New mesmer healing skill

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Via reddit:
Mesmer: Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s31pc/new_healing_skills_datamined/

This sounds amazing, but way way way overpowered. If recharges = phantasm summon skills, it means we could start a fight with 3 phantasms up immediately. If recharges = phantasm attack, then it’s a little less potent, but would allow a massive burst of 2 izerker and 2 ideulest attacks. Either way, I think it’s a bit too powerful.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Don’t even bother. The other thread got deleted, this one will too.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Sorry, just logged on and was surprised there wasn’t a thread up.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sounds amazing. I might finally be able to use something other than Ether Feast, which would be nice since I’ve been using EF for… like… the entire time I’ve been playing my Mesmer.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

A. You don’t know how much health you’ll gain.
B. You don’t know the recharge time.

Odds are the recharge will be long enough to make it a huge risk to activate.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

A. You don’t know how much health you’ll gain.
B. You don’t know the recharge time.

Odds are the recharge will be long enough to make it a huge risk to activate.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23527-signet-of-the-ether

its scaled to level 1, so we dont really know the actual heal at level 80

Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies.

Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy.

-Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.

-Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.

-A.E.D.: Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated. Static Shock: Use your A.E.D. to stun an enemy.

-Arcane Brilliance: Arcane. Blast the target area, hitting foes with critical damage and healing yourself. Healing effectiveness is increased per target hit.

-Skelk Venom: Venom. Your next few attacks heal you.

-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

This sounds really good for maximizing dps in PvE if you are a slippery little quaggan and don’t need the heal too much. I do think it’ll be overpowered in pvp undoubtedly. I hope they split the skills to have a longer cd in pvp or something.

Not only could you spam phantasms in pvp, but at a sporadic and unpredictable rate. Players won’t know what to do.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

It is more reasonable not to panic and wait. There are scarier healing skills in other professions. It’s better wait and analyse all once the details are known.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I wouldn’t say any of those are scarier than a relentless onslaught of phantasms, but I agree. If anyone in the room is panicking, they should stop. I like being OP.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

My previous post in the previous thread got deleted, so no doubt it’ll happen again here.

However, I for one, am far from thrilled about this. What we need is more intelligent gameplay, what we do not need is more AI, more passive game-play and more cheesy bunker builds.

This heal mostly caters to passive builds like Phantasm or PU Condition which have a relatively low skill-floor and largely ignore our unique class mechanism of shatters. Nor does it address one of the inherent problems we face (i.e. our role in large-scale fights) as our clones get wiped instantly.

It feels that yet again Mesmers are being pushed into the 1v1 / small-scale role (which suits me fine as a solo roamer), but even more worryingly towards passive game-play. PU builds are already strong… with +5% TGH → Condi from 10 December onwards and potentially this heal, it just may be pushed over the edge of acceptability.

I really wish the Devs would push us towards more power and shatter based builds that require a modicum of skill, timing and understanding of your opponents, rather than just spamming clones, running in circles and constantly stealthing.

Do not get me wrong, shatter and lock-down builds are viable, but the vast majority of Mesmers will gravitate even more towards Phantasm/PU builds with this new heal.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

A signet heal skill? awesome
An ability that lets us refresh our phantasm’s attack? pretty interesting, sounds good.
A heal skill that promotes sitting in stealth with a bunch of phantasms out doing the work? delete it please.

Seriously, I thought the point of adding new skills was to flesh out and strengthen underplayed/weak builds that need the synergy, not to add to an already strong and popular build and reward an AI based play style.

It’s just a leak/data mined, so there’s a real possibility that this isn’t what we’ll end up with, but it is worrying.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

i want to test this out with defender and disenchanter along with runes of resiliance. interesting. hope it gets the green light for the next update.

a lighter thief

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

My previous post in the previous thread got deleted, so no doubt it’ll happen again here.

However, I for one, am far from thrilled about this. What we need is more intelligent gameplay, what we do not need is more AI, more passive game-play and more cheesy bunker builds.

This heal mostly caters to passive builds like Phantasm or PU Condition which have a relatively low skill-floor and largely ignore our unique class mechanism of shatters. Nor does it address one of the inherent problems we face (i.e. our role in large-scale fights) as our clones get wiped instantly.

