Please fix feedback bug

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

For kittens sake. I love teleporting into the enemy zerg because they use a pull towards my feedback and it pulls me to my feedback.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I think it’s intended.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This actually only occurs with the necromancer skill dark path. Judging from the patch notes, they attempted to fix it by making it, and I quote “unblockable”. However, it obviously didn’t work.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fallen.2158

Fallen.2158

Please make it so retaliation doesn’t hurt me from the moron’s shooting into my defense mechanic

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Yea, I dropped the feedback bubble for the two reasons already mentioned: As if getting teleported into the enemy zerg wasn’t enough, taking retaliation damage from the people shooting themselves is just silly. If anything they should be taking retaliation damage to themselves.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Really though, Area Reflection (with a chance of Confusion) is so absurdly powerful in zerg situations I don’t see taking Retaliation damage as unfair.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I find this “bug” to be very entertaining actually. There was one night last week where we were fighting DB and I was playing glamour, pretty sure there was a necro over there that knew about this because I wound up in the middle of their zerg I dunno how many times, was funny xD

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: LibertyBeer.7418

LibertyBeer.7418

Can someone please clarify? Here’s what I think you all might be saying:

a) If your feedback bubble intersects the path of a pull skill, then you are pulled to your feedback bubble?

b) And it doesn’t matter if you are the target of the pull or not – i.e. you would be pulled in addition to the actual target(s) of the pull?

c) Or is it that the pull is targeted at the feedback bubble itself?

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Okay guys think of it this way. A necro uses a skill that teleports to you under normal circumstances. Using feed back… The skill is reflected soooooo everything is going to be reversed…. So instead of the necro teleporting to you… you go to him… Its not a bug its working as intended.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Actually, I’m pretty sure its a bug and not working as intended, due to the patch notes saying they made dark path unblockable. It obviously didn’t fix it, but it seems like Anet is trying to get it to stop doing that.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Clearly a bug as feed back applies only on projectiles.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

jportell, the issue with your logic is the fact that the necro’s skill has to hit us to teleport the necromancer to us. Since the necromancer isn’t hitting us, we should not be involved whatsoever with any teleporting associated with that skill.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Ooooooookkk. Here’s how it works.

Dark path is a projectile. It is reflected by feedback.

The mechanic for normal dark path usage says when the projectile hits the target, you will teleport to the target.

When feedback reflects a projectile, it becomes YOUR attack. This is most easily noticed by the fact you will see damage numbers and take retaliation from dropping feedback into a zerg.

When feedback reflects dark path, it becomes YOUR dark path. When it hits the necro, that means your dark path connected, and so you will teleport to the target.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I know I’m gong to get tarred, feathered and flamed for this but I actually like these “bugs”. It’s like, in Final Fantasy, you can cast reflect on an ally and then use a targeted spell on them to hit an enemy. I’m not opposed to them being fixed but they do make things more interesting.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

The basic mechanics are working as intended, I used to use this on the mobs in Orr that threw anchors at you then pulled you in, causing them to instead be pulled to me. It’s just the opposite effect type.

Making Dark Path Unblockable should fix it, but it’s still a neat hitch to the system.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

This actually only occurs with the necromancer skill dark path. Judging from the patch notes, they attempted to fix it by making it, and I quote “unblockable”. However, it obviously didn’t work.

making it unblockable makes things worse. Now dark path is effective a guarantee hit.

I want anet to the keep reverse tele mechanic against mesmer. It adds an extra diversity of play style since there is retribution when a mesmer uses feedback. Besides, the mesmer will apply chill instead of the necro. I think its a fair trade off.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

Don’t sound fair to me, I shouldn’t have to fear for my life when using a ranged ability.

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Don’t sound fair to me, I shouldn’t have to fear for my life when using a ranged ability.

…said the guy who cast Feedback. The irony xD
(I get the point, I just happened to find the phrasing amusing ^^)

Please fix feedback bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Then what about thieves with shadow shot?
(lol, I’m so gonna rebuild my thief to P/D just to laugh at glam mesmers)

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.