Perma swiftness?

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rainbow.4695

rainbow.4695

Hello. I was using traveller runes for long time and now I thought to try something different but the slowness is painful. I use staff/gs or staff/sceptre/torch and I find it impractical to switch to focus to move around while roaming, because many times I end up in combat and unable to switch to my normal weapons. Is there a way to achieve perma or near perma swiftness just using the signet? ty

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

No, but once Chronomancer hits you can specialize in it for passive +25% movespeed.

If you are using staff you should also practice Phase Dashing (About Face → Phase Retreat → About Face), which helps you moving faster. After a while it will become natural and you won’t think much about it.

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

runes of centaur + mirror heal.

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Hmm.. Runes of Centaur + tonic which has the Leave on slot #6?
Its working outside of combat, but can’t remember if they nerfed it in combat or not..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

if you add Sigil of speed to one of your weapons and use the signet, you can get 3-4 minutes of swiftness easily, just killing mobs…

1 mob killed = 20 secs swiftness (in 20 secs you get 10 secs of swiftness from signet) so,
30 secs of swiftness per mob.

(edited by Drgori.5724)

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I doubt OP would be using Runes of the Centaur if he wants to try a different runeset than Traveler ^^

Also, i consider using tonics this way as an exploit and would never recommend it to someone.

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

You can get pseudo-perma swiftness with Signet of Inspiration, The Prestige, Decoy, and Mass Invisibility. You’ll also need The Pledge and Prismatic Understanding traits. I say pseudo, because it’s completely RNG based. You’ll have a 20% chance to get Swiftness for 3 seconds every second, and 5 seconds of Swiftness every 10 seconds. You could also use Veil to give yourself additional Stealth uptime, or Blink to help on hills to boost speed a little bit.

This’ll last you just north of 40 seconds (w/o Veil), with spotty swiftness…

Thank goodness for Chronomancer.

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Perma swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I just recently changed my Traveler’s Runes to Runes of the Pack. Just using the signet with them, its 6.5 secs of swiftness every 10 secs (21.45% movement speed)… then if you get the on-hit proc its an extra 13 secs which translates to about 40 secs of continuous switness with signet. The on-hit proc isnt very reliable, but they’re a really solid DPS increase over Traveler’s.