New Skills Coming Soon

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

A huge run speed buff please and thank you! I am soooo tired of being the slowest class in the game. Maybe even one of those handy 25% run speed signets like most other classes have. Also maybe a spectral walk like ability with a mechanic reminiscent of Illusion of Haste (what a great name!) in GW1 where we get cripple and add in vulnerable at the end of it but we can pop distortion to evade the debuff if we time it right. Maybe give us both please and as utility skills not on a weapon.

AOE um and yes more AOE please. I love my class and mesmer is my main but in the big team fights I would love to have an easier time getting tags off. WvW makes me feel a bit kitten when some of the other classes are talking about their loot bag drops.

Oh and I second the Shatter Delusions revival it was great in GW1 and it WILL be great in GW2!

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

(edited by PHARAOH.3465)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Hmm.
Perhaps-
Doppelganger: Instantly creates a “phantasm” that mirrors the movements and actions of the Mesmer, and is indistinguishable from the player. Attacks on this phantasm apply confusion. The health of this phantasm is identical to that of the Mesmer’s. 10s duration. 90s cooldown.
note:
-“mirrored” in the sense of reflection; e.g. if the player moves right, this phantasm moves left.

Through the Looking Glass: Cast a field in which enemies have their own skills used against them; their attacks hurt themselves, and their heals heal the Mesmer. In addition, movement is reversed (forward becomes back, left becomes right, et cetera).15s duration; radius 500. 120s cooldown.

Thoughts?

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

PHARAOH.3465

I really like them both playing with duration, radius, and recharge on the 2nd one would maybe give us a viable and mesmer like aoe. The Doppelganger would be great in pvp.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

PHARAOH.3465

Bring back “Blackout” ;-)

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blackout

Would need to cancel all fields and summons currently active. Would have great synergy with Moa Morph, without being OP as you both get blacked out. Maybe let you both keep your auto attack however.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Arcane_Mimicry

Now this, this would be very interesting. A few tweaks so that we can use it against people on other servers in WvW/S-T/PvP.

Make it so that that after we have used the skill we have 20seconds to use the new elite or it goes on cooldown. If used then it would have its normal duration AND it can copy/steal Transformation skills.

Maybe have it so when copied/stolen the target cant use theres, so we could even use it to block someone from using an elite for upto 20seconds.

Think it would need say 180second-210second cool down though, without the the block function i think a 90second cool down would be sufficient

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: GalloGSM.8139

GalloGSM.8139

Give me Echo/Arcane Echo NOW.

Imagine Echoing a phantasm or a shatter or Chaos Storm or Blurred Frenzy!

We have a skill called echo, thats’ why someone suggested “master’s echo”. (Mimic captures the next ranged attack used on you, then you trigger echo, to shoot an identical projectile back at them)

I didn’t say we didn’t already have an ability called Echo, i was just referring to GW1’s Echo and Arcane Echo. They were one of the main reasons people went /Me in GW1 builds because they allowed you to Echo your elites. You could even set off an Echo chain where you Echoed Arcane Echo which let you Echo an ability 3 times – it was great! I still don’t understand how it wasn’t in from the start.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thomas.1962

Thomas.1962

Swap: change places with target enemy (maybe put in a 1sec immobilize).
skill turns into swap back: change places with target enemy again.
<< just don’t jump of a cliff when u switch back now >>

Shatter boon/condition dealing dmg to nearby enemies.

An elite phantasm would be nice! Maybe the doppelganger idea fits this category. Summoning 1 (or 2) clone(s) that mimics everything the caster does.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Now to add to this could be that AoE that the target has used against you would harm THEM if swapped into the AoE field, it also swapping all stacks of conditions from you to the target and steals there Boons ^^

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kersic.6718

Kersic.6718

New condition, call it “Suppression”.
Think of it as Blind, except instead of making the next outgoing attack miss, it interrupts the next skill used.
Durations similar to Blind, stacks in duration.
(In looking at GW1 Mesmer skills, this condition could also be described as Clumsiness without the damage or AoE component, and would cleanse on the next skill used.)
All sorts of ways this condition would help Interrupt builds, in my opinion.

Instead of a new condition (they got rid of hexes since they wanted to minimize the number of conditions), what about a trait that does damage when blind is removed? Would not be able to stack the trait BUT we could time our blinds for that “active DPS interrupt” defense that seems to have a few core mesmer ideals while staying within the gw2 boundary of mechanics.

I don’t understand why you’d suggest “damage on blind removal” as an alternative to “interrupt next skill used”?

