Overview of mesmer bugs (?) after patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hagaren.7125

Hagaren.7125

@clipnotdone: Yup

So this is Illusionary 101: How to regen!
—————————————————————————————————-
all phantasms apply regen after 3-5secs when spawned and traited to Phantasmal Healing.
iDuelist: Gives 3s (uptime infite) regen when under 250-300 range
iWarlock: Gives 5s regen (maybe in 10s invervals) range: Stand on the freaking warlock!
iMage: same 5s and 10s interval, range seems to be lower than iDuelist
iWarden, iDisenchanter, iDefender and iSwordsman seems to be same as iMage
lolBerserker: 5s & 10s interval range under 150?

I don’t bother to test underwater phantasms cuz everyone should
already get the point: useless trait

UNLESS!!! you stack 3 duelists all around the point, they are immune to damage and they have no CD!!!!111

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Why make a new list when they fixed 0 bugs off the old one?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

To remind them that we haven’t forgotten and aren’t pleased that 20+ things are still not working properly.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Found another bug… Illusionary Whaler? (Trident Phantasm) deals damage like a clone (around 20 while my other water phantasm deals 1.4k++) >_<

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Found another bug… Illusionary Whaler? (Trident Phantasm) deals damage like a clone (around 20 while my other water phantasm deals 1.4k++) >_<

thats not a bug, it does 8 stacks of bleed instead of direct damage.

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

isn’t it? im pretty sure it doesn’t deal damage as if it was a clone (2 digits MAX) pre-patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I’ll confirm that Whaler only did single digit damage before the patch. Threw me at first, too, before I realized it’s purpose is adding bleed stacks. Makes it feel more like a clone than a Phantasm.

As for the rest, thanks for posting these detailed lists. I’m not methodical enough to pick out the details, but I did suddenly feel like I was playing a Mesmer for the first time after this patch. I’ve never been one to side with the “mesmer’s suck for PvE” crowd. Even before level 40 I’ve had a blast playing my Mesmer.

Now, it feels like I’m trying to drive my Mesmer under the influence, so to speak. The things that I used to do while kiting handfuls of mobs now seem to fail most of the time and get me killed.

Those little hilly areas on the new island were murder. What appears to be a couple foot drop in terrain is filling the screen with “Obstructed” notices.

One thing I don’t see listed here is that I seem to be constantly switching targets in the middle of combat for no apparent reason. As I said, I’m not really methodical enough to figure out exactly what is going on. Is anyone else having this problem? I did notice another mesmer who seemed to be attacking random mobs in the middle of fights, but I didn’t ask if it was intentional or not.

I play using keys entirely for movement and skills, with the right mouse button held down for turning most of the time. I’ve read people talking about mouse turning somehow selecting other targets, but haven’t really experienced anything like that. Suddenly, with the patch, I’m constantly switching targets to nearby mobs I haven’t aggroed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

I’ll confirm that Whaler only did single digit damage before the patch. Threw me at first, too, before I realized it’s purpose is adding bleed stacks. Makes it feel more like a clone than a Phantasm.

As for the rest, thanks for posting these detailed lists. I’m not methodical enough to pick out the details, but I did suddenly feel like I was playing a Mesmer for the first time after this patch. I’ve never been one to side with the “mesmer’s suck for PvE” crowd. Even before level 40 I’ve had a blast playing my Mesmer.

Now, it feels like I’m trying to drive my Mesmer under the influence, so to speak. The things that I used to do while kiting handfuls of mobs now seem to fail most of the time and get me killed.

Those little hilly areas on the new island were murder. What appears to be a couple foot drop in terrain is filling the screen with “Obstructed” notices.

One thing I don’t see listed here is that I seem to be constantly switching targets in the middle of combat for no apparent reason. As I said, I’m not really methodical enough to figure out exactly what is going on. Is anyone else having this problem? I did notice another mesmer who seemed to be attacking random mobs in the middle of fights, but I didn’t ask if it was intentional or not.

I play using keys entirely for movement and skills, with the right mouse button held down for turning most of the time. I’ve read people talking about mouse turning somehow selecting other targets, but haven’t really experienced anything like that. Suddenly, with the patch, I’m constantly switching targets to nearby mobs I haven’t aggroed.

the same happens with my mesmer all the time, its the right click mouse button

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

>_< the whaler sucks then. clones are even better than it at this point.

