New Mesmer plea to stop the hate

in Mesmer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I used to call for nerfs on mesmers with a fervor.
but that is now history.

some days ago I created a mesmer, played it, learned it in better detail, and now my opinion is that while it is insanely strong in the hands of a pro versus a lot of current builds/classes, it is not undefeatable.

I watched a pro condi PU mesmer take on two thiefs, one average thief, one pro thief.
the mesmer downed the average thief, but didn’t manage to stomp.
And then, the average thief got ressed by the other pro thief.
both thiefs are d/p btw.
the pro condi mesmer continued fighting both thieves for close to 15 minutes. no one else fell, then the fight broke up as other players joined in.
but the point is, the mesmer actually held off both thieves for 15minutes, one of whom I know is very good, and almost killed the other average thief.

I think the OPness is that mesmers have high invis uptime, and a mimic skill that allows quick recharge of say blink, or invis, and a mantra(stun/cleanse/heal) that can be stored and used again in battle for up to 4-6 times(traited)

This is quite the insane disengage and sustain/damage depending on the mesmer’s build. However, I think that what it has done is made mesmers a lot more challenging to fight against now.

New tactics need to be used against them. For example, if they blink to create distance, dont run through their clones to get to them unless you got an instant gap closer available, run in the opposite direction. if they want the kill, make them work for it.

If they go invis, don’t random dodge/block because their invis uptime is very long and they can engage at any of those seconds. however, you could count to 5 and if they have not engaged, you may want to random dodge since their invis will be running out around that time or up to 8 seconds if they had invis using their elite.

Also when they appear from invis, don’t be too quick to hit them with a killer move because chances are they got an aegis up!

The same pro condi mesmer, I fought him with my necro, and killed him with two well timed condi transfers. (he killed me 3 times before I killed him though cause I didn’t time the transfers well and got blocked by his aegis and dodges and I tried to get to him by running through all his clones when he blinked away to recast his mantra)

My point is, they are strong yes. but they are still flesh and blood and can be killed.

This is coming from the former number 1 mesmer nerfer.
Please stop the mesmer hate.

Edit: I also saw a very pro warrior kill a decent condi PU mesmer. what the warrior did was kite and opened up the distance from the mesmer/clones with his GS when he had too much condi stacks on him. Then engage and try to catch the mesmer with his mace/shield stuns and bursting him with the GS. He did this a few times and was never in danger or dying to the PU condi mesmer. On the other hand, the PU mesmer was always the one who seemed more likely to die and in the end the mesmer did lose.

Edit2: so far I’ve been talking about PU condi mesmers above, the only power stun/interrupt mesmer I fought was once only. I lost, but he almost died as well. Was very close so I wouldn’t say they are impossible to fight against either.

Oh and btw, all of the above is my experience in WvW only.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Thank you for taking the time to learn about the class, I wish more people were like you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

+1 @OP

Mesmers got a lot of love, and it’s not just limited to the WvW/PvP aspects.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I don’t think people hate mesmers per se. Nor did ppl kitten about “mesmers being impossible to defeat” literally. However, there is an issue regarding balance that goes beyond the lazy knee jerk “L2P”.

I think that what fuels the hate mainly comes from the many mesmer maining ppl who are fighting tooth and nail to avoid acknowledging even an iota of a possible problem (often coming of as blatantly trolling and of very bad faith when discussing the issue). They probably fear the nerf hammer more than anything else but, sadly, the coping strategies that fear engender make many of them very unlikable ppl in the eyes of those who have valid points.

My 2 cents

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

While I think that what you have done is wonderful, and I honestly thank you for taking the time to learn a new class.
The simple fact is a lot of people simply don’t want to get better or adapt.

I wish more people in this forum were like you OP, I honestly do.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

@Tobaco

Did you forgot to read the word “literally” in what I said? It means that even if ppl have use words like “impossible” the meaning behind is not that it was literally impossible. Of course anyone can be defeated. However, the point was, and remain, that there is a balance issue that can’t be reasonably explained with “L2P” alone.

