New air and fire sig for shatter builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

Q:

So now that air and fire sigils hit for 2/3 of their previous damage, are these still optimal for shatter mes (pvp)?

(edited by Demandred.7930)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

If this was an intended nerf, air/fire will be required even more than before. Mesmer burst has been extremely neutered, especially considering the mirror blade nerf.

That should have never happened if this was planned; at least before they could observe how such a huge damage nerf would affect damage from all classes.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

I am confused. The sigils have been nerfed awhile ago. Did they ninja the sigils this last patch or recently?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

I wouldn’t say our burst is neutered but I’m curious to see if these changes are going to bring new ways for people to complain about us or will people keep saying it’s not enough.

Edit: To answer your question op, yes, we already get the crit chance that we need from amulets/runes so air/fire on gs is still the most optimal. While I like to run energy/x on my other weapon set.

(edited by Raunchy.6891)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I am confused. The sigils have been nerfed awhile ago. Did they ninja the sigils this last patch or recently?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Sigils-of-Air-and-Fire-stealth-nerfed/first#post5334689

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

This is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread. They hammer Mesmer into the ground, then make a sweeping change once they realise that Mesmers only seemed OP because of a systemic problem elsewhere, and they forget to revert the knee-jerk Mesmer nerfs.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

It definitely hurts our burst. Guess we’re slowly going back to people facetanking Mirror Blade Bursts and really taking at least 2 to actually go down. I wouldn’t care so much if amulets we reevaluated overall, but I definitely feel the damage lost when I’m fighting people, especially D/D eles. Fought one on point and just couldn’t get him below like 40% because after a burst+some took him there, I just couldn’t seal the deal before his allies showed up. Kinda sucks, but I guess I’ll live.

Throw in the Harmonious nerf as well and it seems like Anet wanted to try slowly toning down mesmer’s damage from several sources, just all at the same time.

(edited by Necrotize.2974)

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Thanks didn’t notice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Throw in the Harmonious nerf as well and it seems like Anet wanted to try slowly toning down mesmer’s damage from several sources, just all at the same time.

Of course that is the plan. It’s quite obvious. For some reason people did not realize this would happen and they even asked for nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Of course that is the plan. It’s quite obvious. For some reason people did not realize this would happen and they even asked for nerfs.

The problem is they nerf everything wrong.
There was no need to nerf the harmonious mantra trait especially since they fixed the mantra’s.
If they were going to nerf fire and air. Then they should have waited before they nerfed mirror blade.

It’s kinda basically what me and some other’s were afraid would happen.
We tell Anet what needs to be nerfed.
They nerf 3 other things that don’t need to be nerfed, then nerf everything else afterwards.

Why should we continue to give ground and point out broken things or things that would put mesmer in line if all anet is going to do is ignore use, nerf other things for no reason then stomp us into the ground later while not fixing bugs or buffing useless traits for 6-8 months.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

It might be our own fault. It you use reverse logic, Anet can’t favor players on the forums so our suggestions are almost examples of changes that won’t happen.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

If this is really an intended change I’d say we should go with “Superior Sigil of Impact”.
Most of out burst builds are based of the idea of using Mantra of Distraction in combination with Confounding Suggestions in order to stun the opponent in preperation for the burst. Sigil of Impact would give us a 10% damage boost for all hits we manage to get within the 1.25s of the stun.

Bug:
For all who are thinking about using Impact with “Superior Sigil of Paralyzation”, it will not increase the stun duration by another 30%. It seems to not stack at all (only the 30% from the sigil are applied to the effect, 25% from CS are left out)
Maybe this is intended because Signet of Domination would stack to up to 4.75s stun if both were equipped

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So just make a different build. I dont get the problem. I been playing my mes since game launched, this came out, I tried it out, hated cuz another x10000000th variant of zerker style of which am so sick and tired after couple years, except in open world PVE where these changes are irrelevant anyways, ditched it. Am still plowing through on different builds. Problem solved.

