Phantasm Death

Phantasm Death

in Mesmer

Posted by: SpiritualAwakening.5347

SpiritualAwakening.5347

Hey folks,

Been playing Mesmer since launch, been my main. Over the last 4-5 months I’ve finally started wandering into dungeons and I had a question. I haven’t seen much in the forums about it so I thought I would ask….

I was wondering: do we all have problems with our Phantasms dying so quickly? When they stay alive, they do some good dmg, but when they drop so fast with 16s CD I’m left swinging my sword feeling pretty lacking as far as dmg. I typically run with pretty experienced groups so its usually a non-issue. But I just feel like I’m not contributing a decent amount of DPS.

I do compliment my damage (and protect my grp) by utilizing reflects as necessary and I see some pretty big numbers there sometimes. And I make use of Condi removal / pulls / portals. So I feel plenty useful and make the most of the utility I can bring to a group. Just the amount of damage I contribute that I wonder about.

What are y’alls thoughts and opinions on this?

Phantasm Death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

off hand sword are most durable, but yea Focus Phantom Traited should be Immunite To AoE dmg. But i cna agree on tata… nothink is more dissapointed than 4s wasted to summon things that die 1s later… cos random aoe happens…

Overal Mesmer can put crazy dmg, each phantom can dish 10/15k dmg every 5s with mesmer having stable 7k dps.

Phantasm Death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

4 sec summon? boy I’m glad I play another guild wars 2 than you.

Even if those phantasms only hit once and die, they still did more damage than you with your aa. Unless you could cleave. If there are 2 or more targets, don’t summon any single target phants, your aa would deal more damage than they ever will.

Btw most durable is the duellist, the ofhand sword goes melee and is often the target of aoes (unless it attacks where it dodges). Warden never dies while reflecting though.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Phantasm Death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I guess the only thing you can do is to try to position them as good as possible and respawning them as soon as possible (if needed).

off hand sword are most durable

I daresay that would actually be traited iDuelist on max-range. Not more durable, but less likely to get hit/killed.

but yea Focus Phantom Traited should be Immunite To AoE dmg.

Not true. iWarden blocks projectiles while it is spinning (and shortly afterwards). Traites iWarden reflects projectiles instead of just blocking them. While it’s not attacking, it is vulnerable to projectiles just like any other phantasm. And it certainly is not immune to AoE-damage.

Overal Mesmer can put crazy dmg, each phantom can dish 10/15k dmg every 5s

The only phantasm I have seen crit that high are iWarlocks on some boss with 25 stacks of vulnerability and all other conditions on it, while I possibly had some might-stacks on me as well. Also, most phantasms attack slower than once every 5 seconds, even if traited.

Edit: Totally got ninja’d by Xyonon while typing this.~~

Phantasm Death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

4 sec summon? boy I’m glad I play another guild wars 2 than you.

Even if those phantasms only hit once and die, they still did more damage than you with your aa. Unless you could cleave. If there are 2 or more targets, don’t summon any single target phants, your aa would deal more damage than they ever will.

Btw most durable is the duellist, the ofhand sword goes melee and is often the target of aoes (unless it attacks where it dodges). Warden never dies while reflecting though.

Bet? you need waste average 4s to summon 3 phantams?
numbers in game:
Sword man casting time=1s
PW casting time=1s
Signet of the Ether casting time=1s
If you want unleash full power of 3 Phantoms you need waste kitten

yea you dont play Gw2, or you dont know how many time you waste summoning them.
Thats why Ele is broken. They insta summon Lava front that tick for 6-9k dmg whhile summoning MS(2s cast) that hit for like 15k each.. and follow Ice bow that is stupidly (next 1.5s)

Saturn.6591*

You dont get my idea… I mean WE should BE ABLE to trait Phantoms to not get insta-rekt by random aoe’s or better way, they should by immune to them by default.

Dunno what buff/gear you have, in CoE my Phantom Swordsman constantly hit for 9/10k crits, and Iwarden do like 10-15k spins every 5s. And its still not top, i saw on streams how ppl got 17k dmg with them.

Phantasm Death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

The return bat hittin me is insane … I was thinking about one phantasm. But I agree, the summoning time is far too long.

I warden does like 10-15k spins every 15 (!!!) seconds … every 5 sec oh my … :P Warden gets up to 20k when everything is full buffed and you run 66XXX, but if we would always talk about the best situation I’d run staff all day long, cuz they crit up to 30k. But perfection is for E.D. and the truth is to use warden for cleave and reflection, duellist and swordsman for single target and if there are more targets don’t even bother to summon those.

I’ve stopped using the signet in many situations now, since champs die within 5-20 sec, it’s often not worth using it and you’re fine with 2 phantasmsm and your aa + 4% dmg for another mantra. Only durable champs are worth taking the signet, but ppl these days just take a look at metabattle and think they know the most efficient ways. Not talking about you directly, just mentioning it. Don’t feel insulted, it’s not ment to be.

I’d love to see phantasms get 1 sec of distorion whenever you dodge. So you could evade aoe onehits, still being vulnerable to dots is the counterplay I like. Also those insane cast times …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”