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

The funny part is that they actually are since trident clones hit multiple times per attack and stack confusion.

25/90 never forget.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

So, now we just need a dev to go through this detailed list of bugs?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

almost 80

feeling super duper

point and shoot, run in circles

is so easy

butterflies

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

that was very interesting, but not really meaningful (related to the topic)

thanks for contribution and enjoy your mesmer =)

in Mesmer

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

I’d also add the following bugs relating to armor set buffs.
The 5 second swiftness from Air runes armor set is only applied on first use of mantra of recovery (and yes, I waited for 10 seconds before healing again when trying to apply the swiftness again). The same applies to other swiftness-on-healing armor buffs.
I am certain a similar lack of armor-related buffs is also present on other heal-based buffs when it comes to mantra of recovery.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

that was very interesting, but not really meaningful (related to the topic)

thanks for contribution and enjoy your mesmer =)

Except for Phantasmal Healing being lackluster, as expounded in my other post on the subject, I find the mesmer delightful, and any changes have had little to no impact on my playtime.

Maybe not the answer you were hoping for, but nevertheless (related to topic)mk?

I hope I used “expounded” right, lol. Never tried it in a real sentence before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Except for Phantasmal Healing being lackluster, as expounded in my other post on the subject, I find the mesmer delightful, and any changes have had little to no impact on my playtime.

You’re not getting “OBSTRUCTED OBSTRUCTED OBSTRUCTED”?

Hmmm, maybe I need to find somewhere with flatter terrain and try it…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

Clones produced by dodge rolling will often attack other targets instead of the one you have selected which is problematic when you want to focus fire, avoid over pulling mobs or shatter a specific target.

Deception is really hit and miss, often teleporting you just next to the target that you’re trying to get away from where you were or, into the heat of battle. More control in where we land would be better

The Prestige cast shouldn’t break on dodge roll or, have the blast go off instantly followed by stealth which doesn’t break on dodge. The stealth that comes with it often appears not to work allowing enemies to continue targeting you and deal damage

otherwise many of the glaring issues are already stated

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

spot on points
+gabillion for Mindstab reverting to Beta targeted version + Launch.

Heres my observations so far.

Illusion pathfinding is borked.
They still regularly get stuck on hills, minor obstructions and occasionally just run in the opposite direction of their target.

Illusions attacking out of range and not connecting with anything.
Sword clones are particularly prone to this, as are iSwordsmen. Illusions often shatter out of range and don’t damage their target.

Clones still use Beta versions of skills.
Trident clones still stack confusion for example.

Illusion summoning is still buggy and unreliable.
They still flat out fail in conditions where they should normally work, Illusionary leap still fails on stationary targets at point blank range.

Phantasm specific summoning issues.
With the new behaviour introduced in the patch, Phantasm skills often miss, or otherwise fail in conditions in which they should work. The iWarden has had this behaviour for some time and was often overlooked because of how unreliable summoning it was, now ALL Phantasms act like this. In addition to the regular illusionary summoning bugs, they also enjoy projectile based bugs as well.

iZerker damage and ability to hit target has been kittened.
iZerkers appear to do roughly a third of their original damage per hit, in addition they are connecting with their attacks considerably more unreliably, often outright missing and doing nothing.

Illusionary Warden does not move between attacks.
Not entirely sure if this is intended or not, sometimes it half does sometimes it doesnt. There hasn’t been any official word either way so I have no idea. Personally I think it should though, its attack and summoning cooldown are huge and its attack is far from fast or hard to dodge.

Condition removal skills are still bugged
Arcane Thievery is still buggy and rarely works. Despite it being ‘fixed’ I’ve noticed it still being blocked by Aegis. Null Field still randomly doesn’t remove conditions and boons. Mender’s Purity still often doesn’t work. I don’t know about Shattered Conditions because the only Grandmaster trait that isn’t garbage is Illusionary Persona.

Phantasm buffs still broken.
Phantasmal Fury overwrites Phantasmal Healing, neither of which refresh properly on any Phantasm bar the Duellist.