While I agree that your suggested trait may have value in a number of builds, it would not take advantage of any of the existing “on interrupt” traits that we already have.

Anet has already shown that they are open to implementing new conditions post-launch with Torment. My suggestion would be to make several new skills which cause Suppression, not to limit it to three skills in the game on three classes. They could even consider adding it to some of the existing RNG type skills that Mesmers and Engineers already have.

Honestly, I just think that it would be nice to have a more reliable method of interrupting.

“They got rid of hexes since they wanted to minimize the number of conditions.” Implementing a condition that is basically a hex from gw1 is going down a slippery road of stacking 20 conditions on an enemy while condition removals only remove 1 condition at a time. Giving necros 2 “new” conditions is part of what is making them “op” in the ability to overload people.
“Think of it as Blind, except” … you mentioned blind yourself.
This is why I recommend some modification to blind rather than a new condition. If that modification is an interrupt, sure.

Fair enough.
I’d definitely be happy with a trait that interrupts on blind removal.
The synergy with Dazzling Glamours, Chaotic Interruption (RNG chain interrupt?!?), Illusion of Vulnerability, and Halting Strike… coupled with Chaos Armor, The Prestige, and Counterspell – that would be a pretty incredible buff for Staff/Sceptre/Torch.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Visage Swap – player takes on the form of one opponent and opponent takes on the form of the mesmer for X seconds. Other enemies can then attack their ally (who looks like the mesmer) and ignore the player for a few seconds (basically, drop aggro).

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Visage Swap – player takes on the form of one opponent and opponent takes on the form of the mesmer for X seconds. Other enemies can then attack their ally (who looks like the mesmer) and ignore the player for a few seconds (basically, drop aggro).

I like this one.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: True Seeker.3682

True Seeker.3682

sPvP specific Signet:

Passive Effect: Every 10 seconds, CTRL+T target on yourself is dropped.
Active Effect: Stealth for 3 seconds.

Would be limited that it probably wouldn’t even be taken most of the time, but would at least stop people QQing about “Mesmer and CTRL+T = dead Mesmer” (even though it’s untrue)

Mesmerizing

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

sPvP specific Signet:

Passive Effect: Every 10 seconds, CTRL+T target on yourself is dropped.
Active Effect: Stealth for 3 seconds.

Would be limited that it probably wouldn’t even be taken most of the time, but would at least stop people QQing about “Mesmer and CTRL+T = dead Mesmer” (even though it’s untrue)

In My Opinion, pointless we have Torch Stealth, Decoy, Mass Invis and 1 or 2 other stealth abilities that remove it. If it was 25% Movement speed passive and a Decoy active (stealth and Clone) active i would take that.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

An elite phantasm would be nice! Maybe the doppelganger idea fits this category. Summoning 1 (or 2) clone(s) that mimics everything the caster does.

hahah that swap is epic, could cause a ton of qq in wvw though.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d like a new Trait called ‘confusing flares’. Your pistol attacks also deal 3 stacks of confusion debuff to each target and place a revealed debuff for on each target for 5 seconds.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Elite skill: Inversion

Compromises your opponent’s sense of orientation. Reverses the opponent’s heading and direction for 10 seconds. (forward becomes backward, right→left, camera panning is reversed, etc.)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thomas.1962

Thomas.1962

Ahh yeh.. guess they should disable switching into keeps and such..

Also the speed buff everyone wants (including me!) could look something like this:

signet of haste – passive: 25% increased movement speed
active: if target enemy is using a weapon skill he’s knocked down

The active ability is sort of like gw1’s signet of clumsiness, in my opinion they go pretty well together flavour wise.

And just got another idea.
explode – channel for 2 seconds then shatter into stealth (1 second) dealing heavy damage to nearby enemies.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

Elite skill that temporarily increases the clone count to 8 and summons max clones. Activate the skill again to take the place of a random clone and cause a random condition at the departure and arrival point. Oh and the clones are summoned in the area, spread out.

Ultimate mindkitten.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Elite skill that temporarily increases the clone count to 8 and summons max clones. Activate the skill again to take the place of a random clone and cause a random condition at the departure and arrival point. Oh and the clones are summoned in the area, spread out.

Ultimate mindkitten.

Ultimate QQ skill as well, That would be nerfed within days, first cool down would be doubled, the QQ to continue, then the number of clones reduced, still QQ, will be reduced even more and still the QQ.

