On the topic of Moa Morph

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’m curious how you guys feel about Moa elite. I usually run Mass Invis in tPvP, I did a few matches where there were a few MM necros that would get on points and you could not move them. Massive HP bar + DS, minions are a pain in the rear and the condition spamming. I saw that we will fight another necro and I took Moa just to give it a shot. As far as I remember, it removed all the minions. I agree it is kind of a cheap shot.
We won the game, they weren’t that special, they had great class comp but they didn’t use it well (tanky guardians running around instead of holding the cap on points, thief 100% commiting to a 1v3 which is suicide ect). I used the moa on the necro two times in the entire game and after it I got a PM
“Uses Moa because lack of skill, l2p..”
I think this is really funny.
It’s like saying Pyro or Osicat are not skilled because they run PU (I’m not saying I’m skilled, just the fact that he’s willing to judge by a skill or build a player is using is what bothers me).
Moa usually isn’t really that special in my opinion, and it’s much less of a cheesy thing to do than to get a MM build and just sit at once place while pressing 1-5 on staff
I know that isn’t how necros work, since I did main one for a while, but it is much easier to do that than play a shatter mesmer.
What do you guys think about Moa, is it really, really powerful or not? Why?
Have a wonderful rest of the day,
peace!

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I acutally like moa, since it hard counters AI builds. I also don’t think it’s cheap, or poor or anything. If sb decides to run an AI build, he deserves to get moad.

In addition, moa can be very helpfull to quickly clean a bunker from the capture point.
It is also very usefull, if hostile players use morphs like plague, lich, or tornado.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

If sb decides to run an AI build, he deserves to get moad.

xD

Ele / Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Roborovskii.7635

Roborovskii.7635

“What do you guys think about Moa, is it really, really powerful or not? Why?”

It is powerful against players who need to l2p. So in your case, it is the necro who needs to l2p.

The skill can be dodged, blocked or obstructed. On top of that it has a long cool down. So let’s say you cast it and your enemy runs down a slope and goes out of the line of sight (obstructed), no more moa for the CD period. Same goes for dodged or blocked instances.

In moa form, a player can still dodge + they are equipped with a “flee” skill (5) that evades for 3/4 sec. Good players make use of those to run off and come back when the polymorph wears off. Either that, or they would perform a “2,4,3,1…1…1” on you if you are low on health.

This is polymorph moa, not polymorph rock.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

When classes get elites that give several bonuses, including 20 seconds of stability, I have no qualms whatsoever with moa morph.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blakvalhalla.6170

Blakvalhalla.6170

It can provide a lesson. I play a ton of WvW on CD. 75% of the time in attacking blobs/zergs, it’s some hammer war rushing out to be the hero. MOA, then a likely down state/death, or at least the great subtle pleasure of watching them do a 180 and run…fast.

If I’m losing a fight, you bet…MOA. Why do I want to lose?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do think it’s a tad overpowered against MM’s (and I’m speaking here both as someone who runs a MM AND who’s also used Moa against an MM), but Moa does have a pretty obvious tell that can be dodged. You’re also not completely useless as a Moa; one time I got Moa’d and I continued attacking the Mesmer and downed him as a result. XD I think he was expecting me to flee and my continued assault surprised him.

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Part of it is that people don’t like to lose, and they don’t like to fight annoying opponents, like thief and mesmer, to begin with. I’ve gotten numerous “****ing PU mesmer, get a real build” whispers from enemies I’ve downed, and I don’t even run PU. But I guess all mesmers are PU mesmers to people who don’t understand the job’s mechanics/skills.

On the other hand, it is a powerful skill. It’s not my standard choice for the slot since it has a long cd and it’s fairly easy to avoid, but it certainly has its uses. It’s perhaps a bit too strong against MM necros, but this post-patch condispam circus has eased up whatever hesitations I had about using it.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

this is why the skill is bad: very bad

1. extremely loud obvious visual tell (can be seen a mile off)
2. cast can be dodged
3.cast cant hit someone with aegis
4. cast will miss if you’re blind
5. when they are moa’d they can dodge,#2 leap and #5evade attacks and run away
6. very long cooldown
7. long cast time
8. you lose your dignity

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

this is why the skill is bad: very bad
8. you lose your dignity

The only reason i run Moa is for the HUGE ammount of MM and FacerollBow warriors. The rest of the other class can eat my conditions, no worthy my elite.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

5. when they are moa’d they can dodge,#2 leap and #5evade attacks and run away

reason why i wanna be able to use moa on myself, awesome mobility.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

8. you lose your dignity

lol

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

8. you lose your dignity

lol

at first i read it as virginity.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

actually i jest, there is one EXTREMELY AWESOME time to use moa, youre pushing far and you notice people attacking svanir on fon map, moa svanir and his pecks will hit for 8k, THE hardest boss in the world xD youll only ever do that once when fighting him youself

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

To the OP, I would have laughed at the Necro and pointed out to him the profession/build that he’s playing is far cheesier then the gimpy -nerfed to oblivion- Moa Elite. Nice to see there is some use for it, but it fails too often for the long CD.

In an Xv1 situation against a very tanky class it is indeed a powerful ability, but otherwise it’s pretty useless. (And even at that it fails far too often for it’s ludicrous CD.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

It’s useless PvE and it is mediocre in PvP/WvW, where its only use is punishing bad players for being bad.

It is not a strong enough skill by design; it should be changed completely to be something that isn’t so situational (at-best).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

Part of it is that people don’t like to lose, and they don’t like to fight annoying opponents, like thief and mesmer, to begin with. I’ve gotten numerous “****ing PU mesmer, get a real build” whispers from enemies I’ve downed, and I don’t even run PU. But I guess all mesmers are PU mesmers to people who don’t understand the job’s mechanics/skills.

On the other hand, it is a powerful skill. It’s not my standard choice for the slot since it has a long cd and it’s fairly easy to avoid, but it certainly has its uses. It’s perhaps a bit too strong against MM necros, but this post-patch condispam circus has eased up whatever hesitations I had about using it.

I love it. I get that on occasion myself…usually when running an interrupt or retaliation build as those builds are rare enough that they can really confuse novice players.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

I normally have no use for the skill as well, though at the moment I am running into a lot more cheesy builds in wvw then normal and if I am given the opportunity I will normally run out of combat and switch in moa just to annoy them.
Sadly the pu mesmer suffers the most, mainly because I play mesmer pretty much full time and seeing pu mesmers especially those adding in on an already out numbered fight makes me growl and admittedly change focus straight to them. I always find it funny when the pu mesmer comes back he is almost always running moa as well instead of the previous mass invis.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]