New elite: Illusion of retreat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Edenfer.9816

Edenfer.9816

How about new situational elites, not game changing but useful/fun. My idea:

Illusion of retreat [recharge 75]

-Teleport away from target in a purple path to the 900 range mark
-Destroy all illusions, gaining 1 stack of might + 2 secs of regeneration per illusion
-Summon -surrounding the opponent in a triangle formation- either 3:

• IDuelists
  • IBerzerkers
  • Phantasms linked to your currently equipped weapon
    they attack after a delay of 2 seconds to give the opponent a chance to react.

In case the art team has time, replace the IDuelists/IBerzerkers with nightmarish illusions or give them some special effects.

The idea is that to have a skill that is both offensive/defensive.
In case it’s weak or op, it could be tweaked:

• boons granted by illusion
  • illusions lasting for a specific time only/one single attack
  • position of the phantasms

What do you think?

Edit: I changed the range of the teleport, removed a stack might, added a delay to the first attack.

(edited by Edenfer.9816)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The boons don’t matter. The combination of 1500 Phase Retreat while summoning three bursty Phantams ontop of your target is way out of line, though. Unless you are facing a bunker build people will be wrecked without any way to reach you because you are 1500 units away.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I think it would be nice to have even though it will most likely be OP. Reduce 1500 range to 1200, make the illusions last for 1 attack only, remove the might and I think it could be put in. Though other classes should get a new elite then as well.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

Sounds like you just want a button to instantly save your kitten , but we have plenty of ways to avoid damage otherwise without some OP elite. The teleport would be nice I agree but the three high DPS phantasms is overkill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

It IS kinda weird that not a single one of our elites has any relation to illusions whatsoever. They are completely disconnected from traits, other skills, even damage… it’s all utility skills.

in Mesmer

Edenfer.9816

It’s an elite it’s supposed to be a more powerful version of normal skills, in this case phase retreat. Instead of using having to use a staff or blink, we take this one + some offensive capabilities.

I imagined it as being used towards the end of the fight but having three phantasms in the beginning could be ugly (for them ^^). I’ll edit some stuff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Summoning 3 iZerkers at once against someone in 1v1 can very easily kill a lot of classes in 1 hit, if not after the initial hit + a shatter.

How about this?

Sacrificial Illusion (1 second cast, 90 second CD)

Fully heal all summoned illusions and (possibly) multiplies their HP by (some number). Tether yourself to your illusions and until those illusions are destroyed, any damage you take is transferred to your illusions instead, and any conditions you would have been inflicted with is inflicted on an illusion instead.

Tethered illusions will not be replaced by other illusions from trait or skill use.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

^ i like that

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

That is much more balanced

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dess.4391

Dess.4391

I know this idea is completely diferent from your sugestion but your idea for an elite made me think another. Ok half diferent, its still a movement skill that sumons ilusions…

How about Ilusionary Blink (manipulation)? Could be Ilusionary Asault maybe? I just realize Ilusionary Blink sounds a bit dumb :P

Blink to targuet location (900 range). Just like blink.
Summon 3 Clones surrounding the opponent in a square formation
Breaks stunts.
Drops target (otherwise it would be pointless)

And of course affected by traits to reduce CDs and increase range.

It is tied to ilusions and offers mesmers specialties: anoyance and in-combat mobility.

CD? I have no idea. Its not highly offensive, its probably not so game changing but it feels elite.

in Mesmer

Edenfer.9816

@Xae Isareth:
I like the idea but I wonder if it’s thematically more fit to a necromancer than a mesmer.

Like destroy all current minions, then summon 3 Aatxes and tether them so that they take half of the damage/condition damage you receive. Lasts for 30 seconds, recharge 60 seconds.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

@Xae Isareth:
I like the idea but I wonder if it’s thematically more fit to a necromancer than a mesmer.

Like destroy all current minions, then summon 3 Aatxes and tether them so that they take half of the damage/condition damage you receive. Lasts for 30 seconds, recharge 60 seconds.

It was an extension of iDefender’s concept.

I always though Mesmers are based on the idea of manipulating things. So I thought an elite which focused on manipulating the enemy’s attacks fits well.

in Mesmer

Edenfer.9816

It was an extension of iDefender’s concept.

I always though Mesmers are based on the idea of manipulating things. So I thought an elite which focused on manipulating the enemy’s attacks fits well.

I figured it was, but in its current form I feel that it gives a lot of sustain for a class that is mobile and has high bursts.

It needs tweaking, maybe if it protected you from 75% of damage but made you deal 25% less damage or some other trade off and of course it should last for a specific time only.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It could be like Engi’s Supply Crate lol. Teleport away and summon a collection of illusions, including an iDuelist, iWarden, iDefender, and 2 clones. Cannot be shattered. All new illusions replace the Elite illusions.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I like:

Signet of Chaos

Passive: Increases recharge rate on all shatters by 15%.
Active: Grants Retaliation (12s) and Swiftness (30s). Your next 5 attacks inflict a random condition on your opponent and grant you a random boon. 60 second cooldown

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)