Not noticing much difference after IC nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Prior to the patch I ran some variant of the Phantasm/Reflection build in PvE and dungeons : 20/20/0/25/5 or 10/20/0/30/10. Primarily low level Fractals (under level 20), Explorable dungeons, and Living Story dungeons.

I expected the IC nerf would hurt, more than it seems to have. But after a few days of 10/30/0/30/0 I’m not feeling the IC nerf like I thought I would.

Illusions have good enough uptime that if I spam illusion abilities on cooldown they overwrite more often than not, so many times I find myself having to check my impulse to spam illusion skills.

Blurred Frenzy cd is about 1.7 seconds slower and I notice that a little, but not enough to make me want to retire my mesmer and reroll.

What is everyone else’s take on this, anyone really hurting from the recent patch (PvE only, I know WvW is a different matter, and seems everyone uses Shatter in PvP anyway)

in Mesmer

Posted by: gorma.3725

gorma.3725

I think the improved uptime of phantasms is because of the improved health pool for phantasms in pve. I think there are very few pvers out there any more. Thats because dungeons are boring and casual as hell with lame rewards.

The complaints come mostly from pvp’ers. And for pvp it’s true the nerfs hurt a lot. Go figure out yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadow.5694

Shadow.5694

I prety much agree, the IC nerf didn’t hurt that much in regular dungeons. Phantasms have higher HP but also higher cooldowns, so I simply don’t shatter as much as before.

Condition removal on shatter is pretty underwhelming, it comes with a delay or not at all. Also shattering “hurts” more than before the patch so as a grandmaster trait in inspiration it makes no sense. Inspiration is the traitline, where all our utility is, so we pretty much have to spend points there, which pushes us to a phantasm build, even more after the patch. On-shatter effects (like both grandmaster traits) just don’t make sense.

It’s a bit different in fractals, where your phantasms still insta-die, so it’s a huge nerf there.

What hurts more is the Blurred Frenzy nerf, but I adapted my playstyle fater than I thought.

Other than that we got the temporal curtain nerf, which pretty much sucks, but that’s more of an annoyance than a nerf. If you want to pull you have to place the curtain now before the boss becomes vulnerable in most cases, since you can’t insta-pull anymore (about any other pull in the game still can). This leaves you pretty much a 4sec window for the perfect timing, so you better remember those NPC lines before the encounter starts and remember when to put down the curtain.

I think most of this changes are made because of pvp noobs crying on how OP mesmer is and I really start to hate pvp players now.

In the end everything became a bit slower and more annyoing but not too much has actually changed. Enough to make me stop spending any money on gems though, but that is just because I don’t agree, how Anet treats pve players (nerf stuff in pve because some poeple cried about it on pvp). They really need to split pvp and pve properly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I think there are very few pvers out there any more.

I think most people are PvE players, but most of them don’t care much about traits. They just play the game.

I think most of this changes are made because of pvp noobs crying on how OP mesmer is and I really start to hate pvp players now.

Count me in. But I also hate ANet for listening to them and not completely splitting PvE and PvP which wouldn’t be a problem at all since the game modes are already separated in many ways anyway.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

tested
I noticed that with longer CD phantasm are unreliable

Changed to 0/20/0/25/25 to get IC and looked what illusion traitline could do to compensate the loss

(there are 2 usable traits for phantasm users).

BF nerf was more harsh.
I used it for tactical purposes like blocking dredge champion shot in fotm or to alleviate damage from AR.
Also as reliable evade

Possibly was unintended but was fun and needed skill and tactic.
But god forbids we use our professions mechanics…..

Temporal curtain nerf was harsh too we lost a reliable CC…and as i said no mob ever complained of it…so should ve been only pvp

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Instead of the current grandmasters in Inspiration line give us “Illusions have a passive regeneration of 10% maxHP/s”