New mesmer needs help

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheMysticalOne.7093

TheMysticalOne.7093

Hello guys im level 19 at the moment and im wondering what stats does a mesmer need. Im using staff + greatsword is there a better pve combination ?
Also i have some items from ancient karka event should i sell them at trading post ? They aren’t for mesmers. I found an offer at 6 gold but the next offer was 30 silver.

At pvp i use double sword + sword pistol is that good ??

Thanks for help

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Stats you need depend entirely on what build you’re going for, as well as whether you want more damage or more defense. Generally you want to maximise your offensive stat (which is either Power or Condition Damage), the rest of your stats depend on what you want (Precision and/or Critical Damage for more damage, Toughness/Vitality for more defense, etc.).

GS + Staff is a decent PvE combination. Generally with this combination your primary damage is from the GS, with the Staff being a defensive weapon. With this in mind you should focus on Power for your damage, whether you want Precision + Critical Damage for even more damage or Toughness/Vitality for survivability is up to you.

If you can’t use a weapon/armour and don’t plan on making an alt that can use it, then by all means sell it.

In general it isn’t a good idea to use two of the same MH/OH/2H weapon, because they share their CDs; i.e. you don’t get two separate uses of Blurred Frenzy by using two MH Swords.

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myxo.7263

Myxo.7263

1. PVE is simple … play how you like it. Just go for DMG as long as you dont die, … keep your armor/ weapon evry 5 to 10 lvl updatet.

2. Kaka event: use this side to look how your item you wanne sell is priced in the past: make your price acordningly. http://www.gw2spidy.com/

3. sword main hand on both stets is not clever ^^ you lose 3 optional skills

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheMysticalOne.7093

TheMysticalOne.7093

at the past i was using sword and pistol + staff is that better ?

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

There is no real “better”, it’s mostly preference.

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

What is so fantastic with mesmers is the big amount of viable gamestyles. Sure some is for sertan moments seen as “best” but truth is that we can play in several setups and styles even if we use same weapons.

Embolis for example play condition as I understand with sucess, one of the 4 mesmers in my 15 man crew in wvwvw play a glamor condition support build and she is probobly the best counter to big enemy zergs I seen. Its fantastic how her glamour build with timewarp on our group and a necro spread conditions can just melt a enemy charge down.

For Pve as its what your ask for I link my wvwvw guide. Its work well in Pve aswell and in instances. I play a roaming shatter spec with crit dmg and feel strong in group play and have my role.

As Embolis say, there is no better just different. If you like crit dmg setups and want to use shatters alot I have a guide, atm I play a staff – sword/sword build but most of my time i roam with sword/pistol.

Text guide: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/guide-WvWvW-Shatter-cat/page/9#post1078879

1 of many videoguides:

/Gl Osicat

New mesmer needs help

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Osicat’s Shatter Cat build is powerful and definitely worth checking out. Even if you don’t want to go with a Shatter build, there’s lots of excellent tips in the guide and videos that are invaluable to any Mesmer.