OMFG raids?

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Will omfg try some full mesmer raids when they open first? According to Colin, one should be able to do the raid with whichever profession you like, so a full mesmer should work as long as we spec appropriately. Also, since I guess (hope) the content won’t be beaten immediately, we may as well try to discover its mechanics with our favorite profession.
Anyone interested?

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’d absolutely love to do this of course, it’s just a matter of finding people that will consistently show up and play the raids.

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Only in 1 main guild but I wouldn’t mind coming if you need another mesmer.
I am very skeptical that any group (10 mesmers especially) would be able to do it though because I’m not convinced that DPS checks won’t be a thing and I think a 10 mesmer group would fail at it.

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I am very skeptical that any group (10 mesmers especially) would be able to do it though because I’m not convinced that DPS checks won’t be a thing and I think a 10 mesmer group would fail at it.

I seriously doubt there will be any form of DPS check in the beginning, until the optimal group comp is found.

Or you mean a mechanics in the fight where something has to be bursted down quickly?
If it is so that even on our glassiest build we cannot burst something, we can complain since it goes against their “promise”.

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryusuke.3598

Ryusuke.3598

Would definitely be up for this, be it NA or EU

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.6784

Entropy.6784

Omfg yes! (couldn’t resist)

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I seriously doubt there will be any form of DPS check in the beginning, until the optimal group comp is found.

Or you mean a mechanics in the fight where something has to be bursted down quickly?
If it is so that even on our glassiest build we cannot burst something, we can complain since it goes against their “promise”.

I mean mechanic of something bursting down quickly. It’s shown in a video. The group is trapped in a cage and they need to break a wall. Three ppl don’t make it out of the room in time = insta dead.

When they say any group, I don’t think they thought of 10 mesmers. I think it was more along the lines of any group of 10 friends with at least 1 ele in the mix kind of thing.

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

If we are able to get people to play there will be raids. Though sometimes I even have problems to find +1 for PvP through our guild chat.

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The biggest potential issue I see is if the mechanics are somehow extremely hostile to illusions. That would put a pretty big dent in the dps of a Mesmer raid.

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I am available for a full mesmer raid if needed, but I am not an excellent player + I am on EU server but on NA pacific time…

Any idea on builds to start with (obviously will be refined as we go for encounters)? I was wondering if I should craft an exotic cleric gear… ( http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdWl0nhC0YJawKNQtGLrG05RCS0NLxO6Z5GKeAA-TJxHAB1eKAQqMwP7PAwTAAA or something similar to my current PvP build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaWl0nhC0YJawKNQtGLrG05RSS0NLxOeRZHKeAA-TJxHAB1eKAQqMQZ7PAwTAAA)

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

So, obviously raid balance would suggest at least optimizing to avoid too many redundancies, but it’s actually pretty extreme with Shield.

2 Shields with average 75% boon duration between them can apply 100% quickness to an entire raid without Time Warp or Well of Action.
3 Shields only needs 17% average boon duration, or 1 Shield with 50% and 2 Shields with no boon duration.

In other words, if one mesmer brings a Boonshare Chronomancer and at least 2 others bring a shield at all, the entire raid gets 100% quickness. Pretty spiffy.
(Of course, if your entire raid is Chronomancers, you’ve probably got 100% quickness from Time Warp alone anyway, but it’s worth noting).

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

My hardcore raiding days are past (oh, for the days when I wasn’t employed and lived by myself — got a lot more League of Legends in back then as well), but I’d love to try out the new raids with other Mesmers anyway.

Do we already have an established dungeon day? Sundays generally work best for me.

Even if this doesn’t become a regular thing, we really need to try it during whatever BWE includes raids.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by tobascodagama.2961)

OMFG raids?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

If we a time can be found that works weekly for people I would be down to spend a decent amount of time on this