New Skills Coming Soon

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thomas.1962

Thomas.1962

And just got another idea.
explode – channel for 2 seconds then shatter into stealth (1 second) dealing heavy damage to nearby enemies.

The explode skill just gave me another idea..

Phantasmal bomb – summon a phantasm that charges for let’s say 10seconds, getting harder to kill every 3 seconds. At 3 seconds it gains perma protection, at 6 seconds it gains perma evade, at 9 seconds it becomes invulnerable. At 10 seconds it will run to the target and explode dealing massive AoE damage.

I think the mentioned times should be doubled in PvP though…

Also I would like a skill that summons all active illusions to your current location.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Since I know they’ve only confirmed new skills and traits. I don’t know how they are going to add them, selectable in each slot like utility skills? In any case, about new weapons…

I would like to see dual wield Magic Boomerangs mind controlled. Flying, perhaps, in an elliptical path to our target and hitting enemies in it, from us to come back to us. (Like pBerserker, not bouncing)

With dual magic boomerangs you can develop really nice skills and amazing animations for those skills. Plus modeling great skins with very sharp blades/contour and animations too.

Allow fly your imagination with them in your hands…

Well, is an idea

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Would love to just well… get utility options that makes me not feel like using Focus so much when i try the other offhands. I.e, temporal curtain-like effect as an utility pick.

As for Mesmer in general, I think it’s easy to stare yourself blind on what type of condition is applied, instead of just looking at the skill description. The game seems to be designed around having multiple conditions around of various types, so I don’t think one should be looking at that when it comes to what fits class x. It’s a gameplay mechanic.

I would love to see a type of shatter spell that either consumes clones to buff active phantasms (stronger buff depending on 1 or 2), or an ability that is like Shatter, but makes you do something phantasm-related off your active phantasms. It can feel a little boring to just have your phantasms out and watch them do their thing – would be fun to be able to influence them a bit more. Not only that but perhaps there could be a skill that allows you to relocate phantasms, for example:

Phantasmal Unity: Your active phantasms teleport to the designated area, dazing/crippling targets withing radius x in a blinding display, also gaining 1 of your active boons randomly.

Or something like that!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

Fast Casting

As a trait line, have it reduce cast time and increase movement speed as passive bonuses. Traits and skills could focus around quickness, interrupts and mobility control.

Traits
- Stolen Speed – gain quickness when you cripple your opponent
- Psychic Instability – knockdown on interrupt
- Smbolic Celerity – activating a signet gives you swiftness
- Persistence of memory – getting interrupted recharges your skills

Skills
- Mantra of Recovery (elite) – recharges all your mantras
- Arcane Languor (elite glamour) – foes’ skills cast inside stack confusion and torment, allies’ skills grant retaliation and swiftness
- Keystone Signet (elite signet) passive effect: signets recharge 50% faster active effect: disables targets skills for 3 seconds

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

more aoe. 100% more aoe. in Zerg fights in wvw I’m able to use chaos storm and then feedback if on my bar and that’s pretty much all the aoe I’ll be able to do

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

We definitely need AoE Polymorph Moa.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

more aoe. 100% more aoe. in Zerg fights in wvw I’m able to use chaos storm and then feedback if on my bar and that’s pretty much all the aoe I’ll be able to do

iZerker is pretty good but after one attack you better shatter because it will be dead in seconds anyway

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i only wish i could have a unique build again. i want more skills and a large diversity for the mesmers! thats why i loved glamour as it was very very different from shatterer and phantasm builds. and so was the immortal build. now everyone has to go power or improvise it feels like. but other classes are the same. most of the thieves only go permastealth as they dont feel powerful enough if they don’t…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

forget mainhand pistol we dont need that (althought it would be nice) give us another Melee weapon PLEASE. And/or Shield. I can live without the Shield but it would be nice to have it since no LA class uses one. Back to melee, we desperately need another melee weapon. Preferably axe but mace can work too

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evion.6298

Evion.6298

Please reduce the cool down on shatter skills diversion and distortion so it is worth using them, another blast finisher would be nice with the random application of 4 stacks of vulnerability, blindness or confusion, perhaps in a dagger off hand or a scepter off hand, increase the speed of scepter it’s jus too boring, increase the healing per clone or add condition removal traits, reduce the cool down of mirror of anguish a lot.