As for your “bullkitten” rebuttal and your “sources”, again, learn to read. I never said Mesmers period. I said MANY mesmers maining ppl… And I suggest you go read back your “sources” because they support exactly what I’m saying here… The fact that many mesmer posters have acknowledge the problem doesn’t invalidate what I said.

@Solori

There is also another very simple fact that again support what I just said above. Many people Did play a mesmer and really tried it a lot on both side of the fence. Sadly, and very strangely, the only legitimate ppl seem to be the ones who have spoken like the OP… Why are the PoV of veteran mesmers and other professions who have fought loads of them dismissed and the PoV of a new player in that field so highly praised?

The truth is, many people on the forum did what the OP did and have said so. Just go reread the many posts on the topic. Yet, here we are with you wishing these people who give the mesmer a chance would exist as if none who view things differently and with legitimate reasons ever did… despite the fact they did…

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

@Solori

The truth is, many people on the forum did what the OP did and have said so. Just go reread the many posts on the topic. Yet, here we are with you wishing these people who give the mesmer a chance would exist as if none who view things differently and with legitimate reasons ever did… despite the fact they did…

a few things..because you are talking to a person that didn’t address you, but for some reason decided that for what ever reason this came off as an attack or some post directed at you to respond to.

Go to the pvp forum and you see people that say
" Mesmer 1 shot me, it needs to be nerfed"
“Mesmer stayed in stealth and ran from me, it needs to be nerfed.”
“Mesmer stealthed, blinked, invuled,bursted, stunned me down and didn’t take any damage, it needs to be nerfed”

You find very VERY few people saying " Oh I just tried it and figured out why I was having trouble, the reasons are A-B-C, so I started doing E-F-G and now I have a better chance. I would recommend more people try Build X to learn how to counter Build Y for professions Q, maybe you can come up with a good build that isn’t glass"

You don’t see many of those, you DO see walls of QQ threads being started. You DO see people QQ’ing in threads with the intention of civil discussion.
That is what I see on the majority of the competitive boards.
Also no where did I say people like the op didn’t exist Thank you for putting words in my mouth btw
I DID say

let me emphasize this for you.

more people

No where does that say, I wish ALL, but more.

Secondly,

There is also another very simple fact that again support what I just said above. Many people Did play a mesmer and really tried it a lot on both side of the fence. Sadly, and very strangely, the only legitimate ppl seem to be the ones who have spoken like the OP… Why are the PoV of veteran mesmers and other professions who have fought loads of them dismissed and the PoV of a new player in that field so highly praised?

No where, have I said that the PoV of a vet, is less than that of a new player.
Are you saying we should NOT thank a new player for having a fresh perspective?

I DID say

“The simple fact is a lot of people simply don’t want to get better or adapt.”

And that is a fact. A lot of people simply want what they play and how they play to be the best without competition, they want their style of play, their trait choices, etc. to be the best without having to learn or change.

I don’t know how you read that, or any part of my post, as me saying I don’t value vets ( especially when I recently posted in an appreciation thread for mesmer vets that you feel contributed to the mesmer community, or something like that). Or that their PoV doesn’t matter.

You have some deep seated issues and you may want to make a thread about it, instead of taking post like mine 3 shades out of context.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I don’t think people hate mesmers per se. Nor did ppl kitten about “mesmers being impossible to defeat” literally. However, there is an issue regarding balance that goes beyond the lazy knee jerk “L2P”.

I think that what fuels the hate mainly comes from the many mesmer maining ppl who are fighting tooth and nail to avoid acknowledging even an iota of a possible problem (often coming of as blatantly trolling and of very bad faith when discussing the issue). They probably fear the nerf hammer more than anything else but, sadly, the coping strategies that fear engender make many of them very unlikable ppl in the eyes of those who have valid points.

My 2 cents

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on matter. For sure, the best suggestions for dealing with the balance issues have come from people who know the class best, which makes sense.

But there’s a lot of dismissing people who don’t play the class as having l2p issues that plays to a pretty massive blind spot and conceit. The corollary is clinging to any comment from an outsider saying the class is fine as is. Both are two sides of the same confirmation bias.

People who’ve mained mesmers for a long time aren’t going to be the most knowledgeable of how out of line they are to fight against or to play as a new mesmer, relative to other classes. Most people’s acknowledge a power buff to the class, but it’s pretty kitten ed easy to assume the class is finally balanced and your success all comes down to your own skill.

