New to mesmer. looking for fitting armor

in Mesmer

Posted by: neol.5438

neol.5438

Hi guys
As stated, I recently picked up mesmer and have been wondering what kind of armor atributes you could recomend. I mostly play OPEN world PvE.
What variation are there from pure berskerer? Runes? By the way i generally use Gs and s/s

Thanks in andvance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Berserk + scholar / ruby should work fine for you. As far as runes gone some people go for Centaur or Traveler for faster movement.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I personally run full Berserker with Traveler Runes (25% Movement is.. well, great for a rather slow-moving profession otherwise, and it does give the same effect as having 3xDivinity Runes, so I find them to be relatively alright on the offense-side too). I tend to run GS or Staff (as I just finished Bifrost, I tend to use Staff a lot more these past couple days), and Sword+Torch.

30 (I, II, XII) — 20 (IV, X) — 20 (III, X) — 0 — 0 on the traits for Halting Strikes and Confounding Suggestions, which makes Chaos Storm awesome, even in PvE, more so in WvW. Damage comes from a combination of shattering, Blurred Frenzy, The Prestige (I tend to just break the Stealth, as I’m after the burst, which triggers anyways) and interrupts. It may seem like Staff is more of a condition-type weapon, which in a way it is, but it also works very well with physical builds. Great for clone-creation, good defenses, and with the interrupt damage, good offense. The Phantasm also deals “insane” single-target damage when there’s a lot of conditions on your enemy.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Greatsword and Sword/Sword are both direct damage weapons so therefore you want to use Power, Precision and Crit stats (So basically Berserker) unless you are still low level and find yourself struggling to stay alive in which case you can try adding more toughness and/or vitality.

Mesmers lack in movement speed in general so I like to use movement speed runes. Centaur is the one I use but only at level 80. When I level a mesmer I tend to start out with using a focus off-hand even though I don’t particularly like the weapon (Just a personal preference, it’s a good weapon otherwise) because it gives you the swiftness from the Temporal Curtain.

While levelling up I wouldn’t worry too much about runes and sigils or amazing quality gear (I tend to use whatever I find + supplement with white vendor quality gear every 10 levels if I level exclusively in open world PvE) unless you intend on doing dungeons in which case you will want to have the right equipment and upgrades as much as possible so that you are at max efficiency.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

The above posters nailed it with Zerker, but I’d add that Knights works too w/ zerk trinkets/weps, esp while you are learning content or pugging through groups.

Definitely recommend anything that speeds you up too. I roll centaur and use MoR heal and it just seems more fun to me. Try a few things and see what’s fun for you.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!