New Elite skill

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I like Jaunt, but it’s nowhere near Elite-caliber. I thought of a better elite skill they could employ, that would make a lot of sense for the Mirage spec.

Hall of Mirrors

Generate a total of six clones, surrounding the targeted enemy. They last for 5-10 seconds, and then auto-shatter (or at least three of them do).

There are plenty of levers to pull for balancing on that, as far as CD, maybe you can swap places with one of them, maybe they get buffed for the duration, etc., but I think it could be a really cool Mirage-style skill to have, and perfectly suited to an Elite skill, since it really takes the basic kit and raises it to the next level.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

How is 3 short range teleports with only 20 secs recharge time not “Elite-caliber”? It’s the one thing Mirage got right, leave it be.

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

How is 3 short range teleports with only 20 secs recharge time not “Elite-caliber”? It’s the one thing Mirage got right, leave it be.

It needs higher damage and Range.

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

I like the idea since it reminds me of the skill Kasmeer used against Scarlet but I’d probably make that into a utility skill and as I thought of in a previous post – just combine both Mirage Advance & Illusionary Ambush together.

But yeah ^.^ all Jaunt needs is higher damage and a range increase to 600 or 900 (but if at 900 it should only have then 2 charges).

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

So far Mirage is a condi spec, in that theme I would rather deal a third stack of confusion (orpossibly blind for some extra synergy with ineptitude) and increase the range.

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So far Mirage is a condi spec, in that theme I would rather deal a third stack of confusion (orpossibly blind for some extra synergy with ineptitude) and increase the range.

‘Mirage is severly limited in its design and I want to enforce that’

Nope, more damage and range.

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I like Jaunt a lot and want to keep it. With a small range buff to 600 units I think it’ll be great.

New Elite skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

The dmg is not bad considering you have it up almost all the time.
I agree with the range though, 600 units would make it more fun but you should also consider how useful it is as pure utility skill, using it over terain wihtout wasting your always important Blink cooldown.