New weapons

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: hazahampo.4286

hazahampo.4286

Ok so I know there has been a lot of threads about this but this is my opinion. At the moment what we mesmers are really lacking is a mid range direct damage weapon. Now lots of people have said mh pistol but what I feel would fit better is a shortbow.

I admit I haven’t really thought about the abilities yet :p but I was thinking for the auto attack it. Could be a mix between the thief bounce attack and the speed of the rangers shortbow auto attack. With regards to summon clone it could be a leap back and summon a clone that casts auto attack at your original position, like ranger shortbow 3 ability I think it is.

What do you guys feel about this, the only reason I make this thread is because I don’t think many people have really considered the shortbow. If they have I haven’t seen it and sorry if I missed it.

Feel free to discuss and sorry for any grammar mistakes I’m dyslexic. :p

Rishi The Pink-Warrior Lyss Braveheart-Mesmer

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Really? Another shortbow person? Or are you the same guy from months ago that kept going on about a shortbow?

New weapons

in Mesmer

hazahampo.4286

haha no i haven’t seen that thread yet. :p But i do ask why you seem so negative about the shortbow?

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Shortbow on a mesmer? lol that just seems silly. It really doesn’t fit with the theme. MH pistol makes sense though.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hygric.2705

Hygric.2705

Thematically, I would much rather my mes running around with a MH pistol rather than a bow for a mid-range (600 to 900) direct damage weapon.

Before that I would love MH dagger as a melee condition weapon! We can already use a sword and a big sword, so why not a little sword?

Just please never give Mesmer axes, maces, hammers, shields, bows or a rifle. Although I personally feel that GS should have been a rifle in the first place. Purely aesthetic change, but one for the better.

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jhughes.8341

Jhughes.8341

Ahh but Entropy was maddde for mesmers. I’d love to see a hammer phantasm lol, though you are probably right we don’t need anything but a pistol and a dagger.

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I would love MH dagger as a melee condition weapon! We can already use a sword and a big sword, so why not a little sword?

Warrior can use both as well, might rethink that lol.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: rei.3654

rei.3654

MH pistol ftw! shortbow wouldn’t make sense for a magic duelist mobility class lol

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

but but but pony bow and rainbows!

isn’t the end goal of the devs for all classes to pretty much have every weapon

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

See, I like SBs honestly, but after playing my mes for a while, I’ve just come to really appreciate the 1h weps for trading out functionality. The reason I’d like MH pistol is to both dual wield pistol and have a ranged option to combine with OH Sword, pistol and Focus. OH sword is a block and a 1200 ranged phant (one of the best), so i’d probably roll that alongside pistol, so long as it works well as a midranged power wep.

I suppose we COULD dual wield focus… (foci?) but that’s a bit outside the box. Full reflect tank? Could be fun

I also agree that for what GS does, a rifle would have probably worked (looked) better, but to be honest, if Rifle worked like the current GS, I’d still avoid it for the most part. I think daggers would end up being more like “throwing daggers” to stay with the “mesmer theme”. If’n we’re gonna gut someone, we gotta be doin it with style.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I think daggers would end up being more like “throwing daggers” to stay with the “mesmer theme”. If’n we’re gonna gut someone, we gotta be doin it with style.

haha, backstab mesmer :P

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I think daggers would end up being more like “throwing daggers” to stay with the “mesmer theme”.

Mesmer shurikens, gogogogogo!

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

My guesses …

Old Weapons:
Necromancer – Greatsword
Guardian – Longbow
Ranger – Rifle
Elementalist – Sword / Torch
Mesmer – Pistol / Dagger
Thief – Mace / Mace
Warrior – Staff
Engineer – Hammer

New Class-Specific Weapons:
Necromancer – Scythe
Guardian – Halberd
Ranger – Spear
Elementalist – Chakram
Mesmer – Whip
Warrior – Flail
Engineer – Rocket Launcher / RPG

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

New weapons

in Mesmer

hazahampo.4286

I guess I understand what you guys mean by more functionality with a mh pistol but I love the play style of a shortbow so that’s what I will be hoping for. Another question do we have any clue when we might be seeing new weapons.

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

I’d like to have a Mace and a Shield on my Mesmer

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

New weapons

in Mesmer

hazahampo.4286

Haha that would be quite funny or a hammer :p

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Dagger/Pistol and maybe give pistol a smoke field or something. Then maybe a dagger leap could be cool?

No, but seriously MH Pistol with existing. Whip if something new.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

A mage type class wearing a pistol is same absurd as wearing a bow. That’s why it fits

However I don’t doubt about seeing a Mesmer wearing a dagger, pistol, shortbow or a fan or whip.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

I think the best would be either MH-pistol or shield because we already have phantasm with these weapons^^

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I see no problem with Mesmers wielding a shortbow. Rather than a physical gun with magical bullets. Just use Quincies (from Bleach) as reference.
Longbow would be another story …

I also don’t like dagger or mace on mesmer.
I’d prefer Shield and Hammer (Jester-like) . And of course MH focus.

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Id say we could use an actual main hand pistol build on mesmer (currently only on off hand)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Ranger: Give ranger a 2h hammer build so that people can spec bunny thumper again 8D Nante does it so why not us too.

Mesmer: pistol on main hand would somewhat fit

Overall: please give us scythe and javelin back im missing nightfall Q_Q Having scythe on necros mesmer ele and warrior could be funny but using javelin as a new ranged weapon for Ranger warrior and guardian would be legendary

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

New weapons

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

still fan, whip, 2 1 handed scythes chained to each other, javelin, crossbow, what else? shuriken? xD

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Honestly though, I bet Anet can make shortbow good on mesmers. I thought pistol wouldn’t suit mesmers either at first but it’s pretty cool.
That being said, I’d prefer to see some other weapons on mesmer.

I think an OH shield would be pretty awesome, there are some shields out there that would suit a mesmer.
A MH dagger might be fun too I guess.

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

dual pistol mesmer? doesn’t our pistol phantasm have dual pistols? makes sense to me, give me a mh pistol.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

We have 3 ranged weapons and only 1 melee option. When/if they offer new weapon choices, I would hope that it would be melee.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

MH Pistol. MH Whip. MH Cane. MH Fan.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

We have 3 ranged weapons and only 1 melee option. When/if they offer new weapon choices, I would hope that it would be melee.

Yay, Mace!
I really DO love maces… (not a reason to pick warrior or guardian)^^
How awesome would it be to have a powerfull mainhand weapon as a MACE?

Let’s see what we could do with a mace:

1. Autohit: Chain of 3.
    Have two chain skills that do nothing special (3/4s cast) and the last hit has a 33% chance to daze for 1/4s (1s cast) (not for clones)
  2. Skill 2:
    A 1.5s knockdown (animation could be an illusionary mace that hits the targets head =) (1/4s cast // 600 range // 12s cd)
  3. Skill 3:
    Creates an illusionary line (like temporal curtain or veil) on the ground (placed like “Wall of Reflection”) that dazes enemys who try to cross it and grants stability for 2s when allies cross it.
    (3/4s cast // 15s cd // 5s duration)
Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

New weapons

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

That’s op tbh …

New weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I would like MH focus. Dual anomalies would be awsome.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.