Underwater combat needs a new mechanic make it more fun improve the accuracy of spear add new weapons and area of effects

(edited by Evion.6298)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winterhart.9530

Winterhart.9530

Are they going to add more skills to each weapon skills as well ? e.g. you can choose 5 out of 10 weapon skills for 2 handers, or 3 out of 10 weapon skills for 1 hander.

because that would be awesome!
I really wish its not just for utility slots.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

A few Ideas:
-Partial Shatters: shatter clones only.
-Traits which allow for +1 clone; a grandmaster Shatter-line, perhaps.

Cosmetic:
-display health of clones/phantasms in each respective bubble.
-display two rows of dot; the top dots for clones, the bottom for phantasms.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Are they going to add more skills to each weapon skills as well ? e.g. you can choose 5 out of 10 weapon skills for 2 handers, or 3 out of 10 weapon skills for 1 hander.

because that would be awesome!
I really wish its not just for utility slots.

VERY unlikely, they are having trouble just balancing this lot. Each weapon having another 5 skills would just be a nightmare to balance.

It would be nice though, because everyone pretty much knows the skills you have on your weapon set. Give it 2-3 extra options, make it so Auto attack cant be changed but allow 2-3 of the other skills to be changed out.

Just think of all the bugs and issues that would create lol

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

Some ideas and suggestions:

Skills:

• Teleportation:
    Manipulation
    Teleports you in the direction you are moving (range 900).
    When standing still you teleport backwards.
    Also removes all crowed controll effects.
  • Mass-Sleep:
    Manipulation
    Nearby Enemies fall into deep-sleep for 5 seconds.
    The effect also breakes after the enemy suffers damage, equal to 7,5% of his maximum health.
  • Chaos-Orb:
    Manipulation
    Summon a Choas-Orb, that shoots up to 10 Chaos-Beams onto enemies within a range of 900.
    There can be up to 3 Chaos-Orbs at the same time.
    Lasts up to 12 seconds.
  • Chaos-Feedback:
    Glamour
    Create a dome arround your foes, dealing x damage to all enemies, using any skill.
    Lasts 6 seconds.
  • Chaos-Shackle:
    Manipulation
    Applies Chaos-Shackle for 10 seconds.
    Causes movement to deal damage to the affected enemy and to all nearby enemies.
    This effect can be triggered up to 4 times.
    Chaos-Shackle can not be removed.
  • Chaos-Touch:
    Manipulation
    Applies Chaos-Touch for 10 seconds to an enemy, suffering x damage over 10 seconds.
    Furthermore, Choas-Flashes, like the ones from a Tesla inductor, jump onto opponents within a range of 450, causing damage as well.
    Chaos-Touch can not be removed.
  • Chained-Junction:
    Manipulation
    A Chaos-Chain links the Mesmer to an opponent for 6 seconds.
    During this time, the opponent suffers x damage.
    In addition to that the opponent‘s speed is reduced by 60%, and the Mesmers speed is improved by 30%.
    Every enemy touching the Chaos-Chain also receives damage and gets their speed reduced by 60% for 3 seconds.
    Chained-Junction can not be removed.

Traits:

• Phantasmal Healing:
    Range 1200
    You and allies are healed by x% of the damage done by your Phantasms.
    Critical hits of your Phantasms grants you and allies Regeneration for 5 seconds.
  • Chaos-Port:
    Summon a Clone, when using Blink or Teleportation.
  • Improved Chained-Junction:
    Chained-Junction heals the Mesmer by x% of the damge, done by Chained-Junction.

