New Weapons

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I would love dual daggers, a longbow, a melee greatsword, dual axes, and a hammer.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Offhand Staff – Gandalf like! Or a spear. A spear would be so cool!!!

A shortbow or longbow with illusion arrows.. oh man that would be awesome, too.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I still don’t think that I would go into war with a deck of cards. It’s the wrong game for … cards. A skill with cards for utilities or between the fans like knifes ok, but never as a weapon.

You should play League of Legends → Twisted Fate

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades, people like you still amaze me. We are unorthodox and as proof, we use greatswords as max ranged weapons. You have to stop thinking conventionally. Where you see a shortbow, I see a Klingon battl’th. When you wonder what’s the point of a main hand focus, I see Syndra from League of Legends. When you think of cards as just projectile weapons, I see them being gathered into a shield.

You have to open your mind to the possibilities. Think like a mesmer!

I know what you mean, and I do think outside the box, but am also looking at it from the game current point of view. Some weapon idea as good as they sound just wont fit into GW2 surroundings. More so, the is no need given the class a skill that is already available for other class. e.g. MH pistol. If one want to use duel pistol there is a class for that.

Thinking about it we already duel pistol, not us as the players but our illusions.

The card idea I like a lot, and I also see a lot of use in it for our class, (Like Genjuro Kibagami from Samurai Shodown II, ) using card to add him and block and attack. Gambit from Xmen.

The Fan is also another good idea, but you also have to look at other class and see if they can also take advantage of them without limiting it to just Light armor class.

Don’t get me wrong I see where you are coming, I m not closed minded, just don’t think does ideas are feasible or needed.

What about orb type weapons, has anyone thought about that?

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

More so, the is no need given the class a skill that is already available for other class. e.g. MH pistol. If one want to use duel pistol there is a class for that.

But why? As long as their is a significant difference when it comes to skills I feel that it is legitimate. Engineers and Thieves got a very different skill set on P/P. Where it probably didn’t work out that well is Hammer on Warriors and Guardians since both are quite similar. Yet I don’t see why it should not happen.

What I don’t want to see is a class with Dagger MH and Sword OH. Just feels wrong.

The Fan is also another good idea, but you also have to look at other class and see if they can also take advantage of them without limiting it to just Light armor class.

As pointed out by others, it could work for Elementalists and Guardians and maybe even for Thieves if the weapon design is diverse enough to serve different styles of the classes.

What about orb type weapons, has anyone thought about that?

I always felt that the Focus is supposed to represent that kind of weapon. It might not be that obvious with certain skins but there are some which are very Orb like (e.g. Anomalie). I personally would miss distinctiveness if such a weapon was introduced.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Greataxe:

1. Swing, Slash, Strike
    AA 1 and 2 cripple (short time) and do meele dmg. 3rd AA does more dmg but no condition
  2. Illusion of Pain -> Burst
    meele strike that leaves an illusionary greataxe in the enemys body that inflicts confusion and can be shattered (with “Burst”) to inflict dmg
  3. Leap -> Swap
    Similar to iLeap but you leap and create a clone on your position you can swap with (you deal dmg so no immobilize)
  4. iDeathsman
    a phantasm that charges the target to launc it
  5. Illusionary Gravity -> Decapitation
    A. pulls up to 3 foes (range 450; 450 pull; 90° in front of you )
    D. powerful attack that deals dmg
Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

(edited by Me Games Ma.8426)

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

1. iDeathsman

Dont you mean a phantasm that does the charge animation while standing still and then turn 180 degrees to launch whatever target is behind it?

It has to match the performance of the other Phantasms or it would be OP.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

If a new melee weapon was introduced it would be funny if it mirrowed the Greatsword in the sense of focussing on close combat although being a ranged weapon. For example, a Shortbow could actually fit the class design of a Duelist. A two-handed Axe doesn’t sound sophisticated enough. I don’t want to play a purple Warrior.

Just a quick idea. Main focus of this weapon is CC to benefit lockdown and interrupt builds. It is tailored for melee damage but brings slightly less damage than Sword because of its area effects. It could work in either glassy dps builds or in more durable bunker builds. It also encourages stealthless fighting.

Mesmer Shortbow

1.1 Ether Wave. Shoot a sonic wave to hurt nearby foes.
1.2 Ether Tide. Shoot another wave at your foes.
1.3 Ether Surge. Shoot a stronger weave which weakens your foes.
Basic 3 stage AA. Hits your enemies in a frontal cone. Half the range of Guardian Staff but stronger. Lower overall damage than Sword AA. Third hit applies a short Weakness to nearby enemies. This is the main way of mitigating damage on this weapon.