It will end up with 1 clone summoned that wont have any weapons or any skills that when it dies it deals 100,000damage to the Mesmer with a 120,000 range just in case they run they will be auto killed if they WP, go into the Mists or go into WvW

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Ahh yeh.. guess they should disable switching into keeps and such..

A simpler answer would be to keep the same limitations on swap as any other teleport skill. The need for a path (aka can’t swap to get on top of a wall but still allows players to swap with opponents higher up on a ramp), no swapping through walls or gates, must have line of sight, no objects that would normally interrupt your teleport, no swapping through or over gaps etc.

Though in my opinion, change blink into swap. Ground target casting for regular teleport, but when cast at the position of an enemy, swap places with them. In the cast of multiple enemies, swaps with the enemy closest to the middle of the circle.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

“Misdirection” – Glamour skill: For X seconds, a dome appears around the Mesmer, any projectiles fired at the Mesmer are re-directed to the Mesmer’s Target.

Also, I think there should be a trait that causes Null Field to reveal stealth targets. Null field can be come a thief sweeper. Heck, maybe make all Glamor skills reveal stealth.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

So ill try also

Traits
-Shatter Delusion (Dom Major Trait)- Mind Wrack remove any condition target have, and convert each one to 5%more dmg ( in short, mostly its 50% buff dmg to shatter, in PvP 2% dmg per cond)

-Ilusion of Pain (Grand Master Duelist)- When you take fatal dmg, you gain 3s distortion and heal yourself by 25%of max hp (90s cd) ( just more wtf suprise MF!!)

-Echoed Speed (Major Trait inspiration)- You and ally units run 10% faster, and additonal 5% for each ally near (max 30%,1000range) (As support we need sort of trait like that)

-Accumulated Pain( Domiantion Major trait or even Grand)- Whenever you place a condition, you also put additional bleed or Burn ( i want make Cond mesmer with staff a bit more viable)

-Spirit Shackles (Grand master Illusion) You transfer 30% of dmg you take to nearby clones or Phantoms

Manipulating:
-Blackout(45s cd) Daze you foe for 5s and apply torment< just cant ressist
-Backfire(30s Cd) for next 5s you redirect 50% of dmg to attacker<just wish

Glamour
Fragility(60s CD) Create a field of power for 20s that damages foe when they suffer frome condition, or get boon(Its like old one, its deal max 1.5k dmg every time foe take new condition or boon, a bit counter to champions that cure fast conditions, and some sweet for PvP)

-Panic(45s CD) Place a magick field that doubles Condition dmg ( in short for 10s we give others 100% more dmg frome bleeds/burn/poison

-Soothing Images (50s CD) Create A field for 10s, ally units gain Regeneration, Protection and Stability (Mesmer lack this soo much..)

Signets:
Signet of Lyssa(30S CD)
Out of Combat: move speed increased by 25%
In combat: Reduce Crowd Control effects by 25%
On use: Gain quickness(3s), remove all conditions and boons form yourself. (some kind out of combat ms, and usable effect in combat, and decent active)

Elite skills:
Ether Nighmare(90s CD): Summon a Great Phantom(30s) that have ours attributes and special attacks, depending what main Weapon we Hold.(every profession have selfish elite, mess need to!!)

Sword-Fast furius attacks that strip boons, and deal 10% dmg for each reamaining boon

Great Sword- Slower but dealing huge dmg attacks, and deal 1% more dmg for each 1% of missing enemy HP

Staff- Semi dmg but his attacks transfer condition form us, and change them with enemy boons. also deal 2x more dmg when this happen

Scepter- Apply confussion and bleed with attacks The more boons enemy have., then more stacks he will get.

Transformation
Phantom Lord(60s)- Change yourself into Master of all Phantoms(25s) in this form all attributes are boosted by 50% and additonal All phantoms have 50% lower cd, take 50% less dmg, and deal additional 50% of dmg
(Phantom builds need kinda this)

(edited by Michal.4513)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

So ill try also

Traits
-Shatter Delusion (Dom Major Trait)- Mind Wrack remove any condition target have, and convert each one to 5%more dmg ( in short, mostly its 50% buff dmg to shatter, in PvP 2% dmg per cond)

Transformation
Phantom Lord(60s)- Change yourself into Master of all Phantoms(25s) in this form all attributes are boosted by 50% and additonal All phantoms have 50% lower cd, take 50% less dmg, and deal additional 50% of dmg
(Phantom builds need kinda this)

So basically… troll condition builds in my party by making them even more useless.

