Mtd new version [video]

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is the new build (not mine so be calm)
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R3lZ;1VPV1127wUV71;9;4TUW;0138258256;4hsGAT;1hoHAhoHA2p

instead of ineptitude you can take malicious sorcery as 10 sec cd for 1 confusion may not worth it

for tpvp mainly

basic:
stability = safe stomp and res and good control the point
protection = reduce dmg . uptime long. reduce staff skills
4-8 boons = prolong boons duration and condition duration 10-20%
good aoe control and support with chaos storm null field time warp
blind spamming
good cleanse with sigils null field and torch trait
average conditions dmg (why average ? because other can do it far better with burning stacking op)

video (is up)

short toturial for new mesmers and tpvp ranked game play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXtJHDH1yq8&feature=youtu.be
from yesterday fights so i didnt looked for great moments just load it up

(edited by messiah.1908)

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Your video is set to private. Might want to change that; so people can actually watch it. ^^

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Your video is set to private. Might want to change that; so people can actually watch it. ^^

was in upload mode

now its ready

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

bad build sorry

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I think the 10sec icd for ineptitude is for the blind not the confusion.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

bad build sorry

you dont have to be sorry

i am also feel mtd nerfed to the ground
sure i can do 15 stacks of torment in theory if my enemy has no cleanse but in real fight (not eotm goem) its gonna be 5 stacks in average

the upside of it i have 2.8k armor , best stability ever, protection vigor and regen so i can stay on point longer while doing some pressure and group support
while power shatter is mainly for high fast burst from range so very different play style

you can see me fight 1v2 power shatter on far while my conditions tick by tick pressure them till my allies came to finished the job

anet must realise that and buff back to 2 torment stacks if they want condi mesmer to be viable

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

yup before the nerf i was actually playing condi mesmer after nerf i had to go back to power shatter

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: theory.3580

theory.3580

I think the “blinds inflict confusion” and the “shatters inflict blind” skills really save condi shatter and make it good. 1 less torment is applied per illusion now, but 1 blind and 1 more confusion per illusion are applied instead.

I feel like it’s got the survivability of way, way old PU builds (before they added extra boons to water down the aegis and protection uptime) because of all the blind spam, and has pretty much the same offensive capabilities for a roamer as MtD pre-nerf, since you’re really just trading torment for confusion and blind. The torch phantasm doing burning/fury now is just icing on the cake of an already-strong build.

Decry it all you want, I’ll be in wvw inflicting 15 stacks of confusion instantly (scepter#3 + cry of frustration) and watching thieves autoattack twice and die, or die when they try to use their interrupt to stop scepter#3, lol.

Paldirac / Frajad @ Gates of Madness
Primacy @ Zuluhed (WoW, retired resto shaman)
Theory @ Azphel (Aion, retired control spiritmaster)

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I think the “blinds inflict confusion” and the “shatters inflict blind” skills really save condi shatter and make it good. 1 less torment is applied per illusion now, but 1 blind and 1 more confusion per illusion are applied instead.

I feel like it’s got the survivability of way, way old PU builds (before they added extra boons to water down the aegis and protection uptime) because of all the blind spam, and has pretty much the same offensive capabilities for a roamer as MtD pre-nerf, since you’re really just trading torment for confusion and blind. The torch phantasm doing burning/fury now is just icing on the cake of an already-strong build.

