Need tips about PvP Chrono

in Mesmer

Posted by: Imperadordf.2687

Imperadordf.2687

Ok, I just hit 80 with my Mesmer and I was itching to try it in PvP. I found it really fun to play and I am playing Power Chrono right now, but I don’t know that I am doing good or bad. I usually get 15+ kills and almost don’t die with it, but I still lost some games. I am currently using this – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfCNqhlpB2fCMrhFcjqMASgfBNI2teruVv1eF-TpRCQBg7QAkk9H04JAAAPAgMcEAUYZAA

Any tips, advices and help is appreciated.

Thanks

Livia – Ring Of Fire

in Mesmer

Posted by: kiMpaa.5810

kiMpaa.5810

Hi,

Welcome to Mesmer PvP, glad you like it. I also enjoy powerChrono!

Seems like you are doing alright on survivability from what you post, but the general build almost always use Inspiration in favor of Illusions due to some extra survivability and team support (like mini heals / distortion for teammates and such)

But if you feel like you dont need it then stay with Illusions.

However regarding Duelist and Chronomancer i would suggest you change to these traits, or atleast experiment with them: (remember this is only my thoughts on it)

Duelist:
Here i would swap “Deceptive Evasion” for “Superiority Complex” since this skill is super super strong.. At the cost of some survivability and deception though, (consider changing to Inspiration instead, of illusions and problem solved )

Chronomancer:
If your using “Superiority Complex” form duelist it could be great to match that with"Danger Time" in Chrono instead of “improved Alacrity” although IA is a very strong trait. I guess it’s a flavor thing what to use here.

i would swap “All’s well that ends Well” for “Time Catches up” since it is a great skill for making sure that you illusions reach their target quick enough for bursty moments. (i rarely find the Alacrity bonus to allies worth using since you tend to be scattered on different points anyways)

i would also swap “Seize the moment” for “Chronophantasma” since chronophantasma can provide alot more pressure with resummoned Phantasms after the 1st shatter.

Also as a footnote, Greatsword is GREAT for PowerChrono, use GS2 skill with blink and then a shatter, and BOOM.

Perhaps also swap Signet of Humility for Gravity Well depending on situation, Gravity Well is really strong for CC and setting up AoE bursts. But yea Moa is a strong dueling choice.

BTW: I also play at the RoF world. Feel free to add me ingame if you want to play sometime. I’m still learning alot to. Returned for not so long ago. Used to play back in 2012..

(edited by kiMpaa.5810)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Imperadordf.2687

Imperadordf.2687

Thanks for the advice! I’ll probably add you and try the things you said. I also heard Bunker Chrono is pretty good, but couldn’t find any builds – guides about it. Is there a guide about it?

Livia – Ring Of Fire

in Mesmer

Posted by: kiMpaa.5810

kiMpaa.5810

I’m glad to hear.

In the end it’s all up to personal preference and what you think suits your style the most.
Though there is always some kind of meta, and most of the times one might succeed better with a meta build once one are able to use it correctly.

Yea i’ve heard many good things about bunker to. But haven’t found any reasonable up to date one. I guess you can look at older builds and experiment/tinker a little bit by yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Thanks for the advice! I’ll probably add you and try the things you said. I also heard Bunker Chrono is pretty good, but couldn’t find any builds – guides about it. Is there a guide about it?

Bunker chrono build died for almost 1.5 year . it was broken op anyway .
well now you can still build a okish bunker chrono , but it isn’t ideal ,coz bunker don’t have good group heal or group condi removal .old bunker build works due to quickness res and well of precognition both are gutted entirely.

sad thing is only standard meta chrono condi shatter build actually works now .
tho for fun you can try to replace inspiration with duel line for new ineptitude .but it lacks sustain and condition removal .you can also play power shatter build , high burst but very very glassy .And those off meta build also require much more skill to play .

and losing game in a team based pvp game is really normal .there are so many deciding factors in a match . you can find some good mesmer video and learn their trick or how they time their burst etc .Also rotation for a mesmer is quite important. good rotation on a mesmer with portal could easily carry your team .

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

side note : i prefer dom line over duel , Dom line offers boon removal(insanely useful) , stun (help you land your burst )and 15-30% burst buff for a power shatter build.
duel has vigor and fury ,15-25% critic dmg buff vs 50% hp ,overall Dom dmg buff is more reliable while offering more than two boons.