Also make phantasms do 100% more dmg and be able to attack 50% more often for basically a 133% phantasm damage increase while they take 1/2 damage. This is with a 33% upkeep to what is considered a powerful build.

Yeah… phantasm builds totally need that kind of power >.<

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

“Misdirection” – Glamour skill: For X seconds, a dome appears around the Mesmer, any projectiles fired at the Mesmer are re-directed to the Mesmer’s Target.

Also, I think there should be a trait that causes Null Field to reveal stealth targets. Null field can be come a thief sweeper. Heck, maybe make all Glamor skills reveal stealth.

Interesting idea, but way OP’d. In a zerg, you’d down someone instantly with each cast. Since people don’t notice themselves taking damage-as in feedback (as it’s redirected to just one helpless person)…you’d basically spend your whole time looking for the commander, then cast this and kill him.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

How about this:
Feign Death – enter a downed state, when you use the self-heal skill, you immediately rally with the health you had when you cast this plus a small heal. Note this lets you get illusionary assassin…but you can get stomped if you don’t do it right. Also friendlies need some indicator that you’re not really downed, or it’d be a bit annoying to your allies.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Along the lines of GW1’s Fragility, which was a very situational skill, here are some ideas:

• Fragility: A new trait which would inflict a small amount of damage whenever an opponent either gains or loses a condition you placed on them. It would have to be one or the other I think.
  • Tormenting Malice: A new trait which would inflict one stack of torment each time an opponent gains or loses (cumulatively) 5 of any condition you place on them.

Similar ideas could be applied to gaining/losing boons.

Other idea:

• Bountiful Distortion: A new trait which would grant retaliation, fury, and vigor each time you become invulnerable (similar to PU for stealth).
Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: GalloGSM.8139

GalloGSM.8139

Utility spell

Illusionary Weapon – Summons an Illusionary Weapon that mimics the effect of the Phantasm of your currently equip weapon set (without putting it on cool down). Illusionary weapon will switch which Phantasm it mimics when you weapon swap in combat. Illusionary weapon doesn’t count towards the Illusion cap of 3 and cannot shatter via the F1-F4 abilities.

When cast Illusionary Weapon is replaced with the active ability ‘Overload’

Overload – Overload your Illusionary Weapon forcing it to shatter in an AoE around the target it was cast on having a different effect depending on the Phantasm it was mimicing; Torch – Stacks of confusion, GS – Cripple, Pistol – Stacks of bleed, Staff – Stacks of vulnerability, Offhand Sword – Damage, Focus – ?

Illusionary Weapon’s spell effect would just be the weapon the Phantasm it is mimicking holds.

The spells the Illusionary weapons cast would have individual cooldowns e.g. If you’re using sword/pistol and GS your Illusionary weapon could cast Unload then when you weapon swap automatically cast the aoe cripple.

Just an idea i threw together, i love the idea of more Phantasms

^
Imagine Echoing that?!

(edited by GalloGSM.8139)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

PHARAOH.3465

OMG it would be sooo much fun to use in castle defense lmao! Hit some poor sap in the middle, maybe even their commander if lucky….ANET better NOT give such a skill to this mesmer I might never leave WvW!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

PHARAOH.3465

Why am I already planning in my head like the 25% run speed signet is a confirmed update?

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Yeah, Main-hand pistol is a must. The scepter doesn’t cut it for power builds which is why you see very aggressive Mesmer tactics with one-handed sword. Also, I would love to make dual swords viable, can we make the sword phantasm do blurred frenzy or something?

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah, Main-hand pistol is a must. The scepter doesn’t cut it for power builds which is why you see very aggressive Mesmer tactics with one-handed sword. Also, I would love to make dual swords viable, can we make the sword phantasm do blurred frenzy or something?

It barely cuts it for Condition builds either. The ONLY good things

- Clones spawn on target
- Torment when it lands can be a fight winner

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

selan.8354

just give us our ability to stack conditions that actually do dmg back! and maybe one that is not 1v1 balanced.there is a ton of wvw mesmers out there.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Personally, I want to see more control and punishment mechanics given to the Mesmer and less phantasm/shatter based attacks. More active trickery and less passive external dps sources.

Also I would really like to see the Scepter reworked into a purely condition focused weapon.

Gandara

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Preach it the brother who mentioned Blackout, one of my all time favourites bring it back purleazzeeee!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I would love copy / steal / echo skills.

