Need critics on my wvw build

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Do you use this for gank squad in zerg, dual or solo roaming?

Pretty solid shatter build, great defense and offense. Though in roaming null field alone may not be enough against opponents who can constantly apply conditions. Instead of going double hydromancy you might consider double energy, with fire or air sigil on GS just to add burst power. I’m also curious about the food choice though, what do you usually use before entering combat?

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Ford is generaly good beacose +10% damage is alot also i stack speed in fight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chabo.7498

Chabo.7498

The stat balance looks decent but you need a new sigil setup. Pretty much what NICENIKESHOE suggested having either energy/bloodlust on staff with energy/air/fire on gs. For more burst (what I prefer on my shatter specs) having both fire/air on gs and only running one energy sigil on staff.

Your rune choice should also depend on the type of roaming you do. I think pack is fantastic for team setups with other roamers. Travellers are still a viable option for the movement speed although the dps loss is a bit of a problem

Roaming/Raid Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I agree with the others about Air/Fire on GS.

Looking at your build I’d suggest that you switch out all of your knights trinkets, for cavalier trinkets. This will bump you up to 2550 armor. With the Staff, you get fairly high fury uptime from your Illusionary Elasticity, which makes me think you dont need to keep your precision as high as you have it.

I’m surprised you dont take Phantasmal Fury. With your power as high as it is, and the mobility that you’re afforded by taking the staff, i think it’s a waste to not equip this trait for increased range on one utility skill, when you’re missing out on 6.5k criticals from I warlock.

Although If I were you, I would re-consider the seaweed salad. It’s nice to have swiftness, but I dont think it’s optimal for what you have posted. Were you to use sweet chilli curry soup nonsense, you could be sitting at 2500 power 2550 armor without might or stacks, and have an approx 60% chance to critical with fury.

With full guard stacks, you’ll be 24 points short of 2900 power, at 2876. With the 6 stacks of might that you get from mirror blade, you’ll just barely edge over 3k power.

yay!

I personally run Masterful Reflection instead of compounding power. it’s my Kitten ranger oh kitten button..

those are my .02