Why can’t you all guys do the same ?

Only overall issue I see with mes is that the condi patch did not do its job and it still sucks in PvE, but in PvP there are still a ton of great viable options. Get away from the FOTM (and I dont mean fractals) mindset and you’ll do just fine.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The nerf really doesn’t hurt our burst at all. The air fire sigil proc somewhere between 1-1.5k. So we lost in total like 600 damage which is like less than 10% our burst.

However, the constant pressure from auto attack will be reduced by quite a bit. So even if you land a burst on class like DD ele, he can still recover back easily as long as he doesn’t eat a second full burst.

To be honest, it doesn’t only affect mesmer. Thief and ranger should also be affected, probably even more.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

MBlade bounce reduction + sigils nerf do hurt. Though I’m ok with sigils, but have seriuos doubts about MB

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

It’s kinda basically what me and some other’s were afraid would happen.
We tell Anet what needs to be nerfed.
They nerf 3 other things that don’t need to be nerfed, then nerf everything else afterwards.

Exactly.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

It might be our own fault. It you use reverse logic, Anet can’t favor players on the forums so our suggestions are almost examples of changes that won’t happen.

It is our fault. Many of our own are calling for various tweaks and nerfs after the June 23rd patch, and now we again are the only class that received the most “bug fixes” and nerfs.

Interestingly havent seen much of the community leaders on here commenting about the MB nerf, I guess they dont use the weapon or build that benefits from it.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

(edited by rchu.8945)

in Mesmer

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

Since Air still works off a five second ICD, I’d pick Fire over it unless you’re dueling. As for alternatives, Hydromancy is pretty nice on GS to connect that PB-GS2. Double energy is still pretty handy regardless of what you decide. Hobbling + Condi Food + Imagined Burden makes for an interesting kiting build.

(edited by expandas.7051)

in Mesmer

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

It definitely hurts our burst. Guess we’re slowly going back to people facetanking Mirror Blade Bursts and really taking at least 2 to actually go down. I wouldn’t care so much if amulets we reevaluated overall, but I definitely feel the damage lost when I’m fighting people, especially D/D eles. Fought one on point and just couldn’t get him below like 40% because after a burst+some took him there, I just couldn’t seal the deal before his allies showed up. Kinda sucks, but I guess I’ll live.

omg 2 mirror blade bursts to get someone downed?!?!?!? say it isnt so!?!?? You might have to actually fight a player for 10 seconds to land 2 mirror blades??!?!?!? omfg the world is gonna end…

mesmer confirmed dead

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

Why so much amusement? You should fight against golem or afk guy to land 2 MB-shatter burst in 10-15s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Except the ele easily heals to full during that 10s, so all your efforts are for naught.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Air Fire nerf sounds awesome because it affects the burst other class do on us.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

omg 2 mirror blade bursts to get someone downed?!?!?!? say it isnt so!?!?? You might have to actually fight a player for 10 seconds to land 2 mirror blades??!?!?!? omfg the world is gonna end…

mesmer confirmed dead

That’s assuming they do absolutely nothing to counter any of your burst. Might as well say 100 Blades is OP because if I stand there twiddling my thumbs for 3 seconds I might die. Tankier classed didn’t, and probably now don’t, even have to try to mitigate the damage from mesmer’s bursts because it just isn’t bursty enough. That fight with the D/D ele went on for ages, simply because with all the nerfs to damage, he just wouldn’t drop below 30-40%, and if I missed a Mirror Burst, he was almost back up to full by the time it was off cd again. People said Blinding Dissipation was OP because it lacked counterplay. No one seems to care that some classes don’t even need counterplay to survive mesmer burst now.

in Mesmer

dank.3680

mesmer confirmed dead

That’s assuming they do absolutely nothing to counter any of your burst. Might as well say 100 Blades is OP because if I stand there twiddling my thumbs for 3 seconds I might die. Tankier classed didn’t, and probably now don’t, even have to try to mitigate the damage from mesmer’s bursts because it just isn’t bursty enough. That fight with the D/D ele went on for ages, simply because with all the nerfs to damage, he just wouldn’t drop below 30-40%, and if I missed a Mirror Burst, he was almost back up to full by the time it was off cd again. People said Blinding Dissipation was OP because it lacked counterplay. No one seems to care that some classes don’t even need counterplay to survive mesmer burst now.

