manipulationskill and “Mass Invisibility” a Glamour skill. Why its not this way developers?

Have fun,
n
Gandara

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tertle.4621

tertle.4621

Because time warp is our glamour elite, and the way the new spell system works they want/need an even distribution of spells in categories

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

nelzack.7205

But moa being a signet?.. (gets me confused xD)
Do you think there will be more builds around signets? Just because of the Elite?

Have fun,
n
Gandara

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Polymorph Moa is currently a transformation skill type.
After the balance update it will be Polymorph Moa no more but becoming another skill, a signet.
Time Warp = glamour
Mass invisibility being a manipulation makes perfect sense to me… its not “glamour” themed (doesnt leave the bubble/field like all other glamours), not a mantra, not a clone/phantasm and definitely not a signet. There is no more options..
I agree if i had to pick a skill type to current polymorph moa inside mesmer skill types i would pick manipulation.. but then i read “Transform” and makes much more sense.
I just cant agree/ refuse to see mass invis as a glamour… makes no sense to me.
Now just remember it wont be moa like now.

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Polymorph Moa is currently a transformation skill type.
After the balance update it will be Polymorph Moa no more but becoming another skill, a signet.
Time Warp = glamour
Mass invisibility being a manipulation makes perfect sense to me… its not “glamour” themed (doesnt leave the bubble/field like all other glamours), not a mantra, not a clone/phantasm and definitely not a signet. There is no more options..
I agree if i had to pick a skill type to current polymorph moa inside mesmer skill types i would pick manipulation.. but then i read “Transform” and makes much more sense.
I just cant agree/ refuse to see mass invis as a glamour… makes no sense to me.
Now just remember it wont be moa like now.

I always thought of glamours as “field effects which do something unique/special”. Mass Invis doesn’t place a field, so manipulation makes sense to me. You’re forcing invisibility and manipulating your allies rather than placing a field down which causes an effect.

That will be the story I tell myself when I think about it.

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Signets are simply magical inscriptions on a ring of sorts. It doesn’t seem too far-fetched to me that a magically enhanced stone could also cause manipulations in physics. Our other signets do similar things. Stunning, blinding, transferring etc all while having positive passive effects.

Specifically, the passive effect decreasing control effects makes sense for the name Signet of Humiliation (conversely: Pride for the passive).

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

But moa being a signet?.. (gets me confused xD)
Do you think there will be more builds around signets? Just because of the Elite?

“Because time warp is our glamour elite, and the way the new spell system works they want/need an even distribution of spells in categories”-Tertle

He had the right answer he just wrote it a little wrong.

In the “skill/trait” system things are unlocked with hero points. All skills should now have types (except for ones that are unlocked at the start of the game, who might, but don’t have to).

You are going to spend these points to unlock skills in certain tracks. The skill time warp will likely be the last skill you can unlock from glamours. The skill mass invis is the last manipulation you can unlock from the manipulations track. The skill signet of humility (moa) is the last signet you can unlock from the signet track.

The typing is balanced around this.

Remember the 1 skill in the track is the first one you unlock when you put points into it. If you put more skills into a skill track, it takes longer to unlock the last skill in the track. No one wants to have to purchase moa before they can purchase mass invisibility.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

nelzack.7205

Thank you all for the new perspectives
Makes more sense now

Have fun,
n
Gandara

Moa isn't manipulation?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

In the “skill/trait” system things are unlocked with hero points. All skills should now have types (except for ones that are unlocked at the start of the game, who might, but don’t have to).

You are going to spend these points to unlock skills in certain tracks. The skill time warp will likely be the last skill you can unlock from glamours. The skill mass invis is the last manipulation you can unlock from the manipulations track. The skill signet of humility (moa) is the last signet you can unlock from the signet track.

The typing is balanced around this.

Remember the 1 skill in the track is the first one you unlock when you put points into it. If you put more skills into a skill track, it takes longer to unlock the last skill in the track. No one wants to have to purchase moa before they can purchase mass invisibility.

How will this affect existing level 80 players? Will we have enough Hero points to unlock our build, or will we need to PvE to gain them? Also if you respec, will you get your Hero Points back? Sorry to ask this, but I haven’t seen a clear explanation of what happens to existing players with already leveled toons.

I also think Moa fits Signet simply because Anet doesn’t want to make it too easy to get a 36s reduction on Moa. It’s a powerful ability that is very hated by enemies, and thus you’ll have to invest in the Signet trait to lower it’s CD.

That said, yes I believe we’ll see some Signet builds. (I just posted a first try at one, although far from finished/optimal I’m sure.)