Passive movement speed?

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Q:

Are there any plans to bring up the mesmer options for swiftness and/or a passive trait or signet to the level that other professions enjoy? Preferably signet so we dont get pigeonhold into a certain trait.

If no, why not? If yes, are we talking next patch, or summer, or maybe sometime 2013?

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

They talked about doing that last year, which then turned out to be a 2s increase to Temporal Curtain’s Swiftness and a 5s increase to Signet of Inspiration’s random Swiftness.

I think Compounding Celerity can have a passive speed bonus in addition to its Illusion bonus… maybe 10%, and a further 7% per Illusion.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

As much as I’d like a speed boost, I take the opinion that if every class had some form of speed buff, none of us would actually be getting buffed as we would all be equal. They would have to be class specific, so in our case maybe have a speed boost equivalent to our shatter recharge rate or so on etc.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I’d much rather maintain a high level of in-combat mobility than receive a general swiftness buff. (Love and Nerfbats seem to go hand-in-hand.)

That said, I would also love a good reason to use a pistol in WvW, but my focus takes up the OH slot 90% of the time.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As much as I’d like a speed boost, I take the opinion that if every class had some form of speed buff, none of us would actually be getting buffed as we would all be equal. They would have to be class specific, so in our case maybe have a speed boost equivalent to our shatter recharge rate or so on etc.

So what you are saying is that if the only class that doesnt have an easy way to achieve perma-swiftness would get it, they would suddenly become “equal”? Does not compute. Mesmer is the ONLY light armour class that lack passive speed boost and the ONLY class requiring boon gear, specific weapon or runes to achieve perma-swiftness. The other classes already are equal in this field, except the Mesmer.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kamizefrog.3421

kamizefrog.3421

It’s bad enough that we have the slowest movement speed in the game, but the 15%(?) reduction in speed while engaged in battle is a game breaker. As a mesmer, It’s highly improbable to defeat an opponent (insert class w/passive speed buff or spamable movement skills) who has half a brain to flee from the battle. Sure I can blink to close some distance, but they’ll still out run me, because even if they have the in battle speed penalty, it’s offset by the passive speed buff they have. Further, Blink is only viable for one “attempt” because of its excessively long CD. Also, I can attempt to use Illusionary leap to “lock” them in place, but that only works if we’re on equal terrain (which is 45% of the time), or if they don’t simply dodge it. Next, I can try to pull them with temproal curtain, but that only stops them for a millisecond. Last, I can do a 180 (which forces me to stop running for a second) with a staff and pray I phase retreat near the enemy. Now after all that, if I’ve caught up (highly unlikely), I’ll be at a major disadvantage because these skills will be on CD’s.

Flipping the example, I would have no chance of escape, because the other classes can easily outrun me, and I would have blown through these skills just trying to run away. This equates to other classes saying to memsers, “don’t try to run, you’ll only die tired.”

So please consider giving us some form of a passive speed buff. Also, Compounding Celerity trait is useless (and doesn’t count) because our illusion often don’t survive long enough in battles for us to make use of this trait.

Now, if a passive speed buff (preferably on signet of inspiration) is not in the works, I’d say a fair buff would be a 50% reduction of blink’s CD. This would make it more viable for pursuit or escape in battle (see supra). If you think that’s OP, I’ll direct you to the thief’s short-bow (5) skill ; it’s basically our “blink” skill that can be used in succession up to three times (depending on the thief’s initiative.)

?? ???? ??

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Rubbish I play mesmer with runes of the centaur Sc/T with GS and i can easily get away from anyone, ive made my build to be able to effectivly approach a zerg release a cycle on to them then retreat cooldown and repeat, my survivability is prestine and i have zerk stats, not only that i can switch to focus for 1v1, use pull with focus blink in front then push with GS then cripple with GS the player will now be weak confused (IRL) and cripple use invisibilty to remove lock on then wait for cool down on wep switch to pull to scepter for counter, the mesmer is easily the most adaptable class, yes they may be weaker than the warrior in terms of def and les manouverable than the thief but they have the ability to fill all roles.

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

We’re fine. I accept that as a reasonable weakness. We can’t have it all, seriously and I’d rather have the current package instead of getting passive speed for most certain nerf as a payment.

Also… You can’t disengage from a fight as a Mesmer? Really? I am nearly unkillable in tPvP just because I am as slippery as a piece of kitten that gets flushed in the toiled. I’d say only thieves and an occasional ele are better at getting away.

Catching people may be a bit harder, but then GS, pistol, focus and main hand sword all provide good means to catch up with people on top of blink. You need to actively avoid these weapons to not be able to pursuit someone reasonably well.

