New weapon..

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I really feel like we need a new weapon.

I understand Mesmers are supposed to rely on clones/phantasms what have you.. but in my opinion, we really lack a weapon that’s just decent auto-attack damage that every other class has.
I feel like we need to “set up” damage during all our combat encounters, whereas other classes basically jump right in with the heavy hitters right away.

• Warrior; Basically every weapon is good auto damage.
  • Necromancer; Dagger is pretty sturdy auto damage.
  • Engi; Rifle is decent.
  • Ranger; Sword, GS, Longbow, Shortbow all good.
  • Guardian; Hammer, GS, Sword, possibly mace?
  • Elementalist; Staff and daggers are good.
  • Thief; Daggers and arguably sword.

Don’t get me wrong.. Sword is decent damage, but we are too squishy to face-tank, plus the skills on Sword lean more towards ‘burst and swap’. Staff isn’t that great auto damage, and although Greatsword is good from a distance, it’s not all that great in close combat.

I’d just really like to see a weapon that we can use for auto damage instead of having to set up phantasms or attack from max distance on GS.

I seen a thread recently about weapon suggestions and “playing cards” really caught my attention. Even if these were implemented as new skills instead of weapons I feel they’d work wonders. Two decks, one being support based and the other being offensive.

If they don’t intend to add any new weapons soon, then I’d love for a Greatsword overhaul. A few suggestions I’d have would be..

• Remove the damage based on range on the auto-attack and make it a set amount.
  • Keep the bounce on attack two, but automatically apply the 3 stacks of Might to caster.
  • Add a damage modifier that increases the damage dealt based on the number of clones active. Possibly +20%/clone?

If not, then a drastic increase in the Sword’s auto attack. This would allow the user to take the risk of taking huge damage in order to put it out.

I’m really just putting my thoughts into text. If anyone would care to add anything/discuss then please feel free.
I’ll point out.. I do love my Mesmer the way it is, but I do wish for a decent hitting auto attack.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Bazooka that shoots butterflies…

…of death.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Bazooka that shoots butterflies…

…of death.

With laser beams strapped to their heads.

#TeamJadeQuarry

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Main hand pistol please!!!

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Dual wielding pistol mesmers.

Something about that just feels so… naughty. The potential for great joy is in this.

#TeamJadeQuarry

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Apart from main hand pistol?

Playing cards sounds interesting, although maybe it would be better to have a MH focus with playing card skins.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Main hand focus would be amazing…

Dual Anomalies ftw!

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It could be fun to have a mesmer hammer. I can imagine (keeping in line with the pattern of staff and GS)

1: Melee auto attack
2: Crack in the Mind (AoE attack that spawns clone after attack)
3: Crippling Thoughts (Ground target AoE: low damage, causes AoE cripple)
4: Illusionary Hammer (spawn phantasm that causes knockback on single target attack)
5: Fake an Earthquake (AoE ground target. Weakness with chance of daze)

could be interesting…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I agree dual pistols would be awesome! But have any of you ever thought of a hammer? :0 phantasm would use earthshaker(not as often as other phantasms to keep balance) and maybe something like mighty blow on the #2, and a block that has a ranged launch for the counter attack (meaning you block an attack at 600 range or so and then launch them) plus mesmers with mjolnir!!! Please Anet make it a Christmas miracle!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Hammer would be amazing. Great skill ideas above, they could really pull some crazy things off with it.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I agree dual pistols would be awesome! But have any of you ever thought of a hammer? :0 phantasm would use earthshaker(not as often as other phantasms to keep balance) and maybe something like mighty blow on the #2, and a block that has a ranged launch for the counter attack (meaning you block an attack at 600 range or so and then launch them) plus mesmers with mjolnir!!! Please Anet make it a Christmas miracle!

Just had a really cool thought about a hammer block from range, when you block you teleport to target and slam the hammer into the ground and daze/stun

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Just had a really cool thought about a hammer block from range, when you block you teleport to target and slam the hammer into the ground and daze/stun

That would be so awesome!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Slaby.7261

Slaby.7261

main hand – axe
That would be amazing!
pleaseee!

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

haha nice ideas guys! xD :P

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Mainhand pistol would be my first choice but a 2-handed whip would be a close second.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Main hand scepter would be nice, and would fit well with the theme/design of the class.

[/ ]

Legendary Defender of Casuals

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i would love to have a whip for my mes. :-)))))))

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I have been mourning the lack of this option since the BWEs.

We have TWIN pistols named after Lyssa!

WHY WE NO DUAL PISTOLS ANET!? WHY!?

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

MH Pistol that shoots cards on autoattack?
Also, given the chaotic/random nature of the class, i think a skill called Shuffle or something like that is in order.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Lyssa is also the patron god of Thieves.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

This isn’t a weapon but how about a chaos armor signet? haha.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: xithorN.2380

xithorN.2380

i’ve always wanted MH dagger. Sort of a mid-range option, kinda like rangers MH axe meets mesmer staff.

thorN – Asuran Mesmer – Charr Necro –

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I would love to see Dagger. Having a sort of assassin-type Phantasm, some cripple and/or “parrying” skills (Evade) like with most other professions daggers, feel free to throw some Poison in on it as well, would be nice to have the option to be a bit more effective at heal-crippling. I feel Daggers also would fit in with Mesmer, unlike perhaps any of the two Bow-types or the Hammers.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: xithorN.2380

xithorN.2380

yeah, i would love to have sort of like an Phantasmal Assassin, where you summon him and he leaps to your target (a-la the swordsman) but he deals less damage and applies poison. Heck you might even be able to give him an active ability where you can sacrifice him and teleport to his location and deal small aoe torment or something. Ppl have been crying to make phantasms a more active playstyle so this could be a step in that direction.

thorN – Asuran Mesmer – Charr Necro –

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

As mesmer got already the supportive role I have yet to see a pure support weapon for mesmer. I guess main hand focus would be cool? ^^ Moar reflects!

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: hazahampo.4286

hazahampo.4286

What about a shortbow?!?!?!

Rishi The Pink-Warrior Lyss Braveheart-Mesmer

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dess.4391

Dess.4391

So we can shoot unicorns while our clones explode in butteflys?? Yay for being a 1 man zoo!!!

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

So we can shoot unicorns while our clones explode in butteflys?? Yay for being a 1 man zoo!!!

You know what’s wrong? I would come back, work twice as hard to get the Dreamer and would rock it everywhere I go, even shortbow skills for mesmers sucked! There’s something about shooting rainbow unicorns at enemies that’s so insulting and humiliating that I just can’t give up the opportunity!

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tobias.3520

Tobias.3520

You know what’s wrong? I would come back, work twice as hard to get the Dreamer and would rock it everywhere I go, even shortbow skills for mesmers sucked! There’s something about shooting rainbow unicorns at enemies that’s so insulting and humiliating that I just can’t give up the opportunity!

This. A thousand times this. 4 of me shooting rainbow unicorns at people. Where or who do I throw my money at?

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

rifle… so i can have my phantasm firing squads… i mean how cool would it be to have a line of rifle phantasms set up…

but other than that… mainhand pistol like everyone else.

maybe rifle could even have a skill where you summon 2 temporary phantasms by your side (dont count towarda total) and you team up for a volley then they leave.

New weapon..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Lyssa is also the patron god of Thieves.

Perhaps, but the pistols are very obviously designed with Mesmer in mind.