Decry it all you want, I’ll be in wvw inflicting 15 stacks of confusion instantly (scepter#3 + cry of frustration) and watching thieves autoattack twice and die, or die when they try to use their interrupt to stop scepter#3, lol.

the problem with confusion its low scale of dmg versus mtd

the blind is nice but force you to be in melee range to blind with shatter while mtd doesnt really (before patch)
the blind is nice against melee but in pvp you lose you edge in dmg bursting conditions

try to stack 15 confusion on dd ele or warrior in tpvp more than 2 sec…..

the build is very good in 1v1 in holding point even against powerblock (stability spamming and blind) but in 3v3 4v4 you dont do much dmg like other classes or builds and this is the main problem which i hope anet would have fixed but didnt

this is the reason i take null field and time warp to be more supporting and to be bit more useful in team fight

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

few whispers while fighting in the arenas

warrior – lol, you evade all my kd skills with blind and stability. i was perma blind
thief – man the confusion was 15 gg
mesmer power block – how you got so much stability
ele – noob go play pve with conditions
guard – condi wont work you noob
burning guard – wow you transfer my 8 stacks of burning
engi – gg man you manage 1v2 us and down the memser. share build

ally – thanks for the res (was in 2v4)

but sry to say in tpvp it will be hard to make this build good in high tier even if we get 2 stacks of torment … like before

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

^ Totally agree and it’s very plain from this video that the MtD nerf has killed off the Condie Shatter build as far as being a competitive means to apply AE pressure as compared to Power Shatter.

You no longer have the “tanky” advantage from Condie Shatter either, because P-Shatter can be built to have solid defense and still deliver far better and more reliable damage output then Condie Shatter.

The only time you’re doing remotely decent damage is off the block against a single target. Sad. Very sad to see. I would definitely go with Ineptitude and work the Chaos Armor angle, but I’ve tried that too and it was still very much below par.

The damage output of any current MtD build doesn’t even come close to achieving pre-patch MtD, and that’s plain sad considering it was never a very popular or powerful trait even before. Now it’s just garbage.

I guess in WvW roaming I could see someone pull off a very strong condition spec, mostly bent on 1v1 and occasionally 1v2 or so against newbs, but you really will want to focus on Confusion with probably Perplexity runes and then take MtD as an afterthought….a nice little bonus, but no longer a build-defining trait.

One of the worst balance decisions Anet has ever made against Mesmers IMO. Knee Jerk through and through, posterchild in fact, and absolutely not based on facts or reasonable amount of testing.

They could have just lowered the duration on MtD’s Torment by 50%, which effectively would have also halved the potential damage output, but it wouldn’t have lowered the actual effective damage output in a the quite typical “worst case” scenario where the enemy player quickly and frequently cleanses the Torments.

This would have retained MtD’s Condition Shatter burst capabilities, while still drastically lowering the maximum impact of MtD. This would keep MtD shatter viable as a way to deliver a quick Condition Burst even against semi-competent opponents with cleanses, and would have greatly reduced the burden on enemies with poor or no condition cleansing.

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

@Windwalker – very well said.

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

yes pretty much mtd is dead unless you dont run with condi cleanse

solution is to bring mtd to GM with 2 stacks and malicious sorcery to master.

this way mtd will compete with ineptitude

thus for 1v1 confusion and blind may be better and team fight mtd is better

you dont have to lower the duration as you saw it was cleanse frequently (and dont forget about runes and food which lower your condition duration up to 66% so from 8 sec it will be 2.3 sec thus with 4 sec it will be 1 sec (again too much nerf))

Mtd new version [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

yes pretty much mtd is dead unless you dont run with condi cleanse

solution is to bring mtd to GM with 2 stacks and malicious sorcery to master.

this way mtd will compete with ineptitude

thus for 1v1 confusion and blind may be better and team fight mtd is better

you dont have to lower the duration as you saw it was cleanse frequently (and dont forget about runes and food which lower your condition duration up to 66% so from 8 sec it will be 2.3 sec thus with 4 sec it will be 1 sec (again too much nerf))

Yeah of course if it was made to “compete” with Ineptitude then it would be fine at 2 stacks for 6 seconds, because you’d get no extra benefit of confusion stacks from Ineptitude or Blinding Dissipation.

Come to think of it I think that’s the best solution.

Move MtD to Grandmaster tier – move Scepter trait down to Master. Force a choice between Ineptitude and MtD.