Mostly support mesmer in T4 fractals viable?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bread Bad.4915

Bread Bad.4915

Hello, so with boon thieves gone I was wondering if using commander gear to buff allies in T4 fractals is worth doing? Or is the dps loss too massive for it to be worth doing?

Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I don’t like playing mesmer in current T4 fractals.
In those harder fights, players tend to scatter and run around. It is very hard to give out consistent buffs to them as a mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

I play t4 fractals every day, and in the time I’ve spent playing I’ve seen Mesmer maybe 4 or 5 times in the high tiers. In high tiers it isn’t more about dps, it’s about trying to stay alive with all the bullcrap oneshot instabilities that happen every couple seconds. With the upscaled enemies mesmer is also pushed off to the side since it cannot kill things fast enough and it cannot tank them either.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I tend to disagree. Mesmer has a nice tool box for high level fractals, especially for those where reflects are useful (underground, uncategorised and chaos spontaneously come to my mind). Some wells and null field also offer great utility. At least in groups that aren’t fully optimised and organised, I’ve often had the impression that runs are more smooth with a mesmer than without.

With regard to commander gear however, I’m a bit more sceptical. If you already have it, I guess you can simply try/use it, since mesmer dps isn’t great anyway. But be aware that there’s quite a bunch of cases where you won’t be able to give out any meaningful buffs because your group is all over the place.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I tend to disagree. Mesmer has a nice tool box for high level fractals, especially for those where reflects are useful (underground, uncategorised and chaos spontaneously come to my mind). Some wells and null field also offer great utility. At least in groups that aren’t fully optimised and organised, I’ve often had the impression that runs are more smooth with a mesmer than without.

With regard to commander gear however, I’m a bit more sceptical. If you already have it, I guess you can simply try/use it, since mesmer dps isn’t great anyway. But be aware that there’s quite a bunch of cases where you won’t be able to give out any meaningful buffs because your group is all over the place.

Reflects are not needed. Other professions have plenty projectile hate.
Wells and null field are hard to use because players 9 out of 10 times don’t stack and 99 out 100 times they will leave the well before the final tick as if it were something harmful.

In PUG run, mesmer is unfortunately my least want-to-see profession. A well-played mesmer is still a nice addition but it seems majority of the mesmer players don’t know what they are doing these days. So many of them just camp Greatsword and think they are doing amazing damage. There is no focus pull, no timewarp, no alacrity/quickness and no distortion share.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Reflects are not needed. Other professions have plenty projectile hate.
Wells and null field are hard to use because players 9 out of 10 times don’t stack and 99 out 100 times they will leave the well before the final tick as if it were something harmful.

In PUG run, mesmer is unfortunately my least want-to-see profession. A well-played mesmer is still a nice addition but it seems majority of the mesmer players don’t know what they are doing these days. So many of them just camp Greatsword and think they are doing amazing damage. There is no focus pull, no timewarp, no alacrity/quickness and no distortion share.

honestly tho distortion sharing is less important now with new toxic thing . but pull , shield stun ,power block , gravity well became more useful .the sad part is usually even you as a mes doing all those important interrupt ,people wont notice only yourself know that fact if you dont interrupt all those deadly charges from ascalonian wars your team could have been wiped out or had to dodge away and kill things much slower .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i use mesmer in my t4 fractals everyday i do guild runs usually, no pugs, i give them a lot of quickness and alacrity, and i know i am not doing that much damage, but i’m providing lots of utility. commander stats or berserker i don’t think make that much of a difference anyway, just use what you feel comfortable with

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

i use mesmer in my t4 fractals everyday i do guild runs usually, no pugs, i give them a lot of quickness and alacrity, and i know i am not doing that much damage, but i’m providing lots of utility. commander stats or berserker i don’t think make that much of a difference anyway, just use what you feel comfortable with

dont forget the rise of guards since the boon thief is gone now . guard is generally more useful for less skilled group now . mes is only better than guard when group can stack properly and get quickness . or for few rare cases where distortion works but block donest .

i ran mes even when boon thief is there , and i managed to maintain quickness for many boss fights .but currently it feels like when i have so many alts , mes is not that important for t4 fractal .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

dont forget the rise of guards since the boon thief is gone now . guard is generally more useful for less skilled group now . mes is only better than guard when group can stack properly and get quickness . or for few rare cases where distortion works but block donest .

i ran mes even when boon thief is there , and i managed to maintain quickness for many boss fights .but currently it feels like when i have so many alts , mes is not that important for t4 fractal .

i know what you mean, i used mesmer even with boon thief. i guess i’m spoiled because i run fractals mostly with the same people, so whenever i call for time warp they know what to do and where to stand even if they don’t have lod effects on. also when the situation is dire, i can just get the quickness all for myself and than chase my favourite dps mate in the party for signet of inspiration and if cool down allows it, i’ll chase the second favorite dps for signt of inspiration on phantasm spawning. if they manage to be close.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride