Noob Question

Noob Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrojanBallz.2359

TrojanBallz.2359

What are some good combo fields for Mesmer’s when roaming with a group in wvwvw? I asked this question today on my server and was laughed at, heh heh. So, I figured I may get a better response here. Thanks in advance.

I play solely with a gsword, scepter/focus.

Noob Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Not sure what you mean by that. Combo fields to to combo off of or combo fields to lay down yourself?

Noob Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I’m also unsure what you’re asking. I’ll try and answer though. With your weapon setup, you have access to two whirl finishers from iWarden and iZerker. You also have a projectile finisher in Mirror Blade. You can use either of your whirl finishers to create Cleansing Bolts by placing one of your phantasms (iWarden would work better) in a light field (such as your Temporal Curtain). If you have teammates, you can get some sort of bolts for every type of combo field. Healing Bolts from a water field would be useful if you can pull that off, though all of the combos are better than nothing. Essentially, if you have the opportunity to combo and it won’t put something on CD that you’re saving for later, do it. Also, your projectile finisher will basically grant a single-target version of the whirl effects. You can find all combo finishers here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

As for your own combo fields: With your weapon set, you have a light field available from Temporal Curtain and could have access to several Ethereal fields as well if you use Feedback, Null Field, or Time Warp. Since mesmers are the only source of Ethereal fields (I think) you have the opportunity to provide your team with Chaos Armor (now more beneficial to allies since they changed how the procs work) which can be triggered by an ally using a leap finisher (single target) or a blast finisher (AoE).

Noob Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Mesmers have access to only 2 combo fields: ethereal and light.
The best combo imo is Ethereal + Blast = Chaos Armor for you and nearby allies.
But in actuality, all combo field you get from your group is good, ‘abuse’ them all.

Here’s some good information for you: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Table_of_mesmer_combo_skills

Noob Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@Palu: ranger has access to ethereal field through certain pets and necro has Spectral Wall. But really, we mesmers pretty much monopolize this type of combo field.

Noob Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrojanBallz.2359

TrojanBallz.2359

Wow, loads of information thanks everyone. When I first heard about combo fields/finishers I could not wrap my head around all of the possibilities each brought to a given fight/situation. I still can’t, but I now have a starting point to launch off of. Thanks again.