Phantasm Mesmer getting borked this patch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I am on the fence as to what this trait overhaul will do to Mesmers. What do you guys think? Scared or hopeful for this patch?

in Mesmer

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

I could see them getting rid of the 25pt minor trait 15% illusion damage or the adapt trait that does the same since it is redundant… but that wouldn’t kill phantasm speccs.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

From the leaked patch note ‘’ Signet of Illusions: Clones and Phantasms will now gain the passive effect of this signet when they are created, rather than a few moments after creation. ’’. (Wich is VERY good).

And ‘’ Compounding Celerity: Movement speed per active illusion has been increased to 10%, allowing for 30% movement speed when three illusions are active. ’’

It’s unconfirmed though.

Nothing else for Phantasm mesmers. You are fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

And ‘’ Compounding Celerity: Movement speed per active illusion has been increased to 10%, allowing for 30% movement speed when three illusions are active. ’’

That trait is useless, at least in PvE. Even with 30% it won’t be a big deal. We have already pretty good mobility in combat. We need ooc speed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

Can u send me a link to the “patchnotes”?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

http://pastebin.com/2rrfg9ps

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

sad face, government of Turkey censorships that link :-/ can’t see it

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

sad face, government of Turkey censorships that link :-/ can’t see it

There is a thread with all the updates posted look there. Also, all changes for Phantasm Mesmers has done nothing but make my build stronger. LOVE IT!!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

As I see it …

Elementalist: 50 lines of buffs
Engineer: 40 lines of buffs
Guardian: 25 lines of buffs
Necromancer: 50 lines of buffs
Ranger: 20 lines of buffs; 10 lines of nerfs
Thief: 15 lines of buffs; 10 lines of nerfs
Warrior: 30 lines of buffs; 15 lines of nerfs

Mesmer: 10 lines of bug/ exploit-fixes; 10 lines of buffs; 20 lines of nerfs; two worthy “interrupt” trait now (increased from 0)

seriously, ANet … why you hate mesmers so much ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

That trait is useless, at least in PvE. Even with 30% it won’t be a big deal. We have already pretty good mobility in combat. We need ooc speed.

For WvW this is a very big boon. Many players react to Phantasm-setups by escaping, and this makes us that much better at keeping them in combat where we can then keep up with them with this.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

As I see it …

Elementalist: 50 lines of buffs

Mesmer: 10 lines of bug/ exploit-fixes; 10 lines of buffs; 20 lines of nerfs; two worthy “interrupt” trait now (increased from 0)

I once was an ele player (mostly pve www no PvP at all)

then i quit www…
Then i rolled mesmer as alt
Then i started to main mesmer

Now my ele will be just a “switch for the daily fotm chest at jade maw”.

I don t think anet hates mesmer…..

I think annet loves thieves and warriors and hates everything that could go against them nerfing it into oblivion (temporal curtain for example).

But please don t say elementalist were buffed…..considering they destroyed completely my ex main.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Read the fake notes, they’d have a lot of buffs.
Although the person you quotes is ofc also displaying Mesmers as the poor little hurt people (since it’s his base class) and everyone else as getting tons of buffs (since those are the people from Thembria).

Everyone does that. All forums react to every set of patch notes like that. “Everyone gets buffs but us!”

It’s part of the background noise you learn to not read as a developer (seriously, took me nearly a year, but now it’s automatic :P ).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

Read the fake notes, they’d have a lot of buffs..

i ve read them and i understood them

That s why i know they are only nerfs at least in pve.

The best part was anet interview….
we know ele is admantly effective in pve…..that is why we will be nerfing it in next 3 Patches.

Btw i don t really care for elementalist anymore….i don t plan on using it.

The only suggestion i may give:

If you play www NEVER EVER kill a thief or you will risk have your profession nerfed to the ground.

If confusion + temporal curtain are still not enough, you should see how any skill countering thieves have been nerfed constantly

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

The best part was anet interview….
we know ele is admantly effective in pve…..that is why we will be nerfing it in next 3 Patches.

Which is true btw, Elementalists are very very effective in PvE in general and groups in particular.

They are ineffective specifically in Warrior-Zerker-groups. A problem best remedied by nerfing Warriors, not touching the other 7 classes. If you make a “normal” group (as in, full DPS setup, but not focused around zerker warriors), Elementalists can easily become the centrepiece of such a group with their plethora of boons and area effects.

Someone brought this up on reddit just yesterday, it’s an interesting and extremely stark contrast, from how strong Elementalists are outside of CoF1, to how incredibly weak they are in it. But really, this is a balance nightmare with Warriors, partially Guardians, CoF and general boss design. Not with Elementalists.

If you play www NEVER EVER kill a thief or you will risk have your profession nerfed to the ground.

If confusion + temporal curtain are still not enough, you should see how any skill countering thieves have been nerfed constantly

Thieves are easy… to pummel. Killing them in WvW is ~impossible, unless the Thief overcommits. But then, no smart thief does, and most of them learn this lesson early.

Thieves can freely escape from any WvW fight, so what they do is that they engage you once, and if it fails to kill you or give them a clear solid advantage, they run away. This is also why it seems that thieves are always built around alpha-burst in WvW, in reality their builds vary but their playstyle makes it appear to be just the alpha attack. At that point they decide fight-or-flight, so they either win, or they vanish.

It’s extremely annoying as the target, but in general once you learn to survive the alpha it’s non-lethal unless you’re already engaged in something else (and now we get to good roaming thieves :P ).

(edited by Carighan.6758)

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

what <.<?

so ele is good for fotm?
i don t think so….and considering my 300-350 pristines i noticed that the more elementalists, the least chance of success…..

When i switched to mesmer i thought “hey i deal double damage with half the effort….i also have awesome utilities ._. …..also pugs actually accept me in party! cool”

please dont take as examples brainless cof1 coe and stuff like that…..
Its not that pretending to be a warrior wielding hammers and GS (and abusing collision glitches) is viable elsewhere.

GW2 balance:

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

That’s the whole point, PvE has to be basically be split into two categories. “Max farming Zerker groups” and “The rest of PvE”. Because plenty classes behave very different in both halves.

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

actually warrior is OP in every single form of PvE, and guardian comes next.

mesmer is still quite good……

GW2 balance:

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

YMMV. I’m strong because of less than a handful of abilities. That makes me wanted, but it feels horrible. I’d rather have actual diversity, but I guess one thing at a time. This patch – if the notes are real, which I still doubt – would enable interrupt-based builds even in PvE, which could be highly interesting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t think it’s useless in WvW, but apart from that yeah, ooc speed would have been more important.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

As I see it …

Where? Are you just trolling right?

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu