Permanent stealth condition thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Behemoth.4952

Alex Behemoth.4952

So how would you deal with such thief. I faced one and I used the most OP build against thieves. A phantasm one. With condition removal.

So this thief keep on going invisible. When he was out of stealth he keep on using death blossom then went to stealth and dodged to create bleed fields, traps, and poison fields which don’t reveal him. Two Mesmers and the 4 npc guards could not do anything against him. He just keep going invisible bleeding the guards to death. And any damage done was recovered after he came from being invisible. I fought him 1v1 and the battle went no where. I luckily had enough condition clears but I can’t figure out how to deal with it.

He did know what he was doing but the build seems a bit op. Does anyone have any solution? It might be just the pure inbalance of conditions right now. You can literaly 4x to 6x the damage of conditions investing in a single trait and eating the right foods. 2000 condition damage and 100% duration = 6x condition damage. Then just put the rest into being tanky.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Bro try to fight PU mesmer in dire armor and dire trinkets Scepter/torch Staff. Same 2kcond dmg plus 25k HP and 3k armor. Good luck to you if he has even rudimentary skills. Or try good cond engy. HEHE. When you see cond builds best is to run away. They usually can’t do anything to you unless you insist on fighting them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well what i do is. i stay calm when i see him the first time or after ive been attacked i use a stunbreaker like decoy or blink away. most of the time i blink and then go decoy. after that he will stealth again. probably goes for another backstab. if he comes out of stealth ill try to cast a phantasm on him. if u run pistol, then such a thief will have a hard time as every time he comes out of stealth the pistol phantasm will attack him.

what helps if u are being attacked:
blurred frenzy right away:deals massive dmg if thief is on u
scepter 2: diels lots of tormenting dmg . i use it when i see him go in stealth
pistol: cast phantasm when he comes out of stealth to attack u and wil continue to attack him every ime he comes out of stealth. if u manage to put a magic bullet on him after phantasm then u will nearly kill him as he is dazed and phantasm will hit him hard
blink: blink out the moment u get attacked
torch: counter stealth and then the blast hits him hard, plus if u got pu or traited torch, helps u a lot
gs: gs5 if he shadowrefuges, berserker hit him hard
mh sword: ileap if u can would work great if it wasnt that bugged
stealth: counter stealth after he stealthed. if u dont have pu then wait 3 sec other wise 2
clone on dodge while in stealth helps to have thief attack clone instead of u

act like your clone when coming out of thealth

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I know the type of thief you’re talking about. The trouble with the above suggestion is that those (huge) caltrop bleed fields also kitten your phantasms and clones. So who cares if he pops out of stealth for a moment, your phantasms arent going to last long to stack up. This guy isnt going to just drop easily anyway.

Best bet: Troll him with a stealth trap.

in Mesmer

Alex Behemoth.4952

I know the type of thief you’re talking about. The trouble with the above suggestion is that those (huge) caltrop bleed fields also kitten your phantasms and clones. So who cares if he pops out of stealth for a moment, your phantasms arent going to last long to stack up. This guy isnt going to just drop easily anyway.

Best bet: Troll him with a stealth trap.

Yea its that type. He kept bleeding my phantasms when I had them out. I did not see much I could do. I can remove 4 conditions every 10 secs with my build but it wasn’t enough as in the gaps while the healing was recharging he could get me somewhere in between and drop 10k in health. Luckily healing mantra could recover that. But I do think that if you have condition removal it should severely punish condition builds not just delay them. But I guess is just wishful thinking.

Anyways if anyone finds a way to counter this build I would be glad to hear it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

This build is about like PU sc/t staff builds… Totally worthless if the other person doesn’t want to fight.

If I really wanted to kill someone running that I’d come back on a condi necro and chain fear them to death.

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

CC is the only way. you try land a stun on him then just dps dump. It’s not likely to kill him same goes for good warriors. If they want to get away they will.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

With great difficulty – cc is great, although they are very slippery – I’d say just burst and try to run away.

Very annoying build – at least vs PU condition you can run away more easily.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

Stay calm and walk away.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Polymorph Moa. Very effective.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

When fighting ANY thief the most important thing to do is recognize right off the bat what weapons they are using.
For a example if the thief is using offhand dagger then you may want to shatter your illusions when you think the thief is about to cnd off of them.

As for this perma stealth condition thief you are talking about. What weapons was he using?
Pistol dagger?(most common condition thief) when fighting these thieves I usually run arcane thievery. Wait until then get to around 50% health then try and bait out a Condie burst of bleeds poisons and torment and then BAM!! Give them a taste of their own medicine for the finishing blow. Gets them every time.

As for tactics it’s all about stoping that cNd on your illusions and stoping them from getting close enough to use their shadow strike.
Do that and their dps dies.
Simple in theory but….with the thieves mobility, abundance of targets for cnd through your illusions, and instant teleports to your location it’s easier said than done.

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Something useful to note is that against a death blossom thief, both the scepter and sword blocks will hit precisely during the aftercast of death blossom if you block the whirl, making them quite useful to tag the thief with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i would deal with it by coming onto the forums and reminding every1 that the theif is OP for all pvp related things

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

After perplexity runes came in, and the initial Bloodlust was released, I came across a thief duo. All they had to do was dodge roll for caltrops/bleeds, and interrupt for confusion, then just hide in stealth (sound familiar?). Phantasms/clones would just get kitten d by bleeds. I went at them three times as they moved from north camp out east, and by the third time this was as “on top” of their game as I could get. They bothered to use a few other skills, but realy the bleed field spams + stealth were in controll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSR3UO4rJdQ

Fortunately thieves in general are out roaming and need to take a different approach given the various situations they’re faced with, so you don’t see these sorts of duos that often.

in Mesmer

Alex Behemoth.4952

After perplexity runes came in, and the initial Bloodlust was released, I came across a thief duo. All they had to do was dodge roll for caltrops/bleeds, and interrupt for confusion, then just hide in stealth (sound familiar?). Phantasms/clones would just get kitten d by bleeds. I went at them three times as they moved from north camp out east, and by the third time this was as “on top” of their game as I could get. They bothered to use a few other skills, but realy the bleed field spams + stealth were in controll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSR3UO4rJdQ

Fortunately thieves in general are out roaming and need to take a different approach given the various situations they’re faced with, so you don’t see these sorts of duos that often.

I think the main problem is the condition mechanic is broken. Its just too much reward. Maybe it can be fixed if a useless stat lets say healing power could be used for condition damage reduction also.