It feels that yet again Mesmers are being pushed into the 1v1 / small-scale role (which suits me fine as a solo roamer), but even more worryingly towards passive game-play. PU builds are already strong… with +5% TGH -> Condi from 10 December onwards and potentially this heal, it just may be pushed over the edge of acceptability.

I really wish the Devs would push us towards more power and shatter based builds that require a modicum of skill, timing and understanding of your opponents, rather than just spamming clones, running in circles and constantly stealthing.

Do not get me wrong, shatter and lock-down builds are viable, but the vast majority of Mesmers will gravitate even more towards Phantasm/PU builds with this new heal.

I would not be so hasty to condemn the skill as more AI spam. Rather, they are giving you more control over your phantasms, which could be seen as the very opposite. Alone, this skill would undoubtedly make phantasm builds more powerful- but I wouldn’t be surprised if, to compensate, phantasms were rebalanced.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

Rebalance phantasms around a single skill? If they rebalance phantasms due to this, they should rebalance all skills to compensate the loss of damage from phantasm or other kind of builds will suffer that loss. Even in a shatter build , the phantasms are a great source of damage.

I really want to see what developers have hidden for the next patch. I hope we will be able to find new interesting builds. Although looking back, always with caution, iBerserker (before), iWarden (now)… , etc.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I don’t see why people think this is just for PU builds, kittenter u can’t think of anytime I don’t have at least 2 illusion out. Even after a shatter I get some out very fast. Still it doesn’t remove conditions and well resetting phantasms is good it doesn’t seem like a good idea to put heal on cool down just to get a third one out.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: qjons.2453

qjons.2453

If you take Domination VI, Dueling VIII, Cahos IX and Inspiration IV, you can get a good healing skill hehe. Distortion, healing, removing 3 conditions, a reduced CD…

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Via reddit:
Mesmer: Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s31pc/new_healing_skills_datamined/

This sounds amazing, but way way way overpowered. If recharges = phantasm summon skills, it means we could start a fight with 3 phantasms up immediately. If recharges = phantasm attack, then it’s a little less potent, but would allow a massive burst of 2 izerker and 2 ideulest attacks. Either way, I think it’s a bit too powerful.

You could already start a fight with 3 phantasms.
1. Summon iSwordsman
2. Quickly switch weapons (you’ll still be out of combat) summon iDuelist
3. Summon iDefender

If this skill gets implemented, you could get 30% movement speed, 9% dmg reduction, and max signet healing ticks. Of course this still means nothing in large scale WvW where all illusions die after a second anyway, but still be interesting for PvP.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m a bit sad if the leak is true which it probably is.

Ether Feast already uses a mechanic which promotes having Illusions up so I’d rather see something different for the passive effect. The new signet would also benefit Phantasm builds the most which definitely do not need to be buffed any further when it comes to passive gameplay. I can already see people complain about PU Phantasm builds because of the additional passive heal.

The active effect could be very interesting if it applies to the Phantasm attacks and not to the skill cooldowns of the Mesmer (which would be super boring). It would offer Phantasm Mesmers a way to burst. However, as said before, I do not think that Phantasm Mesmers are in dire need for any love. The skill might make signet heavy Phantasm builds more appealing, though.

In general, I would have preferred an Illusion based (Healing Phantasm), Glamour based (Healing and supportive field) or a Manipulation based healing skill (Heal based on your current health – low health equals high heal – while doing something to your enemy/environment – low health equals weak effect – to create a trade-off).

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

I’m starting to think that the idea behind a healing signet is make a signets build realiable. Perhaps they are going to modify signets to acomplish it. It’s only a guess. I remember that it was mentioned the lack of a viable signets build in the discussion of the 10th balance patch that we had. Mesmer, necro and ranger are professions that have signets in utility slots but don’t have a healing signet. It seems that mesmer and necro are going to receive healing signets, curiously they have decided add a healing spirit for rangers instead of a healing signet.