Still, bottom line, there’s a healthy contingent of mesmers taking the time to identify key areas to rebalance. Hopefully, Anet listens to them and doesn’t gut the class. It’s happened to others.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Mesmer

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Mesmers are over the top. Don’t fool yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I’ve never called for straight up nerfs, but I have called for changes.

The fact that a interrupt/shatter mesmer can stun you, immobilize you (and throw other conditions on you) then hit you with a 12k shatter through more then 3k armor within the space of 2 seconds is over the top.

All I have suggested is a reduction to shatter damage then an increase to consistent weapon damage to compensate.

(and to those who will respond run stability & condi cleanse save your time. It doesn’t help because they can do that combo far more often then anyone can stability & stunbreak out of)

in Mesmer

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

a few things..because you are talking to a person that didn’t address you, but for some reason decided that for what ever reason this came off as an attack or some post directed at you to respond to.

This is partially true. You didn’t DIRECTLY address me. However, it is false from my PoV that you didn’t address me when you addressed your wish considering what was said by myself as well as many others in other threads. It came off as if ppl not agreeing like minded ppl couldn’t possibly have really tried it. But, fair enough…

Go to the pvp forum and you see people that say
" Mesmer 1 shot me, it needs to be nerfed"
“Mesmer stayed in stealth and ran from me, it needs to be nerfed.”
“Mesmer stealthed, blinked, invuled,bursted, stunned me down and didn’t take any damage, it needs to be nerfed”

You find very VERY few people saying " Oh I just tried it and figured out why I was having trouble, the reasons are A-B-C, so I started doing E-F-G and now I have a better chance. I would recommend more people try Build X to learn how to counter Build Y for professions Q, maybe you can come up with a good build that isn’t glass"

I totally agree that ppl too often ask for stupid nerf for a yes or for a no and that this topic is no exception. My only contention lies with the many who behave in the most obfuscated ways when a criticism is made regarding the current state of the game when it is touching their main. Apparently, no matter what, nothing said is ever legit or good enough. Yes, things will get better as we adapt but is there something that persist beyond that lazy “L2P” attitude we are often served?

You don’t see many of those, you DO see walls of QQ threads being started. You DO see people QQ’ing in threads with the intention of civil discussion.
That is what I see on the majority of the competitive boards.
Also no where did I say people like the op didn’t exist Thank you for putting words in my mouth btw
I DID say

let me emphasize this for you.

more people

No where does that say, I wish ALL, but more.

That is true and I apologize.

Secondly,

No where, have I said that the PoV of a vet, is less than that of a new player.
Are you saying we should NOT thank a new player for having a fresh perspective?

I DID say

“The simple fact is a lot of people simply don’t want to get better or adapt.”

And that is a fact. A lot of people simply want what they play and how they play to be the best without competition, they want their style of play, their trait choices, etc. to be the best without having to learn or change.

I don’t know how you read that, or any part of my post, as me saying I don’t value vets ( especially when I recently posted in an appreciation thread for mesmer vets that you feel contributed to the mesmer community, or something like that). Or that their PoV doesn’t matter.

You have some deep seated issues and you may want to make a thread about it, instead of taking post like mine 3 shades out of context.

I suppose my history in past threads on the matter has tainted my view here when you replied “positively” to the OP but never before when someone had share a similar, albeit drastically different, experience. Anyway…

It is true that you see a lot of QQ from outsiders (some ridiculous, others very legitimate) but it is also true that the opposite reaction has been seen from the resident mesmer community (it could have been any community really) who will too often try to lessen the validity of the “good” points of the opposing side. I mean, like I said, I main an ele. When the FGS was broken (and it was), I was not trying to lessen how broken that kitten was just because, you know, it’s an ele skill. It was kittening broken period. The fact I’m an ele is beside the point on the matter. That thing needed a nerf (ok, that skill is now an elite walking stick but that is another problem). Too often, all I see and read are ppl arguing with a sport’s team mentality. Team mesmer vs team whatever for example.