Sharper Image bleeding still fails on Illusion death.
Bleeding caused by this trait causes zero damage when the illusion dies, given how quickly this happens in most situations, this is a rather prevalent problem.

The underwater version of Mimic lasts half as long as it does on land.
Pretty self explanatory, the window for absorption and reflection is half the time it is land with the same cooldown, very much hampering an already often ignored skill.

Absorbed attack still causes full effects with Mimic(?)
Not entirely sure if this is intended or not, but full damage and effects are taken on the first attack, preventing it from defending against pulls dazes and stuns which will interrupt the skill and cause the full cooldown to take effect.

Deception doesn’t break targeting.
Deception, the second downed skill does not break targeting and will almost never work as a result.

Illusion of Drowning has generally unlimited range.
Illusion of Drowning can be used out of range and most of the time will work at almost any distance so long as you have something targeted.

Temporal Curtain vertical range prevents it from reflecting projectiles.
Many Arching projectiles bypass it right now, slight elevation changes in terrain can also cause it to fail.

Temporal Curtain’s Swiftness buff does not stack with others.
Pretty self explanatory.

Distortion will sometimes fail to do anything.
Damage and various CC will often still occur during Distortion, from both the Shatter and Blurred Frenzy.

Blink and other porting skill still hilariously broken.
You can still port through walls, the floor and out of the map in general. Additionally, porting over the top of objects still has a habit of failing.

Blink occasionally doesn’t break stun.
Blink will often cause you to port, but not break stun. This happens more often than not with knockdowns.

Mirror Blade often fails.
Mirror Blade will often fail to activate at closer ranges and act as if it has been interrupted.

Illusionary Wave will fail at close range.
This skill will very rarely work at close range.

There are a few more, but there is already a tread for it.

I would like to ad one more thing though.

Mind Stab (Greatsword) is an awful skill.
Roots the Mesmer, does poor damge and has awful range. Id like to see it get an extra 10 seconds or so on the cooldown, revert to its old animation and becoming a launch.
Yes. a launch.
Because that would be pretty dang awesome to see in a WvW Zerg.

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carkara.1846

Carkara.1846

Deceptive Evasion is failing more often than ever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Siok.2798

Siok.2798

Deceptive Evasion is failing more often than ever.

Funny thing (or not -_-)

When I entered the Charr dungeon in Fractal, I found that since I was transformed in a Charr, Deceptive evasion wasn’t working at all. I wasn’t able to pop a clone that way.

Am I the only one with this bug ?

I love how they add bugs without fixing old ones, sometimes I feel like the game was in better shape in Beta.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Charr fractal, dolphin fractal, ghost shapechange in AC, a myriad of quests and a few more I am not bothering to remember atm. Anything that ‘disguises’ you kills the Deceptive Evasion trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Charr fractal, dolphin fractal, ghost shapechange in AC, a myriad of quests and a few more I am not bothering to remember atm. Anything that ‘disguises’ you kills the Deceptive Evasion trait.

I don’t even understand how they implemented it that a SKILL gets broken by your character’s APPEARANCE being changed.
I’d love to see their code, because some of these bugs make me think that part of their code must be hilarious as kittens.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mereto Nat.3621

Mereto Nat.3621

Decoy is broken, it does show a cool looking stealth animation, though it does not break target (neither in WvW nor in normal PVE).

Feedback quite often places the dome at ground level, even when the target is right on the top of the wall.

I’ve also experienced the ’target one mob, but attack hits a completely different mob.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mereto Nat.3621

Mereto Nat.3621

After Blink character animation is stuck, when Blink was used while running forward

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

Today, doing WvW, I somehow got stuck in Mind Stab animation and could not move, it was like my GS was stuck in the ground and I could not get it out lol (used blink to fix that)

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

After Blink character animation is stuck, when Blink was used while running forward

Personally Id prefer that one didnt get fixed

Almost as funny as jumping during emotes used to be.

25/90 never forget.

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

I posted in the other thread in the bug forum to bring it to more attention again.. I had to search for a while because that thread wanted to disappear… it was on page 20 or so..

They cannot do that to us!!

I am not amused.