Out of combat mobility....

in Mesmer

Posted by: QuackzMcDuck.9840

QuackzMcDuck.9840

How do you guys deal with this? I seriously want to level my Mesmer so bad but having little to no out of combat mobility is very discouraging to me…I know we have our #4 on focus but that’s about it. It sucks when I’m trying to run with my guild in WvW and I end up falling miles behind everyone else….

I’m well aware of skills that make you jump back, but those just don’t appeal to me to use for mobility

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

If your running in a guild group you should be basing the speed on the group buffs (ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Warrior) not individual speeds (Your group is only as fast as its slowest member after all)

Mesmer’s are usually near the front of our guild groups, and are invaluable with the speed boost underwater too (need to cross that big lake in the borderlands?)

If you were soloing that would be a different story, but if your with your guild, a well organized wvw guild group will make sure that everyone is being hit by the group speed buffs (and make sure classes with passive speed boosts in utilities swap them out for more useful group utilities

in Mesmer

QuackzMcDuck.9840

Well it really makes me want to re-roll…If I’m not correct, almost every other class has passive speed signets…Why not us…I almost have a problem getting to my guild when they’re grouped together in the first place lol…

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

If you’re running with a guild, everyone should chain speed buffs for the group. This puts everyone at the same speed +33% (doesnt stack). The issue only comes up if you get left behind for other reasons.

I’m someone who always manages to get lost somewhere. If that applies to you, an ele is a great choice which a pile of passive and active speed buffs plus multiple gap closers.

in Mesmer

QuackzMcDuck.9840

If you’re running with a guild, everyone should chain speed buffs for the group. This puts everyone at the same speed +33% (doesnt stack). The issue only comes up if you get left behind for other reasons.

I’m someone who always manages to get lost somewhere. If that applies to you, an ele is a great choice which a pile of passive and active speed buffs plus multiple gap closers.

That always happens to me….And I tried Ele as my first class I played…It just didn’t have the feel it did in the BWE’s (They seem a lot squishier now)…So I deleted it…Perhaps I should revist it?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You are using your blink as well, right? It won’t make up the difference but it helps.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Mesmer

QuackzMcDuck.9840

You are using your blink as well, right? It won’t make up the difference but it helps.

Yes I almost always have that in my build…=)

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Another option is let the mesmer lead the guild group. Guaranteed to never have to play catchup

More seriously, yes we don’t have very much in regards to raw speed, that said our portal can outmatch any other class for point a-b speed.
And with Haloween you can always pop a few candycanes if you have fallen behind

But yes, no passive buffs for us. (my utility bar is full anyway, no room for a passive speed buff!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

Ele is a rough class for solo PvE. If I had to rank the 5 classes I have in terms of easy of doing the personal story quests, I’d say:
1) Guardian
2) Ranger
3) Necro
4) Mesmer
5) Ele

But I’d probably reverse that order in terms of what’s fun in WvW. Ele is so fast and literally throws fireballs and rains fire on people. So much damage, cc, AoE, combo fields, healing and utility.

Every single class forums is full of people complaining about their class and wanting a buff. I recommend trying every class. (Of my 5, only the necro isn’t 80 yet.)

Mesmer is not very fast, and I’m not doing a ton of damage. But I have a ton of HP and really a lot of survivability even with fresh 80 crafted rare gear.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hydrodioxide.1705

Hydrodioxide.1705

OP!

Gear your entire set in Superior Rune of the Centaur, trust me on this.

Get/take the trait in one of the trees that gives you swifteness every time you heal.

Outcome: when you use the first heal skill, you’ll get swiftness for 17 seconds.

Cooldown is 20 seconds, if you pop the 4 skill on the trinket thing, then pop the heal, you get around 26 seconds of swiftness.

Swiftness for 26 SECONDS. Cooldown on heal 20 SECONDS. Just keep spamming heal, you’ll have permanent Swiftness of 33%.

YOURE WELCOME

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

^^ Could you use mirror to get a heal every 15secs? Or Mantra heal it up for 10secs?
Theorycrafting

in Mesmer

QuackzMcDuck.9840

OP!

Gear your entire set in Superior Rune of the Centaur, trust me on this.

Get/take the trait in one of the trees that gives you swifteness every time you heal.

Outcome: when you use the first heal skill, you’ll get swiftness for 17 seconds.

Cooldown is 20 seconds, if you pop the 4 skill on the trinket thing, then pop the heal, you get around 26 seconds of swiftness.

Swiftness for 26 SECONDS. Cooldown on heal 20 SECONDS. Just keep spamming heal, you’ll have permanent Swiftness of 33%.

YOURE WELCOME

Seems like it would work…But it also seems like it would cut your potential damage output by alot.

(edited by QuackzMcDuck.9840)

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

i’ve pondered doing this too, but the sacrifice is too great imo, also if you get ambushed you’re sort of caught with your pants down.

also, the temporal curtain does not grant swiftness if you already has some, (it’s a bug i assume) so that’s something to keep in mind when trying to stay mobile.

i agree with most things said, notably that in groups it’s almost negated as it’s a communal speed thing, and that centaur can help, but not ideal. focus and blink is enough to keep me sated. at first i was annoyed with no passive speed boost sig, but that means that i have an extra utility which i hold dearly (feedback, decoy, nullfield/thievery, mirror images, even veil sometimes. oh, and portal), and we dont really have too hard a time keeping up.

(not to mention the utility of curtain itself! cripple and a pull… GLORIOUS!)

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

also, the temporal curtain does not grant swiftness if you already has some, (it’s a bug i assume) so that’s something to keep in mind when trying to stay mobile.

Not a bug, it was removed back in Beta because people would place it down and run back and forth over it to create a huge time stack.
Unfortunately instead of coding in the ability to allow only TP to not stack ontop of TP, they just removed the ability for the swiftness of TP to stack ontop of any other swiftness (you can still stack ontop of TP though through other means.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

@kylia
yeah i realise that, veil was the same i believe(?)

the bug is that it doesn’t stack on ANY swiftness, that was what i meant. and youre right you can still stack swiftness AFTER TC.

:3

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

I’m looking at the traits for mesmers right now, and I’m not seeing anything that does swiftness when you heal….

Am I just missing it somehow? Or is it an ability you get from runes?

EDIT: Found it. A superior rune of the centaur 6 piece bonus isn’t terribly useful while still in the leveling up process. Your gear changes too often, and not having access to it until level 60 is pretty kitten late.

In the meantime I suppose you could go 2 runes each of Air/speed/pack. 30% swiftness duration from level 1. Then to 45% at level 39. Assuming they actually stack that way.

Seems a little silly to have to jury-rig out of combat movement like this. Is there a food buff other than candy corn you can make? Or an artificer potion maybe?

(edited by Eliteseraph.4970)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I have found the mesmer to be glacially slow in getting around out of combat. I believe mesmer and guardian are the only ones without a passive speed boost signet like thief and necro get.

Guardian however has staff #3, greatsword #3, retreat (which grants swiftness), save yourselves (which grants swiftness) and the class naturally lends itself to +boon duration so the swiftnesses it gets last forever.

Mesmer is just a plodding dullard by comparions. Focus #4 just doesn’t cut it.