Those would be sooo amazing. Especially if we had a copy/steal for every slot:

• Desperate Mimicry – This skill copies the healing ability the target uses next, or the last-used one if it is currently on cooldown. Lasts 30s on the target, copied skill lasts 60s on the Mesmer. Effects not applicable due to class are ignored.
  • Arcane Mimicry – Copies the next utility ability used by the target. Lasts 10s on the target, copied ability lasts for 1 use or 10s on the Mesmer.
  • Arcane Thievery (elite) – Steals the Elite ability of the target enemy for 6 seconds. Enemy is unable to use their elite ability, cooldown of Arcane Thievery depends on the cooldown of the stolen ability. If not used, incurs a 30s CD.
  • Echo – This skill becomes the utility ability you use. Cooldown is twice the copied ability’s cooldown but never more than 180 seconds.
  • Power Echo – This skill becomes the next weapon ability with a cooldown you use. Cooldown is 50% longer than the copied ability’s cooldown but never more than 45 seconds.
  • Arcane Echo (elite) – This skill becomes the next utility or healing ability you use. Cooldown is 25% longer than the ability copied, but never more than 130 seconds.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

selan.8354

Personally, I want to see more control and punishment mechanics given to the Mesmer and less phantasm/shatter based attacks. More active trickery and less passive external dps sources.

Also I would really like to see the Scepter reworked into a purely condition focused weapon.

very much this!confusion was one of them but anet nerfed it to the ground :-(……i am not much of a shatterbuild or pantasm build fan. if i wanted dps id go thief or warrior, not mesmer!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I like Shatter in concept (together with our Clones, again, in theory), but not the way they’re implemented.

I think our Clones should be ~perfect, but in turn out defence should be the Clones. We need them to survive, we got nothing else.
And then Shatter is our offence, or rather, most of it. It should be really really powerful for how rarely you can use it, since well, it removes your clones.

That’d all require a lot of general reworking, fast clone-generations like DE would need to be changed, Clones would need substantial amounts of HP and defences (probably equal to the main Mesmer), Shatter would need to change entirely, every damage number would need to be redone… meh.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

dual wield GS…i’m just kidding…i really meant to say dual wield focus

a lighter thief

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

An easy thing for Anet to do would be the ability to earn some of the racial skills exclusive to each race. Granted, most of the time they aren’t that great but there are some that have nice fits in certain builds.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

No love for the SUPER PUNISHING gw1 mesmer skills like Shame, Guilt, Mistrust and Diversion (gw1) ? :P

Mistrust: Next time enemy uses a skill besides Auto-attack, enemies nearby take (x) damage. (ends after 6 seconds)

Guilt: Next time foe uses a skill that targets a your allies [besides auto attack], 5 enemies nearby are (dazed?) and lose a boon. (ends after 6 seconds)

Shame: Next time foe uses a skill besides auto-attack, the skill takes an additional (10-20) seconds to recharge. (ends after 6 seconds)

…. oh and let their screens tint a little like DS, but with a fuchsia color so they know they have those on

Oh let the trolling mesmer begin!

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

selan.8354

No love for the SUPER PUNISHING gw1 mesmer skills like Shame, Guilt, Mistrust and Diversion (gw1) ? :P

Mistrust: Next time enemy uses a skill besides Auto-attack, enemies nearby take (x) damage. (ends after 6 seconds)

Guilt: Next time foe uses a skill that targets a your allies [besides auto attack], 5 enemies nearby are (dazed?) and lose a boon. (ends after 6 seconds)

Shame: Next time foe uses a skill besides auto-attack, the skill takes an additional (10-20) seconds to recharge. (ends after 6 seconds)

…. oh and let their screens tint a little like DS, but with a fuchsia color so they know they have those on

Oh let the trolling mesmer begin!

woah i havent played gw1 but mesmer there sounds epic. that’s the kind of stuff i like and i think a mesmer should have similar skills in gw2. yeah there would be qq, but in every mmo i have played, there is skills that will lock u down or mess with your combo, but that’s what makes it fun too though.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Skill that would probably be considered op: Ability to randomly swap Mesmer with its clones without visual effect (and should break targeting like stealth does).

Then we would be really able to hide among our clones.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Gimme back GW 2 equivalents of a lot of Gw 1 Mesmer skills and I’d be really happy. I know we’re never going to get hexes but I want less illusion spamming and more mindkittenery like our GW1 Mesmer counterparts. Pretty please!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ravbek.7938

Ravbek.7938

QUOTE: Shatter Delusions – remove all stacks of confusion on target. Deals X damage to the target per stack removed.

I Like this idea.