(edited by Gaidax.7835)

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

gaidax i agree, i have no issues with this, its all about your skill with the mesmer hence why the opinions of them have such a large margin

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I also agree. While out of combat convenience is one thing, we can already cover “mostly” with SoI and Focus here, and beyond that I’d rather not take an extra nerf in return for getting a signet I’d then have to keep equipped to get +25% runspeed.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Rubbish I play mesmer with runes of the centaur

Good for you, now try without those runes like anybody else. They aren’t even available for condition builds.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Rubbish I play mesmer with runes of the centaur

Good for you, now try without those runes like anybody else. They aren’t even available for condition builds.

condition smition xD after the nerf you should be working on a different build and even before youre 100% correct it doesnt work with condition hence why i always thought it was inferior in anything but sPVP

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: gorma.3725

gorma.3725

If we can’t get perma swiftness passive, then we should get some more options to cripple our enemies. Sword #3 has low duration(1,75s) and not everyone is using a GS.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

you have a stun on a signet remember

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Which improves condition damage. Clappity clappity.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Which improves condition damage. Clappity clappity.

i was being sarcastic but its good that you made such a compelling counter argument

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aten.8046

Aten.8046

I’d change Compounding Celerity and make it give 5% speed buff for every illusion u DON’T have active on the field. That means that if u’re just out of combat and running around u have 15% speed buff. But during the fight with 3 illusions up u don’t have any speed advantages, which is fair cause mesmer’s mobility during fight is already good.Oh and I’d move it from inspiration to another trait line like Illusions ^^

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Talve.9027

Talve.9027

Mesmer is the ONLY light armour class that lack passive speed boost and the ONLY class requiring boon gear, specific weapon or runes to achieve perma-swiftness. The other classes already are equal in this field, except the Mesmer.

Also the only class who has access to that lovely portal.

Noexc / Ranger
Talve / Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’d change Compounding Celerity and make it give 5% speed buff for every illusion u DON’T have active on the field. That means that if u’re just out of combat and running around u have 15% speed buff. But during the fight with 3 illusions up u don’t have any speed advantages, which is fair cause mesmer’s mobility during fight is already good.Oh and I’d move it from inspiration to another trait line like Illusions ^^

I’d stab myself in the face if they put your idea through. I don’t want to become slower the more I spawn clones. Also, how does this compare to other passive bonuses for other classes?

As it is now if you want to run toward, or away from enemies you can decoy for 5% move speed, staff 2 for another 5%, if you already have something up you’re at 15%. Drop a mirror image and instant 10% move speed. For escapes, or charging at your opponent, you put the clones up and gain the benefits of doing so. Your suggestion is counter intuitive.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

I’d stab myself in the face if they put your idea through. I don’t want to become slower the more I spawn clones. Also, how does this compare to other passive bonuses for other classes?

As it is now if you want to run toward, or away from enemies you can decoy for 5% move speed, staff 2 for another 5%, if you already have something up you’re at 15%. Drop a mirror image and instant 10% move speed. For escapes, or charging at your opponent, you put the clones up and gain the benefits of doing so. Your suggestion is counter intuitive.

except all those will get you in combat. It is so much faster running when out of combat.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

except all those will get you in combat. It is so much faster running when out of combat.

If you get to such a distance that you break from combat, it’s irrelevant. You can swap to focus at that point and use temporal curtain. Besides, our best gap makers aside from straight up swiftness are staff 2 and blink, preferably traited. So there’s synergy with staff and compounding celerity. You can also lay down chaos storm for swiftness boons, and if you’re smart, attack critters for the bounce swiftness. But, being a mesmer, you hardly need these on a regular day to get by.

A passive in combat speed buff is better than an out of combat speed buff that breaks the moment you enter combat.

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Some other classes have to give up things for swiftness as well…

For mesmer you must trait into focus, and get swiftness on heal runes. Guards have to use a staff + trait for 2h mastery and they nearly get perma with pack runes. It requires an investment to get it. I LIKE that. It’s a boon… I don’t see why people should have it permanently so easily like eng & ele.

Thief and Ranger I understand having a passive for 25% though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Passive movement speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

!No need for more speed. the game is about difficult choices….also focus is great and between plentiful stuns, cripples, stealth, burst damage, clones, teleports and good range damage, we have access to a lot of ways to deal with hit and run tactics, as well as getting out of tough situations…any mesmer build will have access to at least a few of these options, so no need to complain…we are better off than other classes in this regard.