Simply put, I’m never bothered when someone making stupid QQ are put in their place. What will annoy me a lot is when someone bringing valid points will receive an almost unanimous wall of defensive non-sense to try covering a blatant “we don’t care, we like it” attitude.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

My 2 cents

The problem is for every reasonable complaint, you get tons of people, like Choppy, who just have an ax to grind against the mesmer. They spend more time complaining about the mesmer than doing anything else on these forums. What ever reasonable criticisms are simply drowned out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I have no gripe against Mesmers or those who play them, but the fact is, they were over-buffed. Sorry…it happens… its not your fault. Its not your fault. I have a Mesmer, played it, learned it, just don’t like it. But I do understand it, and I understand balance.

i think the thing that really kittenes people off, is not the fact that the Mesmer does this or that, RAAAGE!!! Rather, is that so many Mesmer’s atm, straight up refuse to acknowledge even the slightest possibility that maybe, just maybe, they were over-buffed (or other classes were under buffed, which I feel is more the case)

So… as long as you guys can PU and Burst Shatter with consecutive 1200 range invisible no-tell dazes, you better get used to getting the thief treatment from both the community, and ANET for a while.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The problem is for every reasonable complaint, you get tons of people, like Choppy, who just have an ax to grind against the mesmer. They spend more time complaining about the mesmer than doing anything else on these forums. What ever reasonable criticisms are simply drowned out.

Lmao, an axe so sharp it didn’t cut nearly as deep as your own proposals and has since become a pretty common position among mesmers in the various threads.

Alright, DaShi, you go ahead and keep proving the point about some of the more defensive types who main mesmers.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The problem is that people are exaggerating things. Yes, CS is currently too strong. PU also in roaming or dueling. But it is strong in that it helps you to win when you are on equal skill level as the other player. It won’t carry bad players to win against better players, nor will it carry you to win against multiple decent foes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I have no gripe against Mesmers or those who play them, but the fact is, they were over-buffed. Sorry…it happens… its not your fault. Its not your fault. I have a Mesmer, played it, learned it, just don’t like it. But I do understand it, and I understand balance.

i think the thing that really kittenes people off, is not the fact that the Mesmer does this or that, RAAAGE!!! Rather, is that so many Mesmer’s atm, straight up refuse to acknowledge even the slightest possibility that maybe, just maybe, they were over-buffed (or other classes were under buffed, which I feel is more the case)

So… as long as you guys can PU and Burst Shatter with consecutive 1200 range invisible no-tell dazes, you better get used to getting the thief treatment from both the community, and ANET for a while.

I disagree. The problem is that there are too many ignorant whiners who way exaggerating things. They don’t want balance. They are just sour grapes.

Personally, I have been playing w/o PU, w/o CS. I have my fair share of deaths and beaten down in 1v1. But people still depict you as no-skill noob who plays an immortal class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

I constantly read post where mesmers defend PU condi builds, and how they require skill to play. But that’s just a lie!

I dusted off my asura mesmer, put some rabid gear and went to WvW to test it. I was just owning everyone…even wast majority of 1v2s were easy as hell and I am not even sure I had a good setup (played with s/t and staff and picked up traits that sounded good at that time). I don’t even want to imagine how powerful this can be in hands of a better player.

I know the story is a bit different in PvP and this build is mostly viable in WvW roaming, but please don’t tell me it requires skill to play. Not sure if any other build/class offers big rewards with so little effort? (maybe condi thief?)

(edited by choban.9027)

in Mesmer

Zatoichi.1049

I disagree. The problem is that there are too many ignorant whiners who way exaggerating things. They don’t want balance. They are just sour grapes.

Personally, I have been playing w/o PU, w/o CS. I have my fair share of deaths and beaten down in 1v1. But people still depict you as no-skill noob who plays an immortal class.

then you are not contributing to the problem. But saying “I don’t play the build” doesn’t invalidate other people claims, nor does it make the problematic build not exist. You are NOT playing the meta build which is truly wrecking people. If you were playing the meta build, you probably would be dying less and winning more, theres a reason its “meta”. In all seriousness, kudos if in fact you are doing well with your build though (not sarcasm).

