Need a little Mesmer guidance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vaikenn.8371

Vaikenn.8371

Hey guys, new mesmer here and I need a direction. Im looking to.go.to.a shatter build. Im.thinking about power/precision/toughness our critical damage. Not sure what’s available, and weapon choices gs + sword + ? I need help choosing which offhand to use.

The reason for this build is for mostly wvw and grouping in wvw. But i don’t want to be solely reliant on big groups. I wanna be able to roam a little without having to beer reliant on manpower to get meer through, but i also don’t want to be useless in big zerg running and capturing kerps.

Thanks in advanced i know i was a little vague.

~BlackGate~
Lord Vizslacore {Necromancer} [RLR]
Cemblance {Mesmer} [RLR]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Shatter seems to come online at lvl 60 and to a lesser extent at lvl 40. Deceptive Evasion in the Dueling tree and Illusionary Persona in Illusions tree seem to be the the traits that really make it work well. Sword is nice as you want to be close to your target to take advantage of Illusionary Persona’s shatter and Sword2 is good damage. I was using GSword but it seems that iZerker has just been nerfed so I may switch to Staff.

Anyway the build seems to turn on after lvl 60. I’m currently nearing lvl 80 though so others may have a better perspective for ya. I found traiting for damage from Phantasms to be more effective until you hit 60.

GL
Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Mesmer

Vaikenn.8371

Ok thank you, but this is for level 80 and more of a final build. I’m looking to use gs/ sword +?. I’m just trying to figure out which off hand to use iv tried all of them and they all seem useful IMO.

And which utilities should i look for and slot worth. And which stats.

~BlackGate~
Cemblance {Mesmer} [RLR]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

For your offhand, I recommend picking up a focus. In WvW, mobility is a godsend, and we don’t have a lot of it. So, the temporal curtain is very useful. From a combat point of view, the sowrd + focus have pretty good synergy. Given the state of iLeap, the charging clone often needs a little help. Using Into the Void to pull enemies is great before popping iLeap (followed by Swap and Blurred Frenzy).

For utilities, you can use instant casts while in Blurred Frenzy. So, as you have someone immobilized, you can be slashing at them, pop Mirror Images for a total of 3 clones (if iLeap procced) and then shatter. I also keep Blink on my bar, because this rotation may have stirred up a hornets nest and you’ll have to get away. The 3rd utility varies depending on the group I’m with. If you aren’t specced for condition removal, you’ll probably want some of that. Sometimes I use Veil for the stealth, and Portal is very useful if you’re also chatting in VoIP.

I’m a fan of Rabid stats.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I was using GSword but it seems that iZerker has just been nerfed so I may switch to Staff.

I don’t think izerker was nerfed, it’s just bugged like all the other illusions in WvW atm.

To the OP, my suggestion is to carry a focus and use the Pistol as your off-hand in WvW if you’re intent on carrying a sword main-hand. Reasons being:

Torch is really only good for escaping or mitigating damage via stealth. You won’t really need this in WvW zergs as you’ll have numbers and clones which will do just fine at confusing enemies and making you a less likely target. The iMage on Torch is subpar as well, from what I’ve seen especially if you’re going for melee/power damage.

Pistol gives you a ranged option when using the sword. It gives a daze/stun to interrupt stomps on teammates and the iDuelist can deliver damage at range which will give him the best life expectancy of any other Phantasm, especially in WvW.

The Focus OH is mainly just for having a Swiftness source at hand for when you’re running across the map and you’ll be thankful for it. Pull it out, cast Temporal Curtain, equip your pistol and carry on. It can also be used to pull enemies off keep walls and for AE damage with the iWarden which is something we lack.

I personally would rather run GS+ Staff for WvW, simply because it gives great clone generation as well as AE damage and defensive/supportive abilities so they work well together even if you lack condition damage.

Hope this helps.

in Mesmer

Vaikenn.8371

Oh wow thanks a lot for the replies guys, appreciate it. As far as stats and jewels etc.. I’m thinking either berserker or knights or would the mitigation from Swords bee enough to not need toughness and go straight for berserker??

~BlackGate~
Cemblance {Mesmer} [RLR]

in Mesmer

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

It really depends on how you want to play. You mentioned being in groups for WvW – do you feel like you can just pop in, burst, and pop out? If so, toughness isn’t that big of a deal – you don’t plan on taking many hits.

However, if you’re talking about a smaller team or regular solo play, you may want to consider you defenses a bit more – including taking a staff instead of a GS for its great defensive potential. I know it’s cliche, but it’s actually quite true for us – it depends on how you plan on playing.

Personally, I’d advocate starting with as little toughness as you can and seeing how it feels. If you find yourself dying far more than you’d like, gradually change pieces until you feel comfortable with a balance between burst and stability.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

Dont lessen the value of critical damage percent multiplier, that stat is absolutely beast when you get it up there. I use food so im at 102% (152%) and mobs get cranked!

in Mesmer

Vaikenn.8371

Well my guild is WvW oriented and usually when i go on not many are on, so at that moment more of a roamer with groups here and there but later on the zergs come. Do without ding a total revamp of my traits and everything i would like to be able to transition with ease. Now i plan to mostly when I’m in groups tag the ones and twosies trying to cause chaos within a zerg but also giving my group a good edge while debuffing boon removing. But i wood also like to be able to hold my own and do done dmg if i cone across a straggler our a little skirmish.

~BlackGate~
Cemblance {Mesmer} [RLR]

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

well i rly love focus in wvw for 20/20/0/25/5 build, BUT its not for shater. to beeg CD. ur choise sword/sword for 20/20/0/0/30 build, or sword/pistol for 10/30/0/0/30 build. torsh for crapy glamour

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

(edited by drongas.4189)