Open world/story mesmer PvE build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reb.3879

Reb.3879

Hi, I’m mainly focusing on open world PvE, like event farming, story achievements etc. What is the recommended build for this? What weapons, which skills? I would very much appreciate it if someone knowledgeable can help me out on this one!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Baseline or crono?

You can run nearly anything for that. My daughter runs a build similar to this base mesmer:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhUQNAW8cnsICVohFqBeqBcrhFcDCNINZHnz4F1uMAJ4XA-TFDFQBESJIb0IAgDCABOCApRTgAuAAMRZmDVaIn9H8n6PK7BA4OdArDOAO7sMrZBXYhFWYhFMgZnd2ZnFA-w

It´s a don´t need to do much build … Mobs die on clones and phantasms as she passes by … shatters are used much slower then classic mesmer. The build tries to maintain 3 illusons out during a fight. Elite is a matter of taste and of couse all can be modified a bit.

This build is actually buffed with the last changes due to Phantasmal Force replacing ineptitude.

If using cronomancer instead of inspirations you might pick berserker rune.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Open world has a lot of options especially now that our damage is not to terrible.

This is something along the lines what I am running (with legendary/ascended mostly but exotic works just as well).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAscRnsIClohNoBWoBUrhFVDqsDlYAkBYEFHtLp5KA-TBhFwAn1HIT9HAKBpp8DA-e

You can exchange a trait line for chrono and run sw+sh. Staff instead of GS for tagging works too.

Rabid, Dire or Rampager for condition damage, berserker or assassins for direct damage. Viper is better for condition damage but oerkill and way expensive for open world. Commander is more of a fractal and raid thing.

in Mesmer

Wolfric.9380

I got my viper from transforming ascended in the forge and trinkets from PvP (i also have a tailor at 500). So yes needs a bit time but no need to collect and craft much.
I got a commander set in PvP before the cafting “nerf” due to season 5 being my most played. So lucky me :-).

Yes base mesmer using domination instead of inspirations is an option but i would go hybrid not pure power unless you like the exploding clones doing most damage :-).

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

And what runes and sigiles U sugest with viper?

in Mesmer

Wolfric.9380

I usually suggest traveler if you don´t have permanent runspeed. For a hybrid berserker looks fine. for power pack or strength is always good, for more defence and boons durability …
I main ele so not the same i use viper+a bit celestial with durability but i am a boon machine …
My daughter uses bererker rune on hybrid mesmer in PvE. And i use pack or surging on commander geared power war. So a bit of personal preference.
Backline power build is often scolar but i don´t like this one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The question is, should I still update my guide.

On the one hand, the changes to traits and skills are sort of managable.

On the other, this guide has been around for close to five years, maybe I got too narrow-minded on how to play a mesmer in open word and it is time to let it go…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I’m a casual who has basically played the same build the whole run of GW2 open world. It has brought me through the story as well, although I’ve naturally made adjustments from time to time. But it’s basically your most basic shatter build: GS / Sword+Focus with Domination 2-2-2, Illusion 1-3-2 and Chrono 2-2-3 (before HoT I ran Dueling).

I’ve tried some different things, like Sword / Sword/Pistol phantasm builds, even a condi mesmer in the last few days (Scepter / Pistol/Torch) but nothing feels as satisfying than to gather a lot of clones and then blow them up.