I don’t know what to tell you I don’t have problems killing eles.. Of course I fight them for awhile, avoid their big attacks, bait dodges heals and utilities with fakes and mini bursts, before you know I decide to blow my load so to speak..

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

May we see any of your videos from 1×1 server against decent ele? Distubin Angel for example?
Just for l2p sake.

(edited by Mak.2657)

in Mesmer

dank.3680

May we see any of your videos from 1×1 server against decent ele? Distubin Angel for example?
Just for l2p sake.

the fuk? You think every player in this game runs a youtube or something?? You some kind of fanboy trolling me? How bout lets look at your vids of how badly mesmer fails fighting ele and we can talk about why?

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

the fuk?
Am I saying I’m good or bad vs ele? You did though. Asking u bring vids to 1) see it if wasn’t just words; 2) l2p if you do really handle them well.
If you haven’t videos and don’t wish to makethem – just say it. I can live with it.
I haven’t vids.

(edited by Mak.2657)

in Mesmer

dank.3680

the fuk?
Am I saying I’m good or bad vs ele? You did though. Asking u bring vids to 1) see it if wasn’t just words; 2) l2p if you do really handle them well.
If you haven’t videos and don’t wish to makethem – just say it. I can live with it.
I haven’t vids.

I don’t record my gameplay.. I just play. Again, I can still handle eles just as well as I always could. Maybe it has something to do with a lot of ele hours logged I don’t know.. It just seems easy to me to work around their rotations.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

the fuk?
I haven’t vids.

I don’t record my gameplay.. I just play. Again, I can still handle eles just as well as I always could. Maybe it has something to do with a lot of ele hours logged I don’t know.. It just seems easy to me to work around their rotations.

Fighting a good ele on point is not possible as a power shatter mesmer. They have too much continual aoe spam and condition spam to sustain against them. Maybe you could poke at them from 1200 range for a while, but you wouldn’t do enough damage to stop them from just healing through your damage.

If you’ve somehow figured out a way to counter them, feel free to explain it in detail, but I and everyone else are just going to assume that you’ve been fighting bad eles, since that’s the easiest way to be tricked into thinking you can kill them.

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

It just seems easy to me to work around their rotations.

Mb. Haven’t much exp as ele.
Just I have another experience vs good d/d cele eles.
If I recall correctly even at esl matches thieves and mesmers just leave enemy cele eles on a spot if 1vs1 because of it is just a waste of time. They only do +1 vs eles.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It just seems easy to me to work around their rotations.

Mb. Haven’t much exp as ele.
Just I have another experience vs good d/d cele eles.
If I recall correctly even at esl matches thieves and mesmers just leave enemy cele eles on a spot if 1vs1 because of it is just a waste of time. They only do +1 vs eles.

This is the correct choice. Yeah, you can try to burst them the instant they swap out of water, but there are a lot of obvious problems to that. The biggest problem is that the ele themselves know that that’s the proper time to burst them…so a good ele is ready to avoid a burst. Another problem is that even landing most of a burst at that point won’t actually kill the ele entirely, and their water attunement is back up before your burst is.

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

Yep, I can wait till ele right out of water and out of dodges, but they then can defense themselves with earth, kiting, evading, while water is refreshing, etc. And ofc talking about good eles. In recent duels vs not very experienced cele d/d won with score like 19/20, though it took so much time…

(edited by Mak.2657)