Xaylin, a variable complex effect (more than one at the same time) in the passive state of the signets sound good. It could be a good idea to improve signets in general , making signets builds more viable in the future. However add it to the active function could be a bit complex to control for some players. But I like the idea.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

It remains to be seen how useful it will be. We still don’t know how much it heal, the ct or the recharge.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

As someone who plays a shatter mesmer, I’m really disappointed in the direction of the Dec 10 balance changes, which appear to be favoring already popular Phantasm and PU condition builds. This signet would further reinforce this theme.

If this is real, it makes me wonder if their “data mining” considers not only how many people are playing different types of mesmers… but also how many of those mesmers are active played (versus shelved).

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

As someone who plays a shatter mesmer, I’m really disappointed in the direction of the Dec 10 balance changes, which appear to be favoring already popular Phantasm and PU condition builds. This signet would further reinforce this theme.

If this is real, it makes me wonder if their “data mining” considers not only how many people are playing different types of mesmers… but also how many of those mesmers are active played (versus shelved).

I would love for them to start supporting shatter. I think some of the trait-lines need a bit of work. I have about 75% chance to crit on mind-wrack and you wouldn’t believe the amount of times it actually doesn’t crit. I picked up a shatter build in WvW and I’m loving it. Its a lot of fun, but it has too many flaws to count. :/

What a Churlundalo

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Um, will the passive work like regen? The description isn’t very clear.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Now, if the traits for signets weren’t garbage or placed so oddly or other signets aside this, the active of Inspiration and passives of midnight/illusions were worth to make a build around, a signetmesmer could be a option.

Sadly that’s not the case…..but still, remember that you can trait this heal for giving you Distorsion, removing conditions and having lower CD.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

i personally like this one since it’s got a passive healing (it just heals, got nothing to do with regen @lindbur.2537) and the active i’m guessing the healing done is low but phantasm skill recharge is amazing, i could go pew pew with 2 izerkers for good aoe dmg.. or 2 staff phantasms.. soo many possibilities.

i’m already looking at the heal as a good dps improvement :-)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

and anet needs to bring back the amazing weapon mods from gw 1, 20% chance to half skill recharge… pure bliss !!

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

So does it’s active allow you to dualsummon or does it refresh the attack of the phantasms? o.o’’

I really like this skill, image how it stacks with phantasm healing <3 sustainmutafaka guess a 40 sec cd

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

well it’s mentioned “Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges” so… as i understand it, it recharges the phantasm skills.

and if it’s supposed to be phantasm attack recharge, would be mentioned as “Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm attacks” or something of that sort. skills in this game mean the skills on our skill bar :P

(edited by Telekinesis.8312)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

^
if it were what you suppose, it’d be phrased
“recharge phantasm summoning skills”

Even mesmers seem to not understand the wording of Phantasmal Haste …

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Xaylin, a variable complex effect (more than one at the same time) in the passive state of the signets sound good. It could be a good idea to improve signets in general , making signets builds more viable in the future. However add it to the active function could be a bit complex to control for some players. But I like the idea.

I think the variable complex effect you are talking about is referring to the low health high heal thing? This was meant for a Manipulation heal. Thus, it would not have a passive effect. Or did you mean anything else?

So does it’s active allow you to dualsummon or does it refresh the attack of the phantasms? o.o’’

I really like this skill, image how it stacks with phantasm healing <3 sustainmutafaka guess a 40 sec cd

Still hoping for the attack refresh because it adds depth to the gameplay. Reseting weapon skills which summon Phantasms would be so dull. We already got several ways to reduce the cooldowns.

I’ve seen the heal being listed with a 25s cooldown.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

And any numbers about the heal? And HpS/Illu?

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I suspect it recharges the Phantasm’s skills. This makes sense, as in the cases of Warden, Defender and Disenchanter these are potent defensive tools. But in the other cases they’re offensive tools, which makes this like the other healing skills.

(All these new skills are centred on attacking)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

So the “data mined” values are as follows. Of course, nobody quite knows yet if this is all true or just some rumour:

Signet of the Ether (CD 25s)
Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control.
Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.

Healing:40
Passive Heal—1 Illusion:20
Passive Heal— Illusions:20
Passive Heal—3 Illusions:20

Link: http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23527-signet-of-the-ether

For comparison, Warrior Healing Signet has a base value of 75 with no reliance on having any illusions out.