Whether or not you like it, “whining,” as it is always put by people defending their class, is the first symptom of a potential imbalance. If you were ANET, and people were consistently “whining” about X,Y,Z, would you honestly not take a look at it? Something is causing it, and people certainly do not tend to whine about underpowered classes. Not a lot of “nerf ranger” threads out there…

yes, there are whiners out there, but a lot of the time, whiners are just the ones who say what everyone else is thinking. And not all people with these complaints are noobs who need to L2P. I know a few pro pvpers who share the same opinion as these whiners.

Thing is, few people want balance. Most people want their class to, if not dominate, at least be on top, and that’s why the current Mesmer is being defended by, you guessed it…Mesmers. You are finally meta, and you want to stay there, everyone understands that. Any potential challenge to your position is not going to be welcome. Every other meta class does it when they are in the crosshairs: Thieves did it before the perma-stealth nerf and the sword/dagger nerf, Eles did when D/D was gonna be dismantled with specializations (they won that one, and they continue to be OP) Warriors did it with post nerf Healing Signet, and before shout heal nerf. Engies did it before turrets got hit, hell some engies defended the Grenadier trait glitch. Defend, Defend, Defend! You guys are on top now, and you want to stay there. I think you mesmers all know that is not how this story will end though.

(edited by Zatoichi.1049)

in Mesmer

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Hi op, welcome to mesmering. Noticed that most of the whiners are those who don’t play one.

The non-elementalists who ask for mesmer nerf will regret it as the OPness of elementalists will emerge. I’m fair. I don’t mind a mesmer nerf as long as eles get it too.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Look – it’s not the condi build that’s utter carnage but the pu-power build.

It’s not even the pu power build.

It’s how many times within a minute the mesmer can burst 3-4 players from stealth that’s the issue.

The combo that rekt’s everyone needs to be put on a longer cooldown… not that the build needs nerf’d.

Everyone enjoys’s insta-gib’n.

Hell, as a guardian (yes, i went there), I love it… but it can only be done every 45-60s seconds.

The good Mesmers’ can do it, then do it again at half capacity., and then stealth and wait 30s and do it again.

That’s too much, too soon, for so much burst.

Anet – dont’ nerf the burst. It’s a breath of fresh air – and I don’t play mesmer.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Mesmer isnt OP. There is PU, which is OP, there is Conditions like Burning Stacks that are OP, there is the Inspiration traitline which is OP. These are the only things I would accept a nerf.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

, there is the Inspiration traitline which is OP.

Oh you’re gonna explain this.

How is this traitline, the line that only really add’s support or group buffs..Which was nerfed in less than 48 hours after the patch. OP?

I am honestly curious why you chose inspiration over every other traitline.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

First of all thank you OP everything about your post. I appreciate how well articulated it was.

Now then,

This is what I have a problem with. I dont think most mesmers just refuse to admit things need to be tweaked slightly (which, lets be honest, they do). There are as many mesmers that scream against any nerfs as there are players who rage for them because they lost 1 encounter with a mesmer.

There have been at least 5 posts in the last week made by well known mesmers polling the community on how they would like our traits to be shaved down. Every single reasonable player acknowledges that things need to be nerfed, but still kept useful.

As with everything in life you just have to ignore the extremists on both sides. I don’t want to see PU watered down to what some people have suggested, but I do think it needs to be changed. There is a middle ground and if people keep arguing about if it needs to happen then we wont be prepared to give feedback when it happens.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

How is this traitline, the line that only really add’s support or group buffs..Which was nerfed in less than 48 hours after the patch. OP?

Because if you play these line, some other traits really really get strong. You have an insane condition remove and heal. For example, Inspiration and Chaos. PU gets even stronger with this trait. Maybe I should call these traits by the name, not blaming the full traitline. That was fail.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Zatoichi.1049

First of all thank you OP everything about your post. I appreciate how well articulated it was.

Now then,

This is what I have a problem with. I dont think most mesmers just refuse to admit things need to be tweaked slightly (which, lets be honest, they do). There are as many mesmers that scream against any nerfs as there are players who rage for them because they lost 1 encounter with a mesmer.