2.1 Cupids Arrow. Daze your foe with an arrow and port to his location.
2.2 Cupids Retreat. Port back to your orignial location and cure one condition.
Gap closer. Shoot a purple arrow (swarm of butterflies or flame) at your foe which shortly dazes him (either 1s single target or 1/2s point blanket) when you appear at his location since we all know that Mesmers are just stunning . Meant as interrupt and not as lockdown. Could be a Leap finisher. Reversed Mesmer Sword mechanic and similar to Thief Sword.

3. Cupids Crush. Spin around your foe and crush him with your bow.
Spawns an Illusion at your initial position and gain Distortion (supposed to work with traits) while spinning around your foe. One hit with high damage to your target and medium cleave damage. Deals extra damage if the target is affected by Weakness to make it less of a no brainer. Opposite of the multi-hit Blurred Frenzy.

4. Illusionary Archer. Summon an Illusionary Archer which chills your foes.
Illusionary Archer shoots purple icy arrows into the sky. creating an ice field around your target. Your foes are damaged and chilled untill they leave the affected area. Could be an ice combo field. Basically a ranged version of the iZerker but with less damage.

5.1 Cupids Embrace. Vortex which pulls and damages nearby foes.
5.2 Cupids Rejection. Deal damage to nearby enemies and strip their boons in a burst.
Shoot an arrow into the sky at your position, creating a purple vortex which pulls nearby foes towards you so you can keep attacking them. The second attack makes the Vortex explode, dealing point blanket damage and stripping boons from your enemy. Deals additional damage if your foes don’t have any boons. Could be a Burst Finisher.

(edited by Xaylin.1860)

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

1. iDeathsman

Dont you mean a phantasm that does the charge animation while standing still and then turn 180 degrees to launch whatever target is behind it?

It has to match the performance of the other Phantasms or it would be OP.

Maybe my bad english again. I meant charge like this (skill 2, 3, 4) or rather like this
The idea was that it workes like the rush of the warriors greatsword.
Maybe it could launch the foe only if it startet the rush from at least 1000 units away?

Description would be like this:
Phantasm. Creates a phantasm that uses a rush attack to damage and launch foes.

• Damage if range is greater than 1000: mid (to balance launch)
  • Damage if range is less than 1000: high (like ‘normal’ phantasms)
  • Launch if range is greater than 1000: 450
  • Phantasmcooldown: 6-8s

So it will launch foes that run alot (helps us to chase since we’re the slowest profession ever) but deal less dmg to them. Also it shouldn’t be a big problem for an enemy to kill it because it’d stay at its current position until the next attack

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hmm i like the cards idea…maybe make it an aoe weapon ;-)

but what i also would like to see is a whip and mh pistol. whip could have some aoe a whip phantasm and maybe a pull or so….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

To tell the true i don’t want the game to end up like perfect world

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

• Upward-Spring:
    Virtuoso: The Spring
    The Mesmer springs all 52 cards upwards into the air where they fly in a high arc to rush down to the target, dealing damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Back-Flip / Forward-Spring:
    Virtuoso: The Spring
    The Mesmer springs all 52 cards forward in a straight line onto his target which sufffers damage.
    While doing so, the Mesmer teleports / rushes backwards.
  • Card-Trap:
    The Mesmer summons a card on the ground at the selected area.
    When enemies come close, the cards will straighten up and shoot Chaos-Beams (up to 10 times each) at the targets, dealing damage.
    There can be up to 3 Card-Traps active simultaneously.
    Lasts 15 seconds.
  • Anaconda:
    Anaconda by Bone Ho
    bone-Anaconda
    The Mesmer summons a Card-Anaconda at the selected area that spits Chaos-Orbs, which explode on impact, causing damage to enemies near the explosion.
    Lasts 15 seconds.
  • Cobra-Cut:
    De’vo’s cobra cut preview
    Cobra
    Bone Ho – King Cobra Cut
    The Mesmer summons a deck of cards, which is open on one of the long sides, just like an opened snake mouth, flying from enemy to enemy, dealing damage.
    Afterwards, the Cobra-Deck will fly back to the Mesmer, healing him for 50% of the total damage done.
  • Tornado-Cut:
    52 Cards revolve around the Mesmer in a wide radius.
    Enemies within the the card-circle suffer damage each 0,5 seconds and are chilled for 3 seconds.
    Enemies directly hit by the cards suffer more damage each 0,5 seconds and are immobilized for 1 second.
  • Thunderbird – 1, 2, 3, 4 Aces:
    Lee Asher- Thunderbird
    Virtuoso: Thunderbird Ace Production
    Thunderbird- Ace production
    The 4 Aces appear and rotate clockwise around the Mesmer for 6 seconds.
    In doing so, each Ace blocks one attack.
    After each block an Ace will be destroyed.
    As long as at least one Ace is active the Mesmer receives Retaliation.
  • -> Flying-Aces:
    All remaining Aces will fly towards your enemy, dealing enormous damage. Each Ace will afflict one stack of Confusion to the target.
  • Pickup 52
    Mesmer sprays cards all over the ground.
    Causes 50% of all enemy players drop to their knees and begin picking up the cards. The other 50% stand their indignantly, arms folded, telling you that’s a stupid game and that they’re not playing.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Seriously, ask for too much and you end up with empty hands. No, not a cards metaphor.
Imo a MH pistol would suffice, as a main hand power based range weapon is the painfully missing puzzle piece.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah but mh pistol will be another single target dueling 1v1 thing. we already got alll that. i would love to have a mh option for pistol, but mesmer needs an aoe weapon. staff is not an aoe weapon. it has chaos storm and a single target phantasm with an ultra slow aa and an overnerfed chaos armor.