(edited by Azathoth.2098)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Oh goodie, more broken skills and traits that do not function with each other at all.
Been waiting 9 months for Temporal Curtain to get fixed so it doesn’t block you out of any other swiftness buff. Still waiting. You think they’re going to fix any of the – unavoidably many – bugs with these new skills and traits? I highly doubt it.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

I don’t think that they “fix” it. It would cause Zergs that have at least 2 mesmers to have swiftness the whole time. Everything has advantages and disadvantages.
Every other speedbuff can only affect up to 5 players but can be stacked.
Our speedbuff affects ALL players but does not stack the duration

I think they’re quite happy with this solution. Else they’d have to set the maxtargets to 5 players. with a buff like portal has.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Wowzers. That’s one hell of a necro. Wrong forum perhaps?

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Epic necro, GG.
Though it’s been 3 months since they announced this and yet no new skills (Besides 2 conditions) has been added.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Epic necro, GG.
Though it’s been 3 months since they announced this and yet no new skills (Besides 2 conditions) has been added.

This -.-’

I read the title and got rly excited.

…then I realized it was 3 month old :/

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Haha new skill “Thread Resurrection” finds a three month old thread and resurrects it, the Mesmer is unable to do damage until thread dies again.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I want a fan as a weapon

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

• More AOE skills - Zumi
  • Speed Signet - Practically every Mesmer that has an alt or is tired of speccing Centaur Runes.

This!

• AOE zone that applies Torment and/or Confusion. Perhaps from a Phantasm - True Seeker
  • Pulsing AOE Pull like Vortex/Into the Void. // A skill that increases enemy cooldowns and/or decreases ally cooldowns. - tornjorn
  • Visage Swap “User and enemy switch appearance, allowing for the enemy to be targeted by their allies.” – Blaeys

“Misdirection” – Glamour skill: For X seconds, a dome appears around the Mesmer, any projectiles fired at the Mesmer are re-directed to the Mesmer’s Target.

-Spirit Shackles (Grand master Illusion) You transfer 30% of dmg you take to nearby clones or Phantoms

Manipulating:
-Blackout(45s cd) Daze you foe for 5s and apply torment< just cant ressist
-Backfire(30s Cd) for next 5s you redirect 50% of dmg to attacker<just wish

Signets:
Signet of Lyssa(30S CD)
Out of Combat: move speed increased by 25%
In combat: Reduce Crowd Control effects by 25%
On use: Gain quickness(3s), remove all conditions and boons form yourself. (some kind out of combat ms, and usable effect in combat, and decent active)

Really great ideas!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Misdirection? This is how mimic should work…

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Actually I would love to see a new elite skill called Blackout, causing aoe on the target and 1200 radius around him to cause 2/3 seconds daze up to 10 targets.
120 seconds cooldown.
Would at least give mesmers 2 choices of elites to pick in raids.

Another skill I would think would be amazing is something like a sort of ’’debuff’’ the enemy would get for like 10 seconds to remove boons around his allies in a 240 radius to lose 1 boon every second. This might break those kittened melee trains to stack guardians and warriors so much and get some variety in the classes they should run.

I guess manipulation and 90 seconds cooldown would do.

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Echo: Mimics the last skill used. CD = 2x original skill CD.

Mimic: Now absorbs all projectiles and blocks attacks for 4 seconds. After the duration you can cast the skill again (if something absorbed) and shoot everything against a single target. Also grants Stability for 4 seconds.

Elite: Dazing Gaze: Everything that faces you gets dazed for 2 sec. Duration 10 sec. CD 120.

^.^

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I think it is blatantly obvious now that ‘anti-toxin spray’ is an example of the new skills being introduced.

So don’t get your hopes up, folks.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

There are new skills AND traits coming. Not just some “I need this for that dungeon” skills. They said to introduce such things for new combinations with new and old traits and skills. There is definitly new content coming, and I’m not talking about the LS.

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I think it is blatantly obvious now that ‘anti-toxin spray’ is an example of the new skills being introduced.

So don’t get your hopes up, folks.

It’s one of the ways.

I personally hope to see more racial skills. At least avatar forms for all human gods would be nice.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

…. and it will take another year to balance them and fix bugs!

HOOORAYYYY!!

New Skills Coming Soon

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Well, plenty of the current skills aren’t really balanced. Actually iMage, scepter mechanic, phantasm support skills, veil, and many traits are currently imba.