(edited by Marsares.2053)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

So 20-60 HP per Second? Well staying at good ol’ Ether Feast…

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

So 20-60 HP per Second? Well staying at good ol’ Ether Feast…

They are for a Level 1 and are not the actual HP/s values as these are influenced by – amongst others – your heal power, etc. Ether Feast will give more burst heal, Signet of the Ether probably more sustained heal.

Ether Feast has a base value of 120, thus the new heal may actually be worth it dependent on how long the fight lasts for (with added potential for one-off burst damage).

(edited by Marsares.2053)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

I think the variable complex effect you are talking about is referring to the low health high heal thing? This was meant for a Manipulation heal. Thus, it would not have a passive effect. Or did you mean anything else?

Yes, I thought it might be interesting to add something like that in the passive state of the signets. ; )

I’m agree with Carighan. All are focused on the attack.

Edit: Yes it seems 20-40-60 base in passive depending on the number of illusions and 40 base when you active the signet, then add lvl, healing power…

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

yeah but if it’s the attack of the phantasm that is recharged, it’ll be similar to phantasmal haste. “Reduces recharge on phantasm attack skills.”

assuming, there no “attack” anywhere in the heal skill means the phantasm skill is recharged.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

^
Nor there is the keyword “summoning” – as in all other traits.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I actually would rather see a skill that improves the shatter ability’s on some way.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I actually would rather see a skill that improves the shatter ability’s on some way.

But as far as Signets go, we already got a signet for that.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

But as far as Signets go, we already got a signet for that.

Same goes for phantasm, yet they add another skill for phantasm.
I don’t mind if they want phantasm as superior meta in roaming, but it’s not gonna make the gameplay much more interesting.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

Same goes for phantasm, yet they add another skill for phantasm. I don’t mind if they want phantasm as superior meta in roaming, but it’s not gonna make the gameplay much more interesting.

I agree. I can see a few builds with this healing signet that would be potentially very strong:

1) PU condition, whereby stealth gives you breathing space to regen health through signet
2) Pure Phantasm, whereby stealth gives you breathing space to regen health through signet
3) Phantasm Lockdown, whereby dazes/stuns/interrupts gives you breathing space to regen health through signet

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I imagine this is there to provide a passive sustained heal which for the most part was lacking when compared with other professions the active effect was just to jazz it up a bit.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

If this is similar to other profession’s passives, at max healing power and three illusions the heal might end up somewhere between 350-450 hp/sec. The base heal with no healing power and 3 illusions might look something like 200-250 hp/sec.

It would make some sense to curb cheese builds by having a flat % reduction on effectiveness based on whether or not your character is in stealth. But even out of stealth, a staff Mesmer with decent boon uptime will have a very high protection and regen uptime plus this heal to bunker with. That’d look like a d/d ele with signet heals, less condition removal, and less direct healing from skills like cleansing wave and evasive arcana in water.

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

well.. the stats at 80 with 300 healing power (inspiration trait line)

Healing – 3360 (lower than mirror)
Passive Heal 1 illusion – 306
Passive Heal 2 illusions- 562
Passive Heal 3 illusions- 818

1 second casting time, 25 seconds recharge

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

well.. the stats at 80 with 300 healing power (inspiration trait line)

Healing – 3360 (lower than mirror)
Passive Heal 1 illusion – 306
Passive Heal 2 illusions- 562
Passive Heal 3 illusions- 818

1 second casting time, 25 seconds recharge

lmao

Bad Elementalist

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

That seems pretty good, but what’s the type of pulse? Every skill use? or every X seconds?

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Mesmer QQ levels of the next 9 months: OVER 9000!

Remember when phantasms were way OP 1v1, then they moved iCelerity: now you can have that back.
PLUS you can remove 2 condis on heal
PLUS you can burst when you heal
PLUS you can have passive heal when you don’t use it

There is a build somewhere here that has no weaknesses and is easy to play. Mesmers will be the new warrior. Enjoy top-dog status for 6 months until the next “balance” patch.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Doesn’t say. I was getting roughly 918 heals on 3 phantasms at roughly 1.8k healing power XD

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I hope those numbers are “outdated” and have been rebalanced since then for the patch. This game needs less mindless “Healing Signet Warrior” builds, not more.