i mean more like an aoe weapon like the necro staff has all marks, the mesmer should have something like that with multiple target hits. less 1v1 more multi target

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

Scythe…someone? Or Illusion weapons (like ritualist weapons in Gw1 but with a illusion style to it).

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Off-dagger would fit!

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.6158

messiah.6158

the play card are amazing for my idea. i want it right now! Mesmer with card coud be spectacular i think.
I love the idea that mesmer could use a shield but the card are really fantastic idea.

Mostly powerful with a possible confusion/torment build. I would like it could be 2 hands weapons for powerful strenght.
I guess legendary card!! omg sbav

Iki Messiah -Mesmer- Commander -ASFP General Commander [Piken Square]

(edited by messiah.6158)

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

the play card are amazing for my idea. i want it right now! Mesmer with card coud be spectacular i think.
I love the idea that mesmer could use a shield but the card are really fantastic idea.

Mostly powerful with a possible confusion/torment build. I would like it could be 2 hands weapons for powerful strenght.
I guess legendary card!! omg sbav

Once again, we run into the issue of only mesmer really being able to use cards as a weapon. The only other class that would make any sense would be Necro with a Tarot deck or something of the sort (Death card and such).

I don’t dislike the idea as an idea, but the practicality of adding a new weapon that only really fits one class just kills it in my mind.

As far as playing a different class to get MH Pistol, just look at Greatsword. On 3 other classes they have similar uses and skills as a melee weapon, however, in the hands of a mesmer it becomes a completely different beast doing ranged damage. I want a MH pistol because the animations are by and large already in the game, there are plenty of ways to make it’s skills different than a thief or engi (no unload skill please), and it fits the “duelist” style of mesmer while giving us a main hand ranged power weapon.

I agree we need better aoe, and if a whip is ever added it could easily fill that role for us (aoe/control). I don’t see this as a “this or that” type deal, both could be added, especially since whip animations are in game for elementalists and the sylvari.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Fan should more be mh AND oh. Short range cleave, maybe even a “+25% speed while wearing a fan” trait etc.

How do you wear a fan!?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Fan should more be mh AND oh. Short range cleave, maybe even a “+25% speed while wearing a fan” trait etc.

How do you wear a fan!?

Like this :p

Attachments:

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: hazahampo.4286

hazahampo.4286

I would love to +1 xaylin’s shortbow idea already thinking of loads of cool combos with it

Rishi The Pink-Warrior Lyss Braveheart-Mesmer

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: jarthur.3649

jarthur.3649

have to say i like the idea of Mesmer getting cards for a weapon, and agree with it would basically be a Mesmer only weapon. so to solve this give each class a weapon no other class gets, just some sample ideas would be warriors gets a spear, guardians get a two handed great shield, rangers get a great bow. not really sure what kind of skill would go with the weapons.

New Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Main-hand pistol would make me very happy, so I’m not stuck with either Scepter is simply annoying in a phantasm build by only using AA chain 1-2 or a overly situational weapon like Greatsword.

I personally would prefer it if weapons stayed things I’d consider weapons, cards doesn’t quite fit that or the image I have with mesmer, but I’m very alone in that. A bow with illusionary arrows sounds quite attractive like Xaylin suggested. If it’s Cupid-themed I wish I didn’t make my Elementalist so Cupid-like but my mesmer.

But all in all, any variety they add would be welcomed by me. Even more if they come with the whisperblade-like skins. (Cliché, I know, but it’s purple pink and glows, sue me.)