Need help, Levelling WvW solo

in Mesmer

Posted by: BambiDies.7938

BambiDies.7938

Okay so I have been playing mes for 39 levels and its been a blast, in spite of their slow levelling. At around L30, I decided to WvW the rest of the way to 80. I am having issues killing flag dudes quickly with mesmer, and avoiding pvp conflict. What build is most optimal for levelling in WvW (preferably solo) the quickest with few pvp conflicts?

I do not have friends that I play with, or a guild, so I typically level alone (groups are a non-option). I also don’t play during peak hours, so zergs are minimum. I’d like an evasive, fast moving build for my level (39-40). I have most skills so that’s not an issue – how should I align my traits, what armor + runes should I aim for, which skills should I equip, and weapons?

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks guys!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Dont level solo in WvW. Follow the Zerg and youll have a much better time

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

^ This, I don’t enter WvW till level 30 on new chars then run with the zerg, easy levelling.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I agree that following a zerg is more efficient.

If you decide to take out sentries solo, I recommend greatsword and pistol offhand. The berserker and the duelist will do a lot of damage and you can stay at range. When the sentry comes close, you can push back with the wave or use blurred frenzy or block depending on if you pick sword or scepter as the pair with pistol.

Start by casting duelist. Switch to greatsword before duelist shoots. Then cast the zerker and mirror blade from greatsword. Then use wave to push back sentry and flip back to other weapon set. Look for sentry to raise hand and shoot with magic bullet. Be ready for block/blurred frenzy.