There have been at least 5 posts in the last week made by well known mesmers polling the community on how they would like our traits to be shaved down. Every single reasonable player acknowledges that things need to be nerfed, but still kept useful.

As with everything in life you just have to ignore the extremists on both sides. I don’t want to see PU watered down to what some people have suggested, but I do think it needs to be changed. There is a middle ground and if people keep arguing about if it needs to happen then we wont be prepared to give feedback when it happens.

Not trying to single out Mesmer’s my friend… every class does it when they are under the crosshairs. its a simple defense mechanism: get backed into the corner, bare your fangs. this is nothing new.

Nerf…shave. its the same thing at this point. Nerf doesn’t mean what it used to. Shave is the community friendly word for nerf now. PU and CS made power shatter a whole new monster, and that monster is really, really hairy.

(edited by Zatoichi.1049)

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

Because if you play these line, some other traits really really get strong. You have an insane condition remove and heal. For example, Inspiration and Chaos. PU gets even stronger with this trait. Maybe I should call these traits by the name, not blaming the full traitline. That was fail.

I know what you’re talking about.

I also disagree…kind of…
Like the condition removal is how I have to trait to counter heavy burn teams or condition roamers in WvW.

The heal is only really a big deal with healing power and clones present.

And you lose a lot of offensive options traiting in both chaos AND inspiration.

Though I think when PU gets it’s “shave” and our bugs are fixed. A lot more builds for mesmer will start to pop up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I used to call for nerfs on mesmers with a fervor.
but that is now history.

some days ago I created a mesmer, played it, learned it in better detail, and now my opinion is that while it is insanely strong in the hands of a pro versus a lot of current builds/classes, it is not undefeatable.

I watched a pro condi PU mesmer take on two thiefs, one average thief, one pro thief.
the mesmer downed the average thief, but didn’t manage to stomp.
And then, the average thief got ressed by the other pro thief.
both thiefs are d/p btw.
the pro condi mesmer continued fighting both thieves for close to 15 minutes. no one else fell, then the fight broke up as other players joined in.
but the point is, the mesmer actually held off both thieves for 15minutes, one of whom I know is very good, and almost killed the other average thief.

I think the OPness is that mesmers have high invis uptime, and a mimic skill that allows quick recharge of say blink, or invis, and a mantra(stun/cleanse/heal) that can be stored and used again in battle for up to 4-6 times(traited)

This is quite the insane disengage and sustain/damage depending on the mesmer’s build. However, I think that what it has done is made mesmers a lot more challenging to fight against now.

New tactics need to be used against them. For example, if they blink to create distance, dont run through their clones to get to them unless you got an instant gap closer available, run in the opposite direction. if they want the kill, make them work for it.

If they go invis, don’t random dodge/block because their invis uptime is very long and they can engage at any of those seconds. however, you could count to 5 and if they have not engaged, you may want to random dodge since their invis will be running out around that time or up to 8 seconds if they had invis using their elite.

Also when they appear from invis, don’t be too quick to hit them with a killer move because chances are they got an aegis up!

The same pro condi mesmer, I fought him with my necro, and killed him with two well timed condi transfers. (he killed me 3 times before I killed him though cause I didn’t time the transfers well and got blocked by his aegis and dodges and I tried to get to him by running through all his clones when he blinked away to recast his mantra)

My point is, they are strong yes. but they are still flesh and blood and can be killed.

This is coming from the former number 1 mesmer nerfer.
Please stop the mesmer hate.

Edit: I also saw a very pro warrior kill a decent condi PU mesmer. what the warrior did was kite and opened up the distance from the mesmer/clones with his GS when he had too much condi stacks on him. Then engage and try to catch the mesmer with his mace/shield stuns and bursting him with the GS. He did this a few times and was never in danger or dying to the PU condi mesmer. On the other hand, the PU mesmer was always the one who seemed more likely to die and in the end the mesmer did lose.

Edit2: so far I’ve been talking about PU condi mesmers above, the only power stun/interrupt mesmer I fought was once only. I lost, but he almost died as well. Was very close so I wouldn’t say they are impossible to fight against either.

Oh and btw, all of the above is my experience in WvW only.

WOW thank you for this. Sharing this on my POST

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)