Phantasm Builds: Useless GMs in Illusions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

If you want to create a phantasm build and go into the Illusions line for

• Illusionist’s Celerity,
  • Compounding Power and
  • Phantasmal Haste,

there are no useful GM traits whatsoever. I might assume that Master of Fragmentation is supposed to go with the Chronophantasma trait, but it feels kinda lacking regardless and makes little sense. The other traits are designed to benefit from keeping illusions up, while the GM ones focus on either shattering or, well, doing something that has no connection to “illusions”.

Illusions:
Minor:

• Illusionary Retribution: All shatter skills inflict 1 stack of confusion for 3 seconds when they hit.
  • Illusionist’s Celerity: Reduces recharge of illusion-summoning skills by 20%.
  • Master of Misdirection: Confusion you inflict lasts 33% longer. Reduces recharge on shatter skills by 15%.

Adept:

• Compounding Power: Deal 3% increased damage and gain 50 condition damage for each illusion you control. Fixed a bug which caused this trait to be non-functional while downed.
  • Persistence of Memory: When a phantasm shatters all phantasm skills have their recharge reduced by 2 seconds.
  • The Pledge: Torch skills remove 1 condition from you when activated. While you are stealthed torch skills recharge 1.5% of their maximum recharge every second.

Master:

• Shattered Strength: Gain 1 stack of might for 10 seconds per illusion when you use a shatter skill.
  • Phantasmal Haste: Phantasms attack skill recharge is reduced by 20%, causing them to attack more often. Fixed a bug which cause this trait to have no effect on some phantasms.
  • Maim the Disillusioned. Shatter skills inflict 2 stacks of torment for 6 seconds on foes they hit.

Grandmaster:

• Ineptitude: Inflict 1 stack of confusion for 4 seconds whenever you blind a foe. Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack your attacker is blinded for 3 seconds (10s ICD per foe).
  • Master of Fragmentation: Enhances the effect of shatter skills. Mind Wrack has a 10% increased critical hit chance. Cry of Frustration inflicts cripple for 3 seconds on struck foes. Diversion hits up to 5 targets. Distortion reflects projectiles.
  • Malicious Sorcery: Reduces recharge of scepter skills by 20%. Increases attack speed by 15% while wielding a scepter.
20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Blind on dodge does not sound good to you?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Lishtenbird.2814

A blind with a 10% chance of success, after I already dodged the big attack?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

How do you get to a 10% chance of success? It is 100% every 10 seconds, that does not equal 10%.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

How do you get to a 10% chance of success? It is 100% every 10 seconds, that does not equal 10%.

I think he meant bosses whose blind dont exactly do anything much.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Blind and Confusion, don’t forget!

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes, blind is 10% efficient on creatures with Defiance.

Blind and Confusion, don’t forget!

So, 1 stack of confusion for 4 seconds (a game-changing GM trait!) whenever you blind a foe. And what sense does it make again in a trait line focused on improving Illusions, including phantasms?

Adept and Master has at least 1 of each type of traits:

• bonus for illusion upkeep,
  • bonus for shattering.

Grandmaster does not. It would’ve if illusions blinded foes on non-shatter death or gave AoE blind on you evading or got pulsing protection, but it doesn’t.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Correcting title to “Phantasm Builds: Useless GMs in Illusions for PvE

Sorry, it’s impossible to balance every trait for every game-mode. This one is clearly one aimed at PvP, where it’s a very powerful GM and far from useless.

in Mesmer

Lishtenbird.2814

Correcting title to “Phantasm Builds: Useless GMs in Illusions for PvE

Sorry, it’s impossible to balance every trait for every game-mode. This one is clearly one aimed at PvP, where it’s a very powerful GM and far from useless.

So does it become more “get bonus from illusion upkeep” and “illusion-improving” if talking PvP?

IMO this trait simply does not belong to this tree. By pure description, what does “blind and confuse on evade” sound like? Dueling. Domination. Inspiration. Chaos. Hell, anything but Illusions.