Need some feedback on this PU setup pls!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckieFried.8294

DuckieFried.8294

Pretty good Toughness, Decent Vitality, Decent Condition Damage also. Just curious what everyone’s thoughts would be on the armor setup and traits. Thanks in advance.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAsfWnUE1UbUNG1QWbEx0DijCBOSKUtXrkCb7CB-jQDBYfDRDJEkWAi8AkKAIzENDdIjpoQVTFRjVXDT5KR6YC1GeFRrWKAYmDA-e

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Too bad condition PU is soooooo booooooring. I’d spread out the condition damage on the other stats and boost crit damage to ~75%.

With direct damage it doesnt matter if you loose a fight – its still going to be an epic fight. Basing your style around hiding in stealth while conditions tick… not so much epic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Too bad condition PU is soooooo booooooring. I’d spread out the condition damage on the other stats and boost crit damage to ~75%.

With direct damage it doesnt matter if you loose a fight – its still going to be an epic fight. Basing your style around hiding in stealth while conditions tick… not so much epic.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8alwzipHSzoGb9IipHBHFCckUoapWJF4WuB-jwCBYfCyk3A0HwEIQJPFRjtMsIas6aYKXCy6XoaYImxFRrWGg8JA-e

I run that. It is fun but if i fight another mes with enough skills, cond + power build with more vit and tough comparing to me usually loose if can’t kill him very quick. And even with all my DPS i usually can’t unless hit him from the back. While we can similarly avoid DMD he has more invis time and his cond eat me if fight goes long enough. Also my build has no clones to hide behind only phantasms. GS2 and Decoy clones you can’t compare with mirror images and Deceptive evasion.
My build is very good against almost any class in the game besides another mesmer:)

(edited by Ptolemy.5086)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Most MMOs have entire classes built around dots. It makes for a more strategic way of combat. Your total output is limited, only the delivery is in your hand. In turn, you have to buy your damage time to destroy the other person.

It’s tricky to implement right. It should need active babysitting, but not too active – after all, most of the time should be spent on defence. In this case I think the buff on PU merely went too far – maybe it was even unnecessary. I’d revert it for another WvW season, see how that works out. Maybe buff stealth a bit baseline, especially when taken in small doses (only a single ability).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

In this case I think the buff on PU merely went too far – maybe it was even unnecessary. I’d revert it for another WvW season, see how that works out. Maybe buff stealth a bit baseline, especially when taken in small doses (only a single ability).

I’d like to see them keep the buffs on PU but drop the extra second on all stealth skills. It would help limit stealth uptime, and indirectly nerf the boons also without breaking the trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Most MMOs have entire classes built around dots. It makes for a more strategic way of combat. Your total output is limited, only the delivery is in your hand. In turn, you have to buy your damage time to destroy the other person

Yes well this is GW2 WvW and whether or not most MMOs have classes built around dots wont change the fact I think condition builds are boring as kitten to play. That’s why my feedback to the OP is “dont”. But he can choose to run whatever he likes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Hmm looks interesting, but what’s your plan damage wise? You don’t have any reliable hard hitting phantasms nor do you have sceptre for that lovely torment stack. I guess you will trying to keep up 3 staff clones and then cycle back to sword/torch for a shatter?

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’d like to see them keep the buffs on PU but drop the extra second on all stealth skills. It would help limit stealth uptime, and indirectly nerf the boons also without breaking the trait.

Hrm… might be useful. I’m rather pondering how to make the trait useful without equipping 3-4 stealth skills.

Maybe if it became our elite trait instead?
Mass Invisibility grants boons (maybe even make it every X seconds but on everyone affected?), Time Warp also causes Illusion of Life and Moa Morph automatically tabs the enemy onto the forums in the class balance forum with a new topic open for raging?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont like PU trait but love the condi mesmer so i went hybird with 3k attack and 1k condi dmg as base state.
while fighting with buff i have 3.4k attack and 1.4 condi dmg so the fight is much more fun and you bit confuse your enemy of what you are

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Most MMOs have entire classes built around dots. It makes for a more strategic way of combat. Your total output is limited, only the delivery is in your hand. In turn, you have to buy your damage time to destroy the other person.

It’s tricky to implement right. It should need active babysitting, but not too active – after all, most of the time should be spent on defence. In this case I think the buff on PU merely went too far – maybe it was even unnecessary. I’d revert it for another WvW season, see how that works out. Maybe buff stealth a bit baseline, especially when taken in small doses (only a single ability).

without the torch you may aswell just grab bountiful interuption instead

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin