New Interrupt Sigils

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Looks good Ladies & Gents. Already i’m looking into a fine tuned interrupt build to play with.

What says you all?

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

These two you are talking about?
NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.
NEW: Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interruption a foe.

Sigil of ruthlessness is only okayish. 5 might is like 7% damage increase if you use marauder/demolisher amulet. Considering you get might from GS2 as well, the actual benefit could be even smaller. 3 seconds is also a very short time for you to capitalize on the small bonus.

Sigil of absorption is interesting but I think mesmer is better at boon removal through shattering. You can remove stability and get easier interruption. Since you already try to remove boons first, it feels less useful to steal boon again afterwards. This sigil seems much better for D/P thief.

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I used to run ruthlessness with chaotic interruption + PB back in WvW, gosh just a single gravity well or tides of time into a zerg backline could chip away 50-60% of their HP

Ofc everything changes when boonshare mesmer + rev stab becomes a thing…

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

They aren’t new…for WvW at least.

It’s worth noting that sigil of absorption has a specified boon order of removal. This makes it mostly useless in PvP, but quite strong in WvW. The order is resistance, then aegis, then retaliation, then swiftness, then other stuff.

Sigil of ruthless is okish I guess…but the stacks are only applied for 3 seconds. It’s basically only useful as part of a shatter burst combo…except the sigil of draining (is that in PvP yet?) would probably deal more damage anyway.

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: atlashugged.7642

atlashugged.7642

What’s this all about? Did anet announce something?
EDIT: nevermind, I found the sigil proposal thread in the PvP forum. I’ll repost here what I posted there.

I like the thought behind the interrupt based sigils, but are these what interrupt based builds really need? None of the “on interrupt” type sigils help with the omnipresence of stability in this meta. I’m fond of interrupt builds. I don’t imagine I’d ever use either sigil on an interrupt build for that reason, and I certainly won’t use them on a non interrupt build.

(edited by atlashugged.7642)

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

These two you are talking about?
NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.
NEW: Sigil of Absorption: Steal a boon when interruption a foe.

Sigil of ruthlessness is only okayish. 5 might is like 7% damage increase if you use marauder/demolisher amulet. Considering you get might from GS2 as well, the actual benefit could be even smaller. 3 seconds is also a very short time for you to capitalize on the small bonus.

Sigil of absorption is interesting but I think mesmer is better at boon removal through shattering. You can remove stability and get easier interruption. Since you already try to remove boons first, it feels less useful to steal boon again afterwards. This sigil seems much better for D/P thief.

The absorption paired with boon strip on shatter is what I’m looking into. Trying to get to a place where i can keep the targeted enemy basically boonless for a spike. With how often we can shatter paired with interrupts our boon removal is far greater than any DP thief if we can reliably keep off stability.

Also i’m only talking about PvP as WvW is a mess of imbalance atm

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

It’s worth noting that sigil of absorption has a specified boon order of removal. This makes it mostly useless in PvP, but quite strong in WvW. The order is resistance, then aegis, then retaliation, then swiftness, then other stuff.

Sigil of ruthless is okish I guess…but the stacks are only applied for 3 seconds. It’s basically only useful as part of a shatter burst combo…except the sigil of draining (is that in PvP yet?) would probably deal more damage anyway.

Reason we need to test cause I wonder if they’ll change the priority order. I will say removing resistance first is insanely strong even in a PvP setting with how prevalent warriors have become. I’m looking into a condi and power version to work with atm.

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Reason we need to test cause I wonder if they’ll change the priority order. I will say removing resistance first is insanely strong even in a PvP setting with how prevalent warriors have become. I’m looking into a condi and power version to work with atm.

Except, when they pop Resistance, they will typically pop Stability as well. This goes back to what an earlier poster said about needing to strip Stab first somehow. And if you’re a Mesmer taking boon strips skills/traits, you probably don’t need this sigil anyway.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Except, when they pop Resistance, they will typically pop Stability as well. This goes back to what an earlier poster said about needing to strip Stab first somehow. And if you’re a Mesmer taking boon strips skills/traits, you probably don’t need this sigil anyway.

Resistance isn’t popped always with stab. The meta GS build doesn’t have a utility that grants stab

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Pulsing stability is pretty much present in every berserker builds, and you bet they’ll pop berserker as soon as they can. Indeed they don’t always have it up, but that means half of the fight you’ll be fighting at a disadvantage when you trait for interrupt builds.

Boon strip does work wonders in DH, ele and necro though, so interrupt builds will work on them.

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I will be exceedingly surprised if they change the priority order. Anet likes copy-pasting code (as all software companies do). That being said, a re-test once they hit PvP is absolutely a proper thing to do.

In any case, as others have mentioned berserker builds almost always come with the pulsing stab trait. While they do have some uptime on resistance outside of berserk, the really dangerous points where you want to be controlling them is during the berserk phases, making the resistance priority of questionable value. It could very well see use against the odd rev you come up against, but for the most part you would probably be better off focusing on raw boon strip instead of interrupts.

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

I will be exceedingly surprised if they change the priority order. Anet likes copy-pasting code (as all software companies do). That being said, a re-test once they hit PvP is absolutely a proper thing to do.

In any case, as others have mentioned berserker builds almost always come with the pulsing stab trait. While they do have some uptime on resistance outside of berserk, the really dangerous points where you want to be controlling them is during the berserk phases, making the resistance priority of questionable value. It could very well see use against the odd rev you come up against, but for the most part you would probably be better off focusing on raw boon strip instead of interrupts.

I would be focusing upon a +1 situation or duo’d with something like a thief training targets down. Currently you have to perfectly time your bursts after the bullkitten passive crap procs or just MOA ftw. I want to see if my interrupt/boon strip can forgo the waiting or MOA for the burst.

Much testing is needed post patch

<edit>

Remember they are nerfing sustain as well. So looking at a boon strip/interrupt builds in the current meta vs the supposed sustain nerf later isn’t feasible. This is why i’m brainstorming now and testing after the patch. Just asking if anyone has any ideas what direction they are going to go

New Interrupt Sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Oh they’ll just nerf all our interrupt traits because why not?