No more PU in PvP!? What do I use now? D:

in Mesmer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

PU was never viable in pvp, just sayin’

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

It used to wreck people who didnt know how to fight it, but now everyone is used to it. This isnt even considering the fact that all the stealth means its unviable in conquest pvp. If you want to be viable, find Supcuties shatter guide. (I’ll have a quick look for it)

Edit : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2Fmesmerguide – here you go

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

While I agree with all of the above, generally speaking at least, it is incorrect to say that PU is no longer viable. The old builds are certainly a bit outdated now, but PU is still an excellent GM Trait in a strong trait-line that can be incorporated into viable builds.

It’s just no longer as easy and obviously superior to other builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

While I agree with all of the above, generally speaking at least, it is incorrect to say that PU is no longer viable. The old builds are certainly a bit outdated now, but PU is still an excellent GM Trait in a strong trait-line that can be incorporated into viable builds.

It’s just no longer as easy and obviously superior to other builds.

Agreed, my mistake.

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

I went back to sPVP to test PU, so far it feels quite similar to what it used to be. Less aegis/protection, so it becomes even more dangerous to stay visible when ‘bunkering’ a capture point. I also tried a PU build illusionary elasticity. Staff clones are real killers now and the extra bounces do bring some team utility, which old PU was missing.

But the lack of condition defense (no more removal on torch skills) hurts a lot. Condi-removal sigils are not enough to keep up.

New scepter is not cutting it for me, AA sucks even with torment on it. Plus on hit/on crit sigils proc less, making point above even worse. I’ll most likely go back to sword as evade + immobilize + jump combo brings more options to the table.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

New scepter is not cutting it for me, AA sucks even with torment on it

Ah who would have guessed? :P
That’s what I never got about the “omg sceptre will be so OP”-complaints. Sceptre’s problem was never that it lacks AA conditions and the clones being rubbish was only secondary. The AA mechanics are terribly slow, and still are.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

^ Yep, agreed and I screamed that every chance I got at the “OMG AA Torment! OPd!” crowd.

That said I’m OK with it. It’s a lot better then before, but still far from OPd. The worst part, really, is the Clone generating 3rd attack. It’s like punishment for finishing the chain, rather then a rewarding 3rd strike! Not only do you not get a Torment from the AA, but if the generated Clone overwrites another, you again cancel out more DPS because the new one has to do an attack animation again.

I don’t know for sure, but it seems like this has to be the worst attack chain-finisher in the game. I realize their goal was to create Clones with the Staff AA, but quite frankly I wish they’d just removed the Clone generation and made the 3rd attack in the chain worth executing.

Oh and don’t get me started on the #3…can we please get the channel time down to 2s, pretty please!? /begs

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

New scepter is not cutting it for me, AA sucks even with torment on it

Ah who would have guessed? :P
That’s what I never got about the “omg sceptre will be so OP”-complaints. Sceptre’s problem was never that it lacks AA conditions and the clones being rubbish was only secondary. The AA mechanics are terribly slow, and still are.

anet nerf clone death traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

heh.. ohh the sheep were wrong about torment.. suprise suprise.. nothing like screaming to get pu nerfed because of scepter change heh.. kids.