Maybe have it thrown onto Mind Wrack (as a trait), this would give the power mesmer a way of using the ambient confusion you get from cry frustration and stuff and also benefit the condition mesmer by giving Mind Wrack that little bit extra damage. This might make MW hit for similar amount whether condition spec or power…

Cybek – Gunnars Hold
Wipus Frequentus – www.wipus.net
Rock Paper Signet – www.rockpapershotgun.com

(edited by Ravbek.7938)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Here’s what (hopefully) will happen in 1-2 years:

Every class gets a new class mechanic, with completely different F-skills. You can’t change in combat, you have to go to your class instructor. Mesmers don’t have to shatter and get different stuff, rangers don’t have to bring a pet anymore, necros don’t have to DS etc.

After 1-2 years, there could be enough new skills and traits ingame to make this possible. I like the shatter functions, but sometimes I want to play something different and the class mechanic (F-Skills) feels more or less useless then. Same for other classes.
With more skills and more traits incoming, you have to remove the class mechanic boundries at some point, and add a new one.

As for new skills, I’m in the same boat as most of you, I really want to see more mindkitten-Mesmer stuff like in GW1. Good suggestions here so far, maybe big brother is watching us.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Andwari.2978

Andwari.2978

GuildWars2 plays 200 Jeahrs (?) after Guildwars1 dosent it? So i dont understand why all the Mesmers outside changed from a “Mind and Feeling manipulator” to an arcane and time illusionist.

I miss the attitute and the arrogance and all the things that the GW1 mesmer had.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

What about:
-Time Warp being affected by Glamour Traits? I mean, seriously, it operates like an Ethereal Field for Combo Finishers, why is this functionality left out?
-An inverse Time Warp. They want us to manipulate time, fine. I want to slow some poor fools down. Call it Chronal Breakdown, or some such.
-A GW2 variant of Illusionary Weaponry. Could be very interesting … give us that almost Psylocke effect. Also goes with all the purple.
-Blinding Befuddlement un-nerfed. That change was foolish and entirely unnecessary.
-Most folk’ll probably hate this one, but it could be worked out: Since 3/4 of Shatters apply some form of ‘special effect,’ why not drop base Mind Wrack DPS a certain amount, but have it apply Torment to even things out?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

-Time Warp being affected by Glamour Traits? I mean, seriously, it operates like an Ethereal Field for Combo Finishers, why is this functionality left out?

No, please please please don’t do this.
Engineers have this with Elixir X, and I really dislike it. It makes Elites better or worse depending on spec, which I feel is really weird. And bad, Elites should be highly distinct and hence selected by context.

A much better way to do it is to have a single trait like the Engineer’s Elite trait. A single trait which improves a single thing about every elite skill. If you want slightly better elites select it, if not, don’t.

I already dislike this part about PU, really. :S
It’s awesome, but Elites should be really powerful on their own, and not be balanced around a potential trait. :S

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

A much better way to do it is to have a single trait like the Engineer’s Elite trait. A single trait which improves a single thing about every elite skill. If you want slightly better elites select it, if not, don’t.

This is a fair point, and a good question. Why does Mesmer lack an “Elite Enhancer” Trait?
Why does any Prof, for that matter?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

GuildWars2 plays 200 Jeahrs (?) after Guildwars1 dosent it? So i dont understand why all the Mesmers outside changed from a “Mind and Feeling manipulator” to an arcane and time illusionist.

I miss the attitute and the arrogance and all the things that the GW1 mesmer had.

Attitude and arrogance are gone because we don’t have 2 god complex monks to heal us while we support 2 line backers that do 20x the dmg a mesmer does. They added a lot more skill animations on purpose so you know what to dodge. Movement is super important now because dedicated healers no longer exist. Actually, as gw1 was, preventing damage (protection line) is always better than repairing damage (healing line).

Moving out of the (Feed [ Back ) Fire] zone is the new hex removal. (Conjure [Phantasm) Zerker] are now nightmare brought to life. Hex removal? Bash the nightmare till it’s gone. “Feeling manipulators” like empathy? Confusion/Retaliation with purple butterflies.

My gw1 mesmer had access to like 600 skills by the time I hit the 7 year old mark. Around 200 of those where hexes from 5 different classes. What was the visual distinction between them? A simple color change in a fraction of the tiny swirl around your enemy. Health bars had a purple down arrow regardless. I loved gw1 but I am so glad that those 400 useless skills without distinct animations are gone now.

Its not 250 years that changed anything. It’s a new game.