O.M.F.G.

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

As another poster pointed out; There is now not a single Mesmer ability that is not at least partly duplicated by another profession.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/White_Mantle_Portal_Device

There is nothing unique we bring to the table. Remember the meme about not being like "oh look I swung my sword, oh look I swung my sword again?’

I think I will literally go on a walk and have a good cry. I hoped for so long that the tide would turn and Mesmer would no longer be disfavored.

Mesmerising Girl

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Nothimg wrong with bring nothing new. The point is brinkimg something to the table doesnt have to be diff and new just worth while brinking.

What really matter is that whennim playing my mesmer i feel lile nobody else has the same experience/ feeling from playing necro guard or w/e.

A unique playstyles and feel of classes goes along way to make a game relevant to someone long term. More so than what we brong and how diff it is from what other bring.

(that portal thing only a small portion of the playerbase has meanwhile we have it by default and we can double use ot with continium split)

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

A mesmer complaining about bringing nothing unique to the table. Mesmer is literally the class stacked with the most unique stuff to the point of raids being focused around mesmer’s existence.

Now look at other classes, like Necro and Guard.

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Nothimg wrong with bring nothing new. The point is brinkimg something to the table doesnt have to be diff and new just worth while brinking.

What really matter is that whennim playing my mesmer i feel lile nobody else has the same experience/ feeling from playing necro guard or w/e.

A unique playstyles and feel of classes goes along way to make a game relevant to someone long term. More so than what we brong and how diff it is from what other bring.

(that portal thing only a small portion of the playerbase has meanwhile we have it by default and we can double use ot with continium split)

Dude, type from a real keyboard!

I agree though, Mesmer does bring plenty of unique things still as well as playing differently. Sure in PvE there’s 1 competitive/niche it has domain over and another situationally useful build but it’s not being completely left out at least. We can do triple portals, have the whole clone meat shield thing going on with shield phantasms, invuln share and one of only 3 classes with realistic boon rip.

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Mesmer is the best class I’ve encountered in the online world. I played Illusionist in D&D.
I also played a Wild Mage from the Tome of Magic, (D&D expansion ) which the devs are clearly aware of.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leviticus Lo.6178

Leviticus Lo.6178

Triple using Mimic.

Portal Entre > Mimic, then Continuum Split midcast > Portal Exeunt

Portal Entre > Mimic > Portal Exeunt

Portal Entre > Portal Exeunt

Now, if only it were possible to have multiple working Portals all at once.

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Dude, type from a real keyboard!

I agree though, Mesmer does bring plenty of unique things still as well as playing differently. Sure in PvE there’s 1 competitive/niche it has domain over and another situationally useful build but it’s not being completely left out at least. We can do triple portals, have the whole clone meat shield thing going on with shield phantasms, invuln share and one of only 3 classes with realistic boon rip.

When your fingers are the size of half your phone’s screen. ;-;

O.M.F.G.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

It is a convinience item but its got 30min cd if i remember correctly.