PVE/WvW build

PVE/WvW build

in Mesmer

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

I’m trying to throw together this build that plays off of confusion/retaliation and reflection. Ive tested it out on mobs but i need some feedback.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAW8dlwzqqHVTmGbNJyJFU3yhSx2ddkK0alUMbXIA;TEAgyA

I am still considering torch but I don’t really want to lose the benefits of either focus or staff.

Your main confusion generator is your shatters, they also do their own significant damage. Retaliation comes from shatters and your light field leap combo from the focus. I have around 24k health in this setup running full carrion gear, rune of the undead (adventure maube?) and chrysecola jewelry.
Does anyone have any opinions on this at all?

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

PVE/WvW build

in Mesmer

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

I have no opinions on pve. But in pvp and wvw I run a similar build. I also use carrion and rely heavily on retaliation and confusion. I’m sure this build would work for you, but try 0/30/20/0/20 with sword/pistol and staff. Less punch on your mind wrack, but what you gain is very worth it (imho).

You pickup confusing combatants and debilitating dissipation, so your clones apply confusion and either bleed or vuln or weak every time they die/pop for any reason other than a shatter. Your also grabbing illusionist’s celerity and the cooldown reduction for all your weaps. That plus deceptive evasion and you pump clones/images at a staggering rate.

I run sword/pistol instead of focus for one important reason. Iduelist’s shots are combo projectiles, so drop a chaos storm or null field on your iduelist, and he will inflict confusion with every shot. I dunno how many thieves/wars/rangers have burned themselves down on me before they knew it due to retaliation and ~9 stacks of confusion.

This build does decent damage, but it’s very low on burst. It is very resilient and tough to take down. It’s also exceedingly annoying to fight, which is why I love it.

Remember, left to right

Attachments:

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

PVE/WvW build

in Mesmer

takkattak.1974

I knew that about iduelist but I had somehow overlooked that fact when thinking about this. I like focus for wvw bc i like ripping upscales off the towers and reflection is fun against zerglings. I think I will go pistol with this build though, thats a lto of confusion. I am going to try out your trait adjustments. I can see the logic behind them for the most part. So are you talking a 4/9/10/5/10/2/5 trait set up?

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

PVE/WvW build

in Mesmer

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

Yep, you’ve got it
I always keep a focus in my bag for travel, and for tower assault. It’s still a great offhand without the projectile reflection, so no worries if you get caught up in a fight with it equipped while travelling.

Oh, for utilities.. 90% of the time I run blink, null field and decoy with Mass Invis.

Sometimes for WVW I run 20/25/10/0/15, and go GS/sword focus or sword/sword. I don’t like dropping master of misdirection. I do think the staff is stronger is most situations than GS, but GS is really nice for putting clones/illusions on your enemy at range.

In pvp I use carrion amulet, berserker jewel and runes of Lyssa. Sigils of energy for more dodge clones. Wvw I’m in all berserker armor, chrysocola jewlery and orbs. Rampager armor would probably be better, but I had switched from a power/crit glass build and didn’t feel like grinding cash for new armor.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

PVE/WvW build

in Mesmer

takkattak.1974

that s a fair gear suggestion, i have a combo zerker build atm with a mix of knights and zerker gear. Was trying to figure out the logistics of 3 full gear sets and a billion weapons ;p
What is the purpose of rampager instead of carrion? for precision? i mean obviously the crit is nice but it seems a bit less useful in this build than a defensive stat like vitality would be